Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
MGS Running Order
Topic Started: Aug 6 2009, 01:45:08 AM (1,173 Views)
Ginger_Fuzz
Member Avatar
Jail Guard
Curenntly considering playing all the MGS titles back to back, so i can get a better grasp on the story..

Could anyone possible enlighten me as to what ordedr they run in. Including all the psp titles.... acid and portable ops...

Enlighten?
"Solidus Must Be Hungry"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

sadistic_greyfox
Member Avatar
Midnight Leader

Well if you want to play them in canon order.
Mgs3-MGS:PO-MG-MG2-mgs1-mgs2-mgs4

in order of release
mg-mg2-mgs1-mgs2-mgs3-MGS(po)-mgs4

Acid series is a spin off as well as the Digital Graphic Novel, although the DGN includes quite a fantastic and complex database,
Posted Image
Missing you more with each day, Joe (OS.)

Spoiler: click to toggle

Ginger_Fuzz
Member Avatar
Jail Guard
Cheers i didn think acid was part of it.. That game confuses me man....
"Solidus Must Be Hungry"

jonhou
Member Avatar
Tengu Commando
Ginger_Fuzz
Aug 6 2009, 02:57:10 PM
Cheers i didn think acid was part of it
It isn't...

Psajdak
Light Infantry
In order of release - just because something is prequel doesn't mean it should be experienced first.

Controls and gameplay were evolving with each new title, as well as graphics, and there are some hommages to previous games, that are storywise in future.
Validated after 4 years.

Ef9 o shea
Member Avatar
Hadoken

Hey buddy just a friendly heads up but bumping 8 year old threads is a bit of a no no 😆
Posted Image

Psajdak
Light Infantry
Ah, didn't noticed date.

Thought it was today posted.
Validated after 4 years.

TheGoodGuy
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
Necro Bump Time!?

Quote:

In order of release - just because something is prequel doesn't mean it should be experienced first.

Couldn't agree more, it is a crime to not play by the release order and lose all the evolution of the series and in game jokes.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Metal Gear Solid General · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin Global Moderator Forum Moderator Member Validating Banned