Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
MGS4 General Chat Thread; All 'Minor Queries' belong in here!
Topic Started: Oct 12 2007, 01:31:58 AM (43,064 Views)
Tamashi_7
Member Avatar
Ordo Ab Chao
Welcome to the MGS4 Info Desk. This is the thread to post all your minor queries regarding MGS4 as opposed to starting a completely new topic.

Whilst the game hasn't been released, we've learnt a significant amount from trailers, interviews and other sources. There is also a lot of information overlooked from the other Metal Gear titles that many people are confused or simply don't know about this is the thread to deal with them and have them all cleared up before game release!

So this thread is to just clear up your questions from 'why is Meryl in the game, I thought she died?' to 'why is Solid Snake so old?' all queries that basically have a clear-cut answer will be placed in here.

Please note: All questions that seem to have a more ambiguous and controversial nature will be spilt from this topic so it can be properly discussed just as new topics created for minor queries will be merged into this thread.

All this is in an effort to keep the forum looking tidy as well as more organized. Thank you.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

wertwhile
Heavily-Armed Trooper
Well this isnt exactly about mgs4 but i want this to be cleared before i go into mgs4 why did solidus want revovler ocelot to convince liquid snake into starting the shadow moses foxhound rebellion

Helikaon
Member Avatar
I am the night!
To steal the REX test and production data.
Posted Image
The less people know about the truth, the more they can fantasize.

My blog! Clicky clicky.
PSN ID: doctorstrangesf

wertwhile
Heavily-Armed Trooper
thanks

redfox45
Member Avatar
Basically
Spoiler: (ill play it safe)
Raiden doesnt die in the TGS trailer does he?

I first thought he was just in a bad way after the Vamp fight but a few people seem to think that he dies when he goes all limp.

They wouldnt show us that would they?
And this is the way the saga ends, not with a bang...but a whimper

g-fox
Member Avatar
Bring more souls..
redfox45

Spoiler: (ill play it safe)
Raiden doesnt die in the TGS trailer does he?

I first thought he was just in a bad way after the Vamp fight but a few people seem to think that he dies when he goes all limp.

They wouldnt show us that would they?

i doubt he's gonna die in the trialer,he might just be badly injured
Posted Image
My Steam

L1quidus
Light Infantry
Probably just wounded after fighting Gekkous/Vamp.

Helikaon
Member Avatar
I am the night!
No, they wouldn't reveal the death of a major character in a trailer.
Posted Image

My blog! Clicky clicky.

redfox45
Member Avatar
Basically
Thats what I thought, I hope it will be a continued rivalry throughout the game instead of just the one fight between them.

they seem to be evenly matched...kind of like Snake and Liquid..
And this is the way the saga ends, not with a bang...but a whimper

Doakes
Member Avatar

redfox45
Oct 20 2007, 10:56 PM
Thats what I thought, I hope it will be a continued rivalry throughout the game instead of just the one fight between them.

they seem to be evenly matched...kind of like Snake and Liquid..

I think he MAY die there, or he's dying. Maybe they're rushing Raiden for repairs.
Posted Image

Smoggy
Member Avatar
One of a Kind
Right im new here so no one stress at me!

Ok it's 2 queries:
1. Why has snake only got 1 eye now?
2. Why is Raiden a ninja?

I really do feel like I have missed something! (I think I sleep too much! LOL :P )
Posted Image
The Barking Dog Doesn't Bite

g-fox
Member Avatar
Bring more souls..
Smoggy
Oct 23 2007, 07:51 PM

Ok it's 2 queries:

I really do feel like I have missed something! (I think I sleep too much! LOL :P )

ugh..alright
1-snake has both eyes he has the solid eye system on his eye to have an advantage in the battlefield
2-umm nobody knows EXACTLY why but his head and spine are his only human parts
and yes,you have missed a shit load of stuff,the hel've you been when all the new trailers and gameplay vids came out :blink:
Posted Image
My Steam

Midna
I can break these cuffs
Smoggy
Oct 23 2007, 07:51 PM

Ok it's 2 queries:

1. Solid Snake is using a system caled Solid Eye that helps him see stuff. Im not the biggest MGS buff around here and I ant explain to u why hes wearing it but yeah it confused me the first time i saw it too.

2. It hasnt really been confirmed as to why Raiden is a Ninja but some people have some pretty good theories around here.

EDIT: Ahh dang you beat me fox

Posted Image
Posted Image

Helikaon
Member Avatar
I am the night!
Quote:

He wears a new kind of imaging device created by Otacon, it's called Solid Eye System, it incorporates the Scope, Nightvision and Thermal Goggles from previous games into one device, lessening the load Snake has to carry.

He still has both eyes intact.

Quote:

As others have said.

Quote:

Check here for all the new trailers
Posted Image

My blog! Clicky clicky.

Smoggy
Member Avatar
One of a Kind
Quote:

ugh..alright
1-snake has both eyes he has the solid eye system on his eye to have an advantage in the battlefield
and yes,you have missed a shit load of stuff,the hel've you been when all the new trailers and gameplay vids came out

Thanx dudes! :D

In answer to where I've been, I moved away from home for my uni course and have no PS2 (end of teh world situation!) and only just got my internet sorted it's been f**king me about a bit.
Eventually I'll catch up!
Posted Image
The Barking Dog Doesn't Bite

g-fox
Member Avatar
Bring more souls..
Smoggy
Oct 23 2007, 08:48 PM
Quote:

ugh..alright
and yes,you have missed a shit load of stuff,the hel've you been when all the new trailers and gameplay vids came out

Thanx dudes! :D

In answer to where I've been, I moved away from home for my uni course and have no PS2 (end of teh world situation!) and only just got my internet sorted it's been f**king me about a bit.
Eventually I'll catch up!

damn,sucks for you,anyway i'd reccommend watching everything mgs4 related on gametrailers and checking around for other topics in the mgs4 section to get up to date on all the latest stuff ;)
Posted Image
My Steam

Metalmalitia23
Member Avatar
Heavily-Armed Trooper
Are the Metal Gear Gekkous the mini ones in the trailors that look kind of like REX?

Iv'e seen people mention the Gekkous alot around here and don't know where it came from. Do they mention the name in any of the trialors?
Posted Image

Helikaon
Member Avatar
I am the night!
Yes, the GEKKOU are the small Metal Gear units, for example at the end of the E3 2006 trailer Raiden kills three of them.
Posted Image

My blog! Clicky clicky.

Metalmalitia23
Member Avatar
Heavily-Armed Trooper
Where was the name of them mentiond, did Payton talk about them?
Posted Image

Helikaon
Member Avatar
I am the night!
Kojima named them in the press release @TGS 2005
Posted Image

My blog! Clicky clicky.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin Global Moderator Forum Moderator Member Validating Banned