Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Boxing
Topic Started: Apr 19 2008, 04:34:40 PM (11,787 Views)
Gene
Member Avatar

Is anyone watching the boxing tonight?

Or does anyone do boxing here?
Posted Image
FOXHOUND RECRUITMENT V.4 // FOXHOUND PODCAST #16// FOXHOUND Broadcasting

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PlayaHater
Jail Guard
I have friends who do it.

I love Bernard Hopkins and George Foreman, though (no homo).

Webbie
Member Avatar
THUG ROSE!
Heh, I never even noticed that this topic had been made.

I'm a fan of boxing as a technique, but I'm really not interested in watching the sport itself. I'm an MMA guy. When this topic was made on April 19th (the night of whatever boxing event was taking place) there was a UFC event on in which my favorite fighter won his belt back, so I definitely wasn't watching boxing that night ^_^

There's been talk of Roy Jones Jr. facing the UFC's middleweight champ and arguably the best pound for pound fighter in the world, Anderson Silva, in a pure boxing match. While I'm sure Silva would humiliate Jones Jr. in MMA, and while Silva's striking is indeed outstanding, I really don't believe he's got the boxing skills to defeat Jones in that setting. I'd pay to see it depending on the price; I'd rather not spend $40+ for a single boxing match and a few others that I have no interest in.
[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]

FaizanKauser
Member Avatar
Foxhound Officer
Boxing is cool i go aswell .
PSN - FaizanKauser / MGO - MGS1Snake

Posted Image

Quote:

Gene: xalwaysopenmouthx is a girl!?
*Gene Takes Cloths Off*

[Foxhound Recruitment V2]

Executioner
Member Avatar
Choppin' Headz Boi!!!
Boxing's always been my favorite sport. Watch every fight I can.

I box amateur.

Favorite boxers are Bernard Hopkins and Miguel Cotto
Posted Image

"Then I rose, wiping the blunts ash from my clothes, then froze, only to blow the herb smoke through my nose"

Executioner
Member Avatar
Choppin' Headz Boi!!!
Here is a video of the best fighter alive today, Floyd Mayweather Jr:

He's incredible.
Edited by Executioner, May 30 2008, 09:18:04 PM.
Posted Image

"Then I rose, wiping the blunts ash from my clothes, then froze, only to blow the herb smoke through my nose"

Gene
Member Avatar

Don't double post man.

Floyd is a pretty good boxer. I like Khan.
Posted Image
FOXHOUND RECRUITMENT V.4 // FOXHOUND PODCAST #16// FOXHOUND Broadcasting

Jack Rabbit
Member Avatar
Just an Innocent Wabbit?
I box... I actually have a crappy video of my first boxing match if anyone would like to see it.
PSN: Fananagins | MGO: jackrabbit. | FUTURE MGO CLAN COMING SOON. WANT IN, PM ME!
The Rules|The Rabbit

Posted Image
Hippity Hoppity, Hippity Hoppity,
Jack Rabbit's coming to town.
Rippity Poppity, Rippity Poppity,
He might just mow you down.
Posted Image

Leestephens
Member Avatar
Tengu Commando my arse
Go on then, might as well.

I used to do it when I was in school but couldn't be bothered with it anymore after I left.

It would've been quality to watch Graham Earl KO Amir Khan, but he only lasted a minute!
:patriot:

Executioner
Member Avatar
Choppin' Headz Boi!!!
Go ahead dude.

Khan is still a young prospect. He isn't ready for any of the elite fighters around his weight. He has quick hands though.
Posted Image

Wayno
Member Avatar
I don't even try. Why would I?

Probablky a pointless bump but oh well.

So for some unknown reasons (actually there are reasons, just fucking shitty ones) Audley "A-Force" Harrison gets a title shot at David Haye. Why? Well winning some prizefighter tournament and beating some nomark for a European Belt is the reason why.

I'm not a big boxing fan but do take an interest when something interesting comes about. I genuinely like David Haye, he's a good boxer and isn't a dullard, which tends to help. But Harrison is the biggest joke going and has been living off his olympic gold medal for the best part of a decade.

But Haye shouldn't be fighting shite like Harrison. He should be taking on the Klitchko's etc. With this fight going ahead, World Champion or not, is anyone going to take Haye seriously? He doesn't have that long left at the top of his game and this really is a waste of valuable time.

The Protagonist
Member Avatar
There's two kinds of people in this world, my friend...
Didn't Haye say to Harrison he's ''as one-sided as a gang rape''...?

He may be a boxer, but he clearly didn't use his head properly when he said that...
Posted Image

Tumblr. Check it out and follow.

Spoiler: click to toggle

Executioner
Member Avatar
Choppin' Headz Boi!!!
Anyone a big boxing fan?

What do y'all feel about Mayweather and Pacquiao???
Posted Image

FaizanKauser
Member Avatar
Foxhound Officer
I hope that fight happens :o and i hope paquiao kicks Floyds ass..
PSN - FaizanKauser / MGO - MGS1Snake

Posted Image

Quote:

Gene: xalwaysopenmouthx is a girl!?
*Gene Takes Cloths Off*

[Foxhound Recruitment V2]

Tom Cruise
Member Avatar
Ultimate
BUMP I signed up for a boxing gym and had my first class today

it was awesome and hell at the same time.

So I show up and buy wraps and gloves from them for like 30 bucks (ill take pics later, theyre in my bookbag atm). Then they say jump rope as a warmup.

I havent jumped rope like...EVER in my life. maybe when i was 5?

