Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
MGS3: Snake Eater FAQ; Possible spoilers
Topic Started: May 18 2008, 07:01:25 PM (4,572 Views)
Soviette
Member Avatar
Death is certain - Life is not

Yeah, you can in 'Snake Eater' (I has Snake Eater). It was a cool minigame.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SuperGeekGirl
Member Avatar
Heavily-Armed Trooper
Figured out on the last playthrough that you can recover life by putting on the moss camo and equipping the torch. Can't believe I didn't think of that sooner...
Posted Image
I has it.
Posted Image
Upcoming Metal Gear cosplays: Dr. Strangelove, The Joy (1945 WWII uniform), EVA (Tatyana outfit)

Solid Snake The Great
Member Avatar
Strike Back
I've played through MGS3 about six times, and I have never played that mini game. I knew about it, but I've never played it. May have to dig out the ol' MGS3 and load it up! ^_^

Posted Image
Posted Image
[Rules] [BBCode Usage Guide]

SuperGeekGirl
Member Avatar
Heavily-Armed Trooper
Solid Snake The Great
Jul 11 2010, 06:25:07 PM
I've played through MGS3 about six times, and I have never played that mini game. I knew about it, but I've never played it. May have to dig out the ol' MGS3 and load it up! ^_^
Found it accidentally the first time. Saved the game and turned it back on the next day only to find that we were fighting vampires in a dream world. I was like, "WTF is this?" and thought it had something to do with the plot.
Posted Image
I has it.
Posted Image
Upcoming Metal Gear cosplays: Dr. Strangelove, The Joy (1945 WWII uniform), EVA (Tatyana outfit)

Jade Wolf
Member Avatar
The local pyromaniac.

I've played the mini-game once, it was fun.
Posted Image

Suck My Solid Snake
Light Infantry
Most of you will know all these but off the top of my head:

Call Sigint after that nightmare mini game for a funny conversation. Call him when you're in a cardboard box too.

Call EVA at The Sorrow battle and make sure you have a Calorie Mate and you will initiate the Calorie Mate conversation with her as long as you have not had it already. This is a bug because during that battle everyone on the codec says "Snake! Snake!....SNAKE!!!" as if it was game over.

Plant TNT in any food store and blow it up to hear soldiers complain about being hungry, also plant TNT in the armoury's and blow it up and the guards in that area will run out of ammo when shooting you, eventually all they'll be able to use is a knife.

Blow up the helicopter at the helipad before the crevice and then when you are at the mountain there will be guards on the flying platforms instead of the helicopter.

Drag an enemy's body into water to drown them.

Tranq enemy guards then drag their bodies into the electric fences to kill them.

Shoot the panel at the end of the electric fences to shut of the electricity.

At the river before the warehouse swing a left into another area to collect a sniper rifle you can use to kill The End easily straight after the cutscene at the warehouse. You will then face 24 Ocelot Unit guards at Sokrovenno instead but it is not mandatory to kill them to proceed.

Press L1 at before shaking the president's hand at the end to see Ocelot at the window.

There are three Snake's you can capture during The Boss'....boss fight at the end, called "Solid" "Liquid" and "Solidus".

Feed The Fear rotten food to kill him faster.

Throw the food Johnny (the guard....guarding your cell when you've been captured at Grozny Grad) back out at him. After doing this several times you will initiate a cutscene with him telling you about his family and then he holds up a photo with the radio frequency to escape the cell on the back of it.

Edited by Suck My Solid Snake, Jul 18 2010, 12:54:22 AM.

My Metal Gear Music Channel.

Posted Image

TwistedSnake
Member Avatar
Soldier without borders.
SuperGeekGirl
Jul 11 2010, 06:37:54 PM
Solid Snake The Great
Jul 11 2010, 06:25:07 PM
Found it accidentally the first time. Saved the game and turned it back on the next day only to find that we were fighting vampires in a dream world. I was like, "WTF is this?" and thought it had something to do with the plot.
I did the same thing, and I hadn't played it sense the day before, and was so into what was going to happen, and then it opened with the vampire hack n slash thing and I thought the same thing. It was pretty funny. Love little moments like that in all the games.
Spoiler: click to toggle

Mr. Foxhound
Member Avatar
BOOM!!!
Wanna try something funny? Throw a Snake to a soldier.

