Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Big Boss is the patriots
Topic Started: Jan 9 2006, 01:51:19 AM (1,231 Views)
grey foxx
Member Avatar
Jail Guard
What if Big Boss is the new patriots. I just finished mgs3 last nite and took care to watch the last cut scene carefully. What if the too young men that say he is the sort of man we need are are talking about the patriots not fox hound.

i know you might not like this theory but i thought i would just but it out there to see what you guys thought
You only live once so get busy living or get busy dying.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

True Patriot
Cyborg NINja
Sorry, no dice. The man with the glasses was Robert MacNamara, the Secretary of Defense at that time. He probably knew of the Philosophers' existence, but he was not a member.
Posted Image
"Even a monkey can write Shakespheare, given enough time." -Col. Hakha, Killzone
I HEAR IT'S AMAZING WHEN THE FAMOUS PURPLE-STUFFED WORM WITH THE TUNING FORK DOES A RAW BLINK ON HARA-KIRI ROCK! I NEED SCISSORS! 61!

Vash_Landers
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
I'd still like to know why Big Boss didnt shake the guy's hand before he walked away. did he have something to with the order to kill the Boss or what?
Posted Image
It might be over, but he won't die. Open your eyes and have some faith
Posted Image
MGO:[JUO]SNAKE
MPO:[JUO]VIPER

Snake Liquid
Member Avatar
It can't be for nothing

Vash_Landers
Jan 9 2006, 07:57 PM
I'd still like to know why Big Boss didnt shake the guy's hand before he walked away. did he have something to with the order to kill the Boss or what?

Nah, I think it had to do with something like he was just shocked that EVA had left and what her true story was. That is why he didn't shake the presidents hand right away. That is what I think anyways.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Barney Stinson

Ted, tonight we're gonna go out. We're gonna meet some ladies, it's gonna be LEGENDARY! Phone-five! *pause* You didn't phone-five, did you? *pause* I know when you don't phone-five Ted.

grey foxx
Member Avatar
Jail Guard
he didn't shake the presedents hand cause ocelot was there and it stunned snake. Thats what makes me believe that some how the ending ties into Big Boss turn to the patriots .

Jaron
Member Avatar
This is what debates is about.
After Metal Gear Solid 3, around Metal Gear and its (true) sequel, Big Boss was behind terrorist actions against the US. The Patriots wouldn't sanction this, and, as a matter of fact, probably felt threatened by it. He was the greatest soldier in the world, and I somehow don't think that kind of man could be held under one's thumb by any means.

JlAyRnOnN

A - B - R - A - C - A - D - A - B - R - A
A - B - R - A - C - A - D - A - B - R
A - B - R - A - C - A - D - A - B
A - B - R - A - C - A - D - A
A - B - R - A - C - A - D
A - B - R - A - C - A
A - B - R - A - C
A - B - R - A
A - B - R
A - B
A

grey foxx
Member Avatar
Jail Guard
maybe he wasnt under the thumb maybe it's a clever ploy by big boss to misinform the differnt government agencies into beliving a lie to create his outer heaven on a grander scale than b4. He once had his hand on the legacy why couldn't he get it back

FoxHounder
Member Avatar
Back from the dead ^^
After what they have done to him, he should ne the Patriots? You know that with this theory MG and MG2 would be of no earthly use than...Also that he didn't shook hands with the president because he saw Ocelot is a very thin theory...I believe that this was a joke or something. I t suggest that he was thinking about what Eva said on the audiotape and that the Boss was no traitor
[ Resident Evil Chat | DC Recruitment ]
Posted Image

grey foxx
Member Avatar
Jail Guard
play the ending again if you hold down R1 ocelot is out side the window when you go to shake the presedents hand the whole meeting at the end bends towards the patriots even the bloody gun you get once you complete the game

FoxHounder
Member Avatar
Back from the dead ^^
I know that you see Ocelot behind the window...I only meant that it might be a joke from Kojima and his stuff. What's with the gun of the Boss? Think logical about it...Big Boss beeing the Patriots is too ridiculous...He hates them for sure! Also it would make no sense that he formed Outer Heaven and Zanzibar Land if this theory would be right! he forced petrovich to develop the first Metal Gear, in MG2 it was even Petrovichs free will to create a new Metal Gear for Big Boss.
It could be that the Patriots maybe control Big Boss, for the case he should really be alive.
Posted Image

Jaron
Member Avatar
This is what debates is about.
Just a thought: Do you think there's a connection between "Gun of the Patriots" and the Patriot gun? Hmm...

