Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Foxhound symbol; confusing
Topic Started: May 25 2006, 02:48:55 PM (2,664 Views)
thefourthwall
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
In metal gear 2 solid snake, the fox was a cartoonish fox, in Metal gear solid, the fox was the fox with knife in his mouth BUT Meryl had a tatoo of the old symbol. In MGS portable ops, at the end of the trailer on Big Boss's head is the newer foxhound symbol, wth?
Not changing my signature's theme until I get my hands on MGS4!
Posted Image-Made by Boss

GO AHEAD 360 FAN BOYS, WAIT FOR AN INFERIOR PORT WHICH WILL PROBABLY NEVER COME, WHILE I ENJOY MGS4 EARLIER AND HOW IT SHOULD BE.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JuGGaLo-UniT
Member Avatar
WarCrack Addict
The 'new' logo is the Fox unit logo. During MGS:PO theyre disbanded and Double B forms FoxHOUND to hunt them down (as in, you use a hound to track a fox). As far as the MG logo with the flying bullet and the patch logo, theres no telling. It could be just that, ones a logo and ones a patch.
Posted Image

thefourthwall
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
I'm not talking about the FOX logo, I'm talking about the Foxhound logo.

This logo was in metal gear 2 and on meryl's arm in metal gear solid.
Posted Image

Since it was on meryl's arm^^^ and this:
Posted Image
was used in metal gear solid as the foxhound logo, my conlusion was that the one in metal gear solid used as the logo (and not on meryl's arm) was a new logo for foxhound, and the one in metal gear 2 and on meryl's arm was the old logo, but this is where I faced problems because, the new logo for foxhound is on Big boss's hat at the end of the MPO trailer:
Posted Image
That would've been in the 70's while the new logo showed up in the 2000's and thats what confusing me. Why is the new 2000 logo of foxhound on Bog Boss's hat in the 1970's?

GO AHEAD 360 FAN BOYS, WAIT FOR AN INFERIOR PORT WHICH WILL PROBABLY NEVER COME, WHILE I ENJOY MGS4 EARLIER AND HOW IT SHOULD BE.

GrayFox
Member Avatar
Lord of War

I noticed too...I hope they fix it, but I doubt they will...I always loved the old Foxhound emblem...In fact Im getting it as a tattoo...
Posted Image

Hideo Kojima...King!

Alice Cooper...King!

JESUS CHRIST

KING OF KINGS!!!

DISCLAIMER: The preceding post is the opinion of the poster.

Jonathancoconut
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
GrayFox
May 25 2006, 05:41 PM
I noticed too...I hope they fix it, but I doubt they will...I always loved the old Foxhound emblem...In fact Im getting it as a tattoo...

WOW!! i would love it

JOIN

Jonny-O
Member Avatar
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US
Always when i think about getting a tattoo, i always think what would i say to my gran kids.
"nono, you don't understand! Macarena was cool back then!"
God Loves Irony, that's why he created me! ^^
Posted Image

thefourthwall
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
SO you think its an inaccuracy in MPO?

ThomasF
I'm Not Here
Yet another paradox in this "canon" game,I'll spare the others right now.

I don't think it will be fixed honestly,but maybe that was the original symbol
and it changed,then when Big Boss died they went back to it..

Simply put,Im pretty sure they just screwed it up. :angry:

Soriddo Sunēku
Member Avatar
I don't believe in modern love.
Perhaps there might just be more than one logo?

I've seen numerous emblems and logos for various military units in the past.
C'mon guys, it's not like it's a tremendously big deal. It's just a patch.
"Any nation that draws too great a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." - Thucydides

ThomasF
I'm Not Here
Trivial?Yes.

But these things add up and obsessive fans like me don't like it.

Here are some other inacuracies or lazy things on Kojima pro parts..

1:On the concept design case...a line of GRU soldiers are saluting Big Boss?

2:(in the case)Eva and Ocelot are fighting alongside Big Boss wearing
the same clothes,if this is the main game thats ridiculous.

3:Look at some of the enemies in the trailer,they are just models from MGS3
just changed a little bit.

4:You see Big Boss running from soldiers,then sits to talk to Paramedic.
Odd that this is all going down in a room seen in Granins lab.Which was
destroyed 6 years prior.(I really doubt this was a flashback)

5.And of course the Foxhound logo is wrong.