There are several variatons of Codec Conversations dependending on the camouflage you are wearing or the food you posses.

Against Ocelot, shoot the Hornet's nest, and try to stay below the Hornet's nest of your side so he can shoot it. It's actually fun what he says to his soldiers. Also, you can try to wait until the end of the fight, he'll trigger more reloading scenes.

If I remember more things that might slip unseen normally, I'll post them.

Solid Spartan
Member Avatar
FOXHOUND Exclusive

Meryl719
Jun 18 2010, 04:16:10 PM
My favorite easter egg in the game is if you keep the transmitter in, and then meet EVA behind the waterfall. It's really funny what happens. :D
Yeah, that's pretty funny. :D
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
^-It's not just a Resident Evil site. ;)

FOXHOUND Recruitment, V.4
Never forget ~ November 13th, 2005

DRILLB!T
Member Avatar
You Rang?
I loved that conversation between Snake and Paramedic over the Spatsa mushroom which paramedic's guide didn't say thing much about it. And I was quite suprised seeing snake fall asleep after eating the mushroom, then I called paramedic back for her response lol
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

chazman360
Member Avatar
mgsman123
thanks for posting this :thumb2:
Posted Image
"We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing... the only thing I was good at. But... at least I always fought for what I believed in."

Old_Nitemare
Jail Guard
I have a question, when you want to get the green FP or the DPM camo, it says you have to beat the duel modes. Does this mean you have to get #1 on all the battles, or just in de highest 3?

jonhou
Member Avatar
Tengu Commando
Old_Nitemare
Jul 19 2012, 01:19:02 PM
I have a question, when you want to get the green FP or the DPM camo, it says you have to beat the duel modes. Does this mean you have to get #1 on all the battles, or just in de highest 3?
Not to sound like an asshole, but if it says you just have to beat the duel mode isn't it kinda obvious? If not then. it doesn't matter what score you get as long as you beat it.

Gene
Member Avatar
I am the Liquor

There's a duel mode?

Fuck.
Posted Image

FOXHOUND Recruitment V4 // FOXHOUND Podcast #13

Awards

Saladin_
Member Avatar

Gene
Jul 19 2012, 07:50:27 PM
There's a duel mode?

Fuck.
lmao, very well put together faqs
Posted Image

BosaBoss

Saladin_
Mar 8 2013, 09:54:53 PM
Gene
Jul 19 2012, 07:50:27 PM
There's a duel mode?

Fuck.
lmao, very well put together faqs
What are you getting at? :) Play the PS2 version of Snake Eater for Secret Theater and Duel Mode ;)
They left that out of the HD Collection. Guess they didn't want to re-animate everything.
Edited by BosaBoss, Oct 15 2013, 09:38:46 AM.
Don't let it bring you down
It's only castles burning,
Find someone who's turning
And you will come around.

Gray Jackal
Member Avatar
Jail Guard
Thanks very helpful
Posted Image

GreenFox
Jail Guard
EVA142.52
Jul 3 2009, 10:38:22 PM
Niiiice, thanks for the hints.

Ok, i have just switched from easy mode to normal....and wow, The Fear has just been kicking my camouflaged ass!
does anyone have any strategies they'd care to share with me?
ive been using my Mk22 and throwing down spoiled food at him, but i can't seem to defeat him before he
vomits it all up and heals himself.

I beat The Fear last night :D i was excited.
i just threw spoiled food everywhere at the beginning of the fight and kept hitting him with my Tranq gun, i ended up finishing him off with a stun grenade....now i'm having to journey back to finish off The End cause he knocked my ass out and dumped me at Graniny Gorki lab....YAY ME!
he may be "ridiculously old" but he's a tough competitor, or maybe i just suck ass at the boss fights in normal mode.
How to beat The Fear in 20 seconds.

1. Use fake death pill.
2. Wait for The Fear to drop down from the tree and turn his back on you.
3. Use revive pill + throw stun grenade straight away.
4. With The Fear stunned empty a whole AK47 clip into him.
5. The Fear is dead.

Vergil
Member Avatar
Allah Ackbar

So, anybody have any tips on how to non-lethally take out the Ocelot unit on hard?

raf667
Member Avatar
Jail Guard
yo guys im having a hard time with this game, can anyone help me?
you're pretty good

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin Global Moderator Forum Moderator Member Validating Banned