JlAyRnOnN

A - B - R - A - C - A - D - A - B - R - A
A - B - R - A - C - A - D - A - B - R
A - B - R - A - C - A - D - A - B
A - B - R - A - C - A - D - A
A - B - R - A - C - A - D
A - B - R - A - C - A
A - B - R - A - C
A - B - R - A
A - B - R
A - B
A

FoxHounder
Member Avatar
Back from the dead ^^
Honestly I don't think that those two things are really connected. I think the name Guns od the Patriots is somekind of metaphor or allusion.
Posted Image

Smegger56
Member Avatar
Be one with the living Smeg
Big Boss a Patriot???? come on man, get real. If that where the case, MG and MG2 (the MSX games) would mean jack sh*t.

Big Boss hated the Patriots/Philosophers for what they did to the Boss and what they did to him. He never wanted to see another soldier used like that agian... just to be used by some ploitician to keep himself in power.

I always thought that the reason he was reluctant to shake the first guys hand was because of what happened, and that this guy knew what was actually going on the whole time, an possibly knew about the Philosophers. If Ocelot was in the window at the time, then that might also be a reason, but i'd like to think that was another reason.

Though, maybe what your saying is that in MGS4, if BB where to be alive, that now he's abandoned his beliefs, and will become a Patriot. But that would be a kick in the teeth to the fans after playing MGS3 and finding out his true reasons for everything he did in MG and MG2 Solid Snake.
Posted ImagePosted Image

acidsnake052992
Member Avatar
The perfect Warrior

I dont think he is.
Posted Image

Thanks for the sig G-Fox ^^
Rejoice, O 'ye bastard for I am banned
Bete la verrga pendejas

Smegger56
Member Avatar
Exactly what we all think.
Posted ImagePosted Image

acidsnake052992
Member Avatar
The perfect Warrior

He wouldnt though, it would be completly against his beliefs. Probly what he was fighting against in MG1 and 2.
Posted Image

Bete la verrga pendejas

Smegger56
Member Avatar
To me, MGS3 clearly stated why he did what he did in MG1&2. And it makes us all the more sorry for this character because in MGS3, he is a truely good soldier. But between MGS3 and MG, he suffered so much pain through connflict, and saw other good soldiers die for nothing more that politics, that he had grown to be a cold man. He snapped.

So yeah, him to all of a sudden be a patriot would ge against his beliefs, and be a kick in the teeth to us after seeing him in MGS3 and going from 'hateing' him (in the sense of his purpose in the original games and the first two MGS games), to sympathising with him.
Posted ImagePosted Image

acidsnake052992
Member Avatar
The perfect Warrior

It would be great if MGS5 would continue Big Bosses story in Vietnam err something. With a jungle/Asian theme.
Posted Image

Bete la verrga pendejas

Smegger56
Member Avatar
That would be very cool that. Tell another tale of the Patriots using BB for their own gain or something, and causing him more pain, and showing how he became a twisted lost soul. I like that idea, of a seuel to MGS3, prquel to MG lol :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

acidsnake052992
Member Avatar
The perfect Warrior

Smegger56
Jan 11 2006, 05:55 PM
That would be very cool that. Tell another tale of the Patriots using BB for their own gain or something, and causing him more pain, and showing how he became a twisted lost soul. I like that idea, of a seuel to MGS3, prquel to MG lol :D

It would be cool, but it should work its way up from his Nam days up to then.
Posted Image

Bete la verrga pendejas

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin Global Moderator Forum Moderator Member Validating Banned