Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
the "Young Snake"
Topic Started: Sep 22 2006, 08:19:43 AM (10,534 Views)
iAn
Member Avatar
鄭雷
what are your thoughts on this bewildering end for the TGS trailer?

do you actually think its young snake? i think its probably just a new 'mask' thing. like if you beat the game you can play through next time as "young snake"
Posted Image
PMC Arsenal Gear Rifleman
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

FoxHounder
Member Avatar
Back from the dead ^^
But that wouldn't change the main story, Snake would still be old etc.
Maybe Snake can be cured during the game, even though this may sound crazy. But than again why is Naomi down there, it would be enough to reach her by codec...and as we know she's into genes.
[ Resident Evil Chat | DC Recruitment ]
Posted Image

LiSD
Hey. You turned left.
I definately hope that young snake is palyable in the main story, as Foxhounder, said, perhaps he can be cured! As I have no problems with old snake, i think most of us agree, that we would prefer playing as the good old young snake ^_^ .

Adolescent Killer
Member Avatar
Jail Guard
Maybe he ages as you play the game, maybe he gets cured.. but theres also the far more out there theory that it's Big boss... somehow (even with him having both eyes).

Well lets look at the Facts; we have snake visiting what is definetly the boss' grave and saluting it , why would Solid snake do that? He never really had any direct connection with the boss. Then we have the fact that in the new trailer snake is using CQC, something that solid snake had never done before but big boss had.

Posted Image

King Snake
Member Avatar
What you gonna do ?
He hadnt used CQC couse its a new idea from Kojima in MGS3
Waiting for sig :D

Posted Image

Willum
Member Avatar
Jail Guard
I think the most logical explanation would be that you start the game off as "Young Snake", and he gets older as the game progresses.
Posted Image
I'm proud in demonstrating that you can battle against your destiny. - Alessandro Zanardi

FoxHounder
Member Avatar
Back from the dead ^^
It's not sure if it is really the Boss's grave, even if the tombstone has the same shape like her's. It's a soldier graveyard and normally the tombstones have the same shape. So it could be the grave of Gray Fox or god knows how's grave it is. Just wait till the game has been released.
That the old man in the trailer is Big Boss is unlikely, he lost his right eye so how do you want to explain how he got his eye back huh? Maybe snake ages during the game but he surely is old from the beginning, just remember the scene with the blackhawk landing onf the graveyard where Snake meets Otacon and Campbell.
And that it can't be Snake because the man in MGS4 is using CQC is ridiculous, Snake could have learned it much earlier, maybe even from Big Boss or anyone else. The reason why he didn't used it before was just because the team hadn't included it or they first had the idea while they were making MGS3. But that doesn't mean that only Big Boss is allowed to use CQC ;)
Posted Image

Adolescent Killer
Member Avatar
Jail Guard
This is a Kojima game we are talking about, anything is possible.
Posted Image

snake_solid
Member Avatar
Hi-Tech Soldier
Wow. True fact. I have to believe that. I think this old man is someone else. Probably..Another agent?
Posted Image
PSN ID: hasassin47

FoxHounder
Member Avatar
Back from the dead ^^
Yeah but think about Otacon, if the old man would be someone else do you really think he would have a such good relation to that person like he has to Snake?
Sure a lot of Things are possible in the Metal gear world, but do you really think they could give Big Boss so easily his lost eye back? Ocelots hand transplantation is a complete different thing, this has been done in the real world a couple of years ago by a french surgeon team. But that surgeons transplated an eye is a complete different thing and surely impossible at the moment.
Posted Image

Adolescent Killer
Member Avatar
Jail Guard
Has anyone else noticed Old snake is using the same m1911m1 that big boss uses in MGS3?.... Theres a lot of things pointing towards it being big boss, im not saying that it is big boss but I think maybe Kojima is playing with us.
Posted Image

Soriddo Sunēku
Member Avatar
The Man Who Sold The World
Be realistic guys...I mean, really, could you use your heads a bit?

I have no idea what the other factors in this strange revelation are, but none the less. It's not Big Boss, and it's not anyone other than Solid Snake.

If the old man is anyone other than Solid Snake, I'll buy you all a PS3 myself.
Posted Image
"Perpetual peace is only found in a graveyard." -Immanuel Kant

Solid Turd
Member Avatar
Why So Serious?
I think the injections Snake is taking are making him young again temporarily. They must have been given to him by Naomi. This is a theory my freind came up with. As the game progresses you get older but if you use the injections you'll become younger again. But if you stop using them you'll get older again.
Posted Image

''I'm on a f*cking journey,'' ''I'm on a walkabout. A lot of people think ambition or success, and they think dollars.... My success is getting underneath that. At the f*cking end of the day, that's the only thing you're going to carry with you when you die.'' – Heath Ledger 1979-2008

Youtube Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/xjqw
PSN ID: ianpwns
MGO Character Name: SolidTrd

daveyness
Jail Guard
You can't be cured of advanced cellular aging, that's like saying anyone can take a magic pill and be young again, it's cheap and going on kojima's past record it's not something he would do in the story. The Snake in the trailer actually looks younger than the MGS2 Snake (to me at least).

