Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
"tactical espionage action"
Topic Started: Mar 31 2007, 08:08:53 PM (1,527 Views)
redfox45
Member Avatar
Basically
at first kojima said that he didnt want snake hiding anywhere and wanted to concentrate more on taking on enemies head on just like in a real war instead on a sneaking mission (if i remember right :unsure: )
and then the octo camo came along and although you are hiding infront of objects you are still hiding from the enemy instead of just taking them on.

MGS4 still says "tactical espionage action" (just look above you) which basicly means hide and seek where you are chasing the enemy, then you are running from them.

Has kojima changed his mind about this whole "take them on" thing or is he just trying to keep that little bit of a mgs feel to it.
And this is the way the saga ends, not with a bang...but a whimper
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tsuchinoko finder
Member Avatar
bringing you tsuchinoko related fatalities since 2006
the whole no where to hid thing actualy refers to the octo cam because theres no where to hide so you baisicly hide yourself i'm sure somone can explain it better than i can at the moment but then again im tired
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image click the egg!

whitetigerx7
Member Avatar
Wouldn't you like to know!
I think it'll be more choice driven.

Remember the game already has several outcomes depending on what you actually do in the game.
Posted Image
Terror's a product you push and I'm a truth addict! Oh shit! I got a head rush! - RATM

Posted Image
Clan Affiliation: Jackal Unit Operations - SARO Squad PMC Tactical Adviser

http://whitetigersroar.blogspot.com/

g-fox
Member Avatar
Bring more souls..
it means that you can't just stay in one place for to long teh envirounmant is always moving,you can knock building down with a.....STINGER!!!!! and they won't go back up,if you hide behind a truck somebody can jack that shit and drive it away and you lose your hiding spot
Posted Image
My Steam

redfox45
Member Avatar
Basically
whitetigerx7
Apr 1 2007, 06:13 AM
I think it'll be more choice driven.

Remember the game already has several outcomes depending on what you actually do in the game.

what like multiple endings?
And this is the way the saga ends, not with a bang...but a whimper

a_shizno
Member Avatar
Plasmid Addict
The game is probably going to play like a more in-depth version of MGS3's gameplay. You can choose to take the enemy head on, or you can hide. The game has some new layers though, you can ally with one of the "countries", but that doesn't mean they will always be your allies. Also, as stated earlier, there is no definete hiding spot. Walls shoot down, cars move, and as shown in TGS 06 trailer enemies find you if they get close enough. Kojima won't go away from hiding, he just gives you other options.

Oh, and it is said to have "multiple outcomes", but that doesn't necessarily mean different endings.
Posted Image
Is a man not entitled to the sweat on his brow? No, says the man in Washington, it belongs to the poor. No says the man in the Vatdican, it belongs to God. No says the man in Moscow, it belongs to everyone.

skywalker
Member Avatar
Light Saber trumps anything

All this may be cool in the game play. But sometimes that ruins games. I can easily see this game being ovedone. I hope not though.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
[Boss Fight Faq][Patriots Recruitment]

KaneKurupt
Member Avatar
Supreme Kane
He means there is no where to hid because every little place you can hide can be moved.

EXAMPLE:
You are getting chased by the enemy so in MGS1, you would normally find a place to hide and adventually the enemy would give up the search.

But in MGS4, you hide under that same truck, while you are still hiding, it might drive away on you. Or if your back is against a barrel, the barrel may be picked up by a crane. Get the idea?
GFREAKS
Posted Image

Posted Image

Johnny-Sasaki
Member Avatar
Dawn Of The John

All these explanations here are pretty valid and make a lot of sense, the only thing I think he honestly meant in my own personal opinion.

"No place to hide" generally refers to was said about the gameplay of live action combat. You're taking the stealth approach in an environment filled with chaos, there's no place to hide meaning that because you're enveloped in absolute anarchy and utter chaos, that even if you manage to find a hiding spot it's not going to be very useful.

For example: If you've ever played Gears Of War, you'll notice how you have to use a lot of hiding techniques in order to trick the enemy in a live action combat situation, while simultaneously sneaking your way towards the opposition like in a real militaristic situation. That's probably one of the things Hideo was trying to implement.
If you still don't understand. He probably wants to make the game more realistic and apply more known militaristic war tactics instead of the constant stealth, give the game some action, spice things up a bit, and excite the player.

You have bullets flyingn all over the place and even if you manage to hide, say a stinger missile comes and hits a couple enemies next to you while you're behind a barrel. Chances are the explosion will effect you too. Or a stray bullet may hit you as you're using crowds to take cover in.

Quote:

The game is probably going to play like a more in-depth version of MGS3's gameplay. You can choose to take the enemy head on, or you can hide. The game has some new layers though, you can ally with one of the "countries", but that doesn't mean they will always be your allies. Also, as stated earlier, there is no definete hiding spot. Walls shoot down, cars move, and as shown in TGS 06 trailer enemies find you if they get close enough. Kojima won't go away from hiding, he just gives you other options.

That part is most likely true too, about the multiple options factor. I mean c'mon, you're out in the middle east and middle eastern cities tend to be massive and have large populations. Your hiding spots will most likely vary and you might even have to be a bit creative in how you go about it.

After all, it's a known fact that Hideo doesn't like to give out all his secrets, otherwise that ruins the entire point of finding out stuff in the game on your own.
Johnny made shit the best thing on earth.
Next time I drop a kiliton of diharea, I'll think of you Johnny. *Salutes.*

Johnny-Sasaki
Member Avatar
Dawn Of The John

---DUPLICATE MESSAGE ERROR---

Johnny made shit the best thing on earth.
Next time I drop a kiliton of diharea, I'll think of you Johnny. *Salutes.*

skywalker
Member Avatar
Light Saber trumps anything

Dude, you have got to quit double posting. I think no where to hide means that it will just be harder to do a stealth mission, or more fights will be gun vs gun, not sneaking like you can agaisn't the ocelot unit in mgs3. In the jungly, you could dissapear pretty much anywhere with the camo, and in this one I think you will just have to rely more on out of the line of sight hiding, (behind barrels, or a corner) than a camo index. I don't think it will be a straight out fight out in the open all the time.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
[Boss Fight Faq][Patriots Recruitment]

Monday
Jail Guard
Solid Snake is an Action Hero played by Canadian voice actor and screenwriter, David Hayter. David Hayter is currently the voice of DC Comics superhuman King Shark, who was featured quite prominently on CW's "The Flash." King Shark has appeared in three episodes, two of which featured David Hayter's voice acting talents.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin Global Moderator Forum Moderator Member Validating Banned