I looked and felt like a clown doing it. but i got the hang for a bit. Then this short fit and kinda cute brunette leads us through stretches and says grab a kettlebell. I go for the 8lb one but they are all gone so i settle for 20. We go outside and she proceeds to lead us through walking lunges, and every ten seconds we have to stop and do burpies (that shit where you drop stand back up jump)

I do 4-5 of them cake and then on the 5th one when I jump my thighs nearly give. but thats just the first exercise. We do frog jumps and sideways squat walks and holding the kettlebell with our left hand then our right then behind our backs, the whole time stopping every ten seconds for the burpies. This goes on for 100 hours and Im considering quitting, Im never coming back, fuck this what was I thinking signing up for boxing Im a lazy gamer and I should be practicing my fly combos anyway...

we end the warm ups as the teacher calls them and go inside, where I attack the water fountain. I gave that shit the bj of a lifetime. Then we go up stairs (stairs! My thighs wept the whole way). we get upstairs and put our wraps and gloves on. Okay now i can get my Floyd on I think.

Double jabs. fun. for 30 seconds then we stop sit down and do ab exercises. then double jab right body. stop and do leg lifts. left right left right. stop and do pushups. etc etc. My hands were falling to my legs after jabs I felt like i had gone a thousand rounds when it had only been a half hour.

I love it! I will miss tomorrows class due to work but I'm gonna go after work and run on the treadmill then hit the heavy bag.
DEAD CELL 4 LIFE 4 EVER
R.I.P. GARY

Posted Image

Novitch
Member Avatar
Knight
I dont know how legit is that gym of yours but, must guys wont actually start sparring after a few moths of preparation(conditioning/technique)

Im a huge boxing fan and would like to try it out someday(as a hobby)

Beagle
Member Avatar
Better to rule in hell.
Tom Cruise
Oct 2 2013, 06:24:12 AM
BUMP I signed up for a boxing gym and had my first class today

it was awesome and hell at the same time.

So I show up and buy wraps and gloves from them for like 30 bucks (ill take pics later, theyre in my bookbag atm). Then they say jump rope as a warmup.

I havent jumped rope like...EVER in my life. maybe when i was 5?

I looked and felt like a clown doing it. but i got the hang for a bit. Then this short fit and kinda cute brunette leads us through stretches and says grab a kettlebell. I go for the 8lb one but they are all gone so i settle for 20. We go outside and she proceeds to lead us through walking lunges, and every ten seconds we have to stop and do burpies (that shit where you drop stand back up jump)

I do 4-5 of them cake and then on the 5th one when I jump my thighs nearly give. but thats just the first exercise. We do frog jumps and sideways squat walks and holding the kettlebell with our left hand then our right then behind our backs, the whole time stopping every ten seconds for the burpies. This goes on for 100 hours and Im considering quitting, Im never coming back, fuck this what was I thinking signing up for boxing Im a lazy gamer and I should be practicing my fly combos anyway...

we end the warm ups as the teacher calls them and go inside, where I attack the water fountain. I gave that shit the bj of a lifetime. Then we go up stairs (stairs! My thighs wept the whole way). we get upstairs and put our wraps and gloves on. Okay now i can get my Floyd on I think.

Double jabs. fun. for 30 seconds then we stop sit down and do ab exercises. then double jab right body. stop and do leg lifts. left right left right. stop and do pushups. etc etc. My hands were falling to my legs after jabs I felt like i had gone a thousand rounds when it had only been a half hour.

I love it! I will miss tomorrows class due to work but I'm gonna go after work and run on the treadmill then hit the heavy bag.
did anyone teach you how to punch a heavy without breaking a wrist?

i speak from experience. ):

OS.
Member Avatar
MGSF'S DESTINY....IS TO NEVER DESTINY

Tom Cruise
Oct 2 2013, 06:24:12 AM
we end the warm ups as the teacher calls them and go inside, where I attack the water fountain. I gave that shit the bj of a lifetime.
:D

It's an obvious thing to say but the start is the worst, especially if you've not done anything that intensive before. I remember the first time I hit the bag and I felt like a sack of shit after just a few mins.

The most important thing, at first, is to just get comfortable with a routine and get your general exercise level up. I didn't do a class till at least a month or so after I'd started going back to the gym.

Also don't worry about looking like a tit; if you don't look like a massive bellend during warmup, you're not doing it right. Gym's have enough posers and shit as it is.
Posted Image

Posted Image

:gary:
To Gary, RIP friend.

Tom Cruise
Member Avatar
Ultimate
yeah, im loving this so far.

day 2 was alot easier but i didnt do as much tbh. walked on the treadmill for a half hour then a half hour of heavy bag. class is again tomorrow thankfully I have off.

been watching full workouts on youtube as motivation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2_M87Zuuzg

this training has def made me appreciate pro boxers more. floyd looks like hes barely punching but now I know how tiring that shit is
DEAD CELL 4 LIFE 4 EVER
R.I.P. GARY

Posted Image

OS.
Member Avatar
MGSF'S DESTINY....IS TO NEVER DESTINY

You definitely get a greater appreciation for the pro's that can go a full 12 round stretch and still have energy left over.

I went to a live ameteaur night a few months back (pikey's as far as the eye could see) and it's so easy to see the lazy roid fucks that just do it for the pussy. One of the fighter's in particular spent 2 rounds (of the 3 round bought) clinching, boring as fuck to watch.
Posted Image

Posted Image

:gary:
To Gary, RIP friend.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Sports Chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin Global Moderator Forum Moderator Member Validating Banned