My honest opinion is that Kojima is messing with our heads, like he did at the start of MGS3 with the Raiden mask thing. However, could there be another clone out there? I hope not <_<

gray-fox
Member Avatar
Covert Taskforce Member
Adolescent Killer
Sep 22 2006, 01:40 PM
Has anyone else noticed Old snake is using the same m1911m1 that big boss uses in MGS3?.... Theres a lot of things pointing towards it being big boss, im not saying that it is big boss but I think maybe Kojima is playing with us.

So that makes him Big Boss? Because he uses the same gun?
Theres no way it can be BB. Everything ponits to it being Solid Snake.

In the graveyard, it's clealy Snake, like Foxhounder said, if it was Big Boss, Otacon wouldnt have such good relation to him like he has to Snake. As well as the Colonel, and before you throw MPO at me, he said something like: "Only you can stop him."

Which obivously means Solid Snake can only stop Liquid Snake. The Brother of Light Vs. The Brother of Dark, and all that lol.

With the Young Snake, when the "Some Legends Must Die" came up, that gave me the impression Snakes dead, and this "Young Snake" is the new guy, and he's took Snake gear off him whe he died? Solid Snake clone anyone? :P
Posted Image

solidfox
Member Avatar
You're lying, I've been you
The reply's I've read on this topic make me want to reach through the internet and slap people...

But anyway...Kojima has said the game is in mulitipal areas....we know Snake doesn't have a private jet. So to be in different area's I would assume mean it would take different time periods.

Off the Wall Theory

The part where you see 'young snake' is at the beginning. You play through the game like MGS2 where you start off as Snake. Stuff with Liquid Ocelot happens....and all that. Raiden gets 'killed' in this time frame and Liquid Ocelot gets away.

Then you flash forward to a few years into the future. Snake is old and Saluting Raiden's grave. That's why Campbell and Otacon say, "We found him." Liquid Ocelot had gotten away after killing Raiden and they had been searching for him. This 'war' can't be to huge of a war, if Liquid is leading it and they just happened to stumble upon 'Finding' Liquid Ocelot. So anyway...they take Old Snake out there and Raiden appears and saves Snake. They had taken Raiden and did the thing they did for Gray Fox. That is why Raiden seems to sound like he is talking to Snake for the first time in that 15min trailer. "It's my turn to save you Snake." Or something along those lines.

Posted Image

O Rei do Frango Assado
Since AD 1143
Please, don't start with all those stupid theories about this being Big Boss again. We already had enough of that when the game was first shown.
It is Solid Snake. End of story.

Last night, while I was trying to sleep, I reached the same conclusion iAn did. Quite simply, it's a mask.
Think about it. Many complained about old Snake and Kojima thought "Well, there's no way I'm getting Snake younger, since him being old is an important part of the story, but if people think young Snake looks better, I'll simply give them a mask like that Raiden one in MGS3.".
It's that simple. What at first looks like something completely crazy is all very simple.

To me, it makes much more sense than Snake getting younger as time goes by. That doesn't make any sense and, in my opinion, it'd ruin the story.

By the way, the more I see of MGS4, the more I think that playing as old Snake is not only cool, but in fact it's way cooler than playing as young Snake. Besides, how many games allow you to play as a grandpa (those old kung-fu masters in fighting games don't count)?
Até a barraca abana!
NO RULES, GREAT SCOTCH. - Since AD 1849.
[Insert any quote from Sheriff John Bunnell here]
"Os meus remédios para a constipação são uma bruta foda e umas imperiais." - Fernando das Barbas

daveyness
Jail Guard
solidfox
Sep 22 2006, 02:01 PM

Off the Wall Theory

The part where you see 'young snake' is at the beginning. You play through the game like MGS2 where you start off as Snake. Stuff with Liquid Ocelot happens....and all that. Raiden gets 'killed' in this time frame and Liquid Ocelot gets away.

The part with "young snake" takes place at the same time period as the other clips we have seen, notice he uses octo-camoflague the same as old snake.

solidfox
Member Avatar
You're lying, I've been you
How do you know it takes place at the same time? The camo could have been out years before that and he used it then as well.

Posted Image

daveyness
Jail Guard
MGS2 is set in 2009 and MGS4 is only a few years after, i'm assuming Snake didn't wake up one morning and realise that he was old and had grown a moustache.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin · Global Moderator · Forum Moderator · Member · Validating · Banned