Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Looking for a graphics program?
Topic Started: Mar 22 2005, 11:34:16 PM (7,577 Views)
the_cobbinator
Member Avatar
Originally Orange.
Check out these free trial versions for three of the mainstream graphics programs avaliable.

Adobe Photoshop CS
Photoshop is the most powerful of the three, but it will take a lot of time and patience to master it. It is also the most expensive of the three, and will cost close to $800 USD. There are some great advantages to using PS. For one, there are thousands of Photochop resources out on the web, and the user base is both intelligent and helpful.

Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9
Paint Shop Pro is like Photoshops younger brother. It costs about $700 USD less, and while it is simple to use initially, there are some amazing things that can be done with it. One of the compromises that is made in making this program easy to use is power. Some things just can't be done in PSP, or they can't be done as easily. That being said, there is no shame in using Paint Shop Pro; for what you will be most likely doing, it won't matter.

Macromedia Fireworks MX
Fireworks is the most basic of the three programs listed, but it is basic for a reason. Firworks is generally used to develop graphics used in webpage design. Now think about it, do most websites have tech borders, or abstract backgrounds with some images blended in? Not usually. Most web graphics are less than 500 x 500 in dimension, and aren't very flashy. If web design is your game, Fireworks is for you.

Hopefully that will help your decision on which program to LEGALLY purchase. If any discussion about filesharing takes place, you will be warned. Is that simple enough for you?

On a closing note, I would also like to mention the GIMP, which is a free, fully featured graphics application. It is, however, very complex, so I wouldn't reccomend it for anyone who is new to designing graphics.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

gray-fox
Member Avatar
Covert Taskforce Member
Er, you guys know somethings up with the Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9 page?
It says theres a ERROR!! Just thought i'd say.
Posted Image

FrozenFlame
Im Back :]!
Yeah there is a error on the page
Posted Image

Posted Image

Mega Man
Member Avatar
You animal Boom!
There is a error and I cant download Fireworks for some werid reason
Posted Image
The Brother Of Light

Mega Man you're a signature god :D
[/center]

gray-fox
Member Avatar
Covert Taskforce Member
Can someone please fix the Paint Shop Pro 9 Page please?
Posted Image

Refluxe
Member Avatar
Care? No, mate.

Yes, done.
Posted Image

The End
Member Avatar
Leader Of FOXHOUND

gray-fox
Apr 20 2005, 04:45 PM
Er, you guys know somethings up with the Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9 page?
It says theres a ERROR!! Just thought i'd say.

yeah it happend to me to and gray no-one can fix it its bnoty like they made it
I will not stop until everyone on forums likes me
LGC Currentlly looking for Mods and admins despreatly

I got baaaaaaaaaaaaaaned.

MGSTAMER

My Ctrl + (anything) Dosent work in Photoshop, I dont know why.

Captain
Member Avatar
If your mudder get saucy beat da shit out of er

why did you bring this topic back to life you said something pointless and where it doesn't belong stop spamming everywhere its just posts calm down.
Posted Image

Click Here To see Naked Picture Of Ayumi

OS.
Member Avatar
MGSF'S DESTINY....IS TO NEVER DESTINY

What Program do you guys use to make all your sig's with usually?
Posted Image

Posted Image

:gary:
To Gary, RIP friend.

Captain
Member Avatar

you mean use old 1337's we use photoshop its about 800 dolloers but i have my ways infact i think everyone has the same way as me but if its to "Expensive" to get your hands on i'd go with photoimp but thats also pretty hard to get well you jsut need the cd so download fireworks.
or psp i ahve no clue about it though.
Posted Image

Snake.
Soldier
Adobe has Creative Suite 2, so if you wanna change that link cobb? anyway i brought my copy captain so i would shutup if i were you mate.

Captain
Member Avatar

oh no cyber police are gonna come get me geez its not a big deal no differnt than downloding music hehe.
Posted Image

the_cobbinator
Member Avatar
Originally Orange.
Captain
Sep 9 2005, 05:22 AM
oh no cyber police are gonna come get me geez its not a big deal no differnt than downloding music hehe.

No, but the ultra-awesome mod squad will nab you right now with a warning. You're flirting with bannination again, Captain. I would memorize the board rules if I were you.

Posted Image

Captain
Member Avatar

Cobb thats stupid and you know it.
how in one way did i break a rule i didn't flame i didn't spam i'm pretty sure theres no rule about downloading music what did i do.
Posted Image

FrozenFlame
Captain
Sep 9 2005, 09:35 PM
Warez - Discussion or references to illegally downloading or hacking.

Quoted from The Rules

Proof: http://mgsforums.com/index.php?showtopic=1
Posted Image

Posted Image

Captain
Member Avatar

Quote:

Name Changes - You will not be able to change your username so to save yourself some time, please refrain from asking. This is something you signed up with and therefore should stick with throughout your time at this forum. If you really feel you dislike it, you will have to sign up for a new account.

Quoted from the rules.
Posted Image

FrozenFlame
Captain
Sep 12 2005, 10:48 PM
Quote:

Name Changes - You will not be able to change your username so to save yourself some time, please refrain from asking. This is something you signed up with and therefore should stick with throughout your time at this forum. If you really feel you dislike it, you will have to sign up for a new account.

Quoted from the rules.

It says MIGHT!!!
Idiot don't mean its certain <_<
Posted Image

Posted Image

Captain
Member Avatar

no but your stupid to think you "might" you know you can't.
now stop before i get myself a warning.
Posted Image

Otacon
Member Avatar
You hagfish you!
Argh Captain, Your on your last legs mate. 1 more toe outta line and I will personally add that fifth warning onto you.

That is:

Breaking a rule.
Pushing something.
Trying to start on a member.
Discussion of anything.
Spam.
Flaming etc etc

Any slight mishap will get your ass banned. Im fed up.

[My DeviantArt|Rules|PM Me|Facebook]

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Digital Art / Graphics Requests · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin Global Moderator Forum Moderator Member Validating Banned