Now my list has suggested 2 things,one is I have no life and the other being
this is the laziest thing to come from Kojima yet.

thefourthwall
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
Actually, the whole eva, gru and ocelot play is probably online, not single player. Also the beggining are just scenes from snake eater, not from the new game.

Doakes
Member Avatar

Yeah, in this game, the guards are wearing those orange jump suits, and some are basic military units. And I doubt Eva, Ocelot and Raikov are in the single player part of the mission. Well, Ocelot maybe, probably in a different uniform though, but not Eva or Raikov. It said Eva wasn't seen since Snake Eater on the timeline, and Raikov is dead.

GrayFox
Member Avatar
Lord of War

Quote:

Always when i think about getting a tattoo, i always think what would i say to my gran kids.
"nono, you don't understand! Macarena was cool back then!"

Id only tattoo something on my body if it was absolutely timeless...Something that I know I will love for the rest of my life, and will never regret...Im pullin down about 10 years as a Metal Gear obsessee, and Ive always loved that logo, so I know I want it...
Posted Image

Hideo Kojima...King!

Alice Cooper...King!

JESUS CHRIST

KING OF KINGS!!!

Cibylgrf
Member Avatar
Jail Guard
maybe the cartoon fox logo is just a tatoo or mock up logo made by a foxhound soldier and the logo where the fox has a knife in its mouth is the official logo.
It doesn't make sense for any military group to have a cartoon-ish logo.
-"See-bull-gerf"
Posted Image

GrayFox
Member Avatar
Lord of War

Not possible...We actually see the cartoonish Foxhound logo in Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake...Thats why when Snake asks about it, Meryl replies, 'Im a fan of Foxhound way back'...

But if they dont fix it, Ive thought of a good fanon explanation...

The original logo was the 'knife in mouth' logo from when Big Boss founded Foxhound, then when Big Boss defected, and Campbell took over, he changed the logo to the cartoonish one (he also disbanded the codename system)...

Then when Liquid took over, he went back to the old logo, in a sortof twisted honor of Big Boss...For the same reason, he also brought back codenames...The codenames werent earned by the Foxhound members in TSoBB, instead they just chose codenames that suited them...
Posted Image

Hideo Kojima...King!

Alice Cooper...King!

JESUS CHRIST

KING OF KINGS!!!

FoxHounder
Member Avatar
Back from the dead ^^
Cibylgrf
May 27 2006, 12:13 PM
maybe the cartoon fox logo is just a tatoo or mock up logo made by a foxhound soldier and the logo where the fox has a knife in its mouth is the official logo.
It doesn't make sense for any military group to have a cartoon-ish logo.

The logo with the fox and the knife is the real or official one if you like.The logo doesn't exists since 2000 or so. It's as old as the first MG game. I have no idea why they used a different logo in MG2.
[ Resident Evil Chat | DC Recruitment ]
Posted Image

misterdonutman
Member Avatar
Jail Guard
I've come up with my own theory. Either they developers were too lazy to switch to the old icon, or Big Boss had that fox with the knife as Foxhounds original symbol, but when Campbell took over Foxhound in 1995, he switched it to the one where the bullet is around the fox. Then when Liquid Snake got control of Foxhound, he switched the symbol back to the original one Big Boss had like how he switched Shadow Moses' name to Outer Heaven.
Posted Image

GrayFox
Member Avatar
Lord of War

WHat the f*ck dude!? I JUST said that!
Posted Image

Hideo Kojima...King!

Alice Cooper...King!

JESUS CHRIST

KING OF KINGS!!!

misterdonutman
Member Avatar
Jail Guard
GrayFox
May 28 2006, 03:39 AM
WHat the f*ck dude!? I JUST said that!

Holy sh*t! I seriously did not see your post, sorry about that.
Posted Image

BatouYukinawa
Jail Guard
OMG guys, you seriously need to get a grip. The foxhound logo just been redone. Kojima is kinda rewriting MG history, which is why he's doing alot of prequel stuff. OK, so the logo isn't consistent. Who freaking cares! OMG, please discuss something that is important rather then some stupid ass badge inconsistency.

I guess while I am at it I should point out to you guys that the AK's in the MGS4 trailer had the sound of a M4A1....OMG!!!! Hurry up, start discussing that horribly atrocity! :rolleyes:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin Global Moderator Forum Moderator Emeritus Member Validating Banned