Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Quick questions, comments and complaints
Topic Started: Apr 17 2011, 07:02:59 PM (112,464 Views)
zenmaster
Member Avatar
- Otanashi no Ken -

..goes in here.

Feel free to create a new thread for other issues which require greater attention.
[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

badazzchicken2
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
is it bad not using proper grammer. cause i sometimes do on habit
Edited by badazzchicken2, Jun 20 2011, 11:32:24 AM.
Posted Image Can you fail worse than this lol

Startn to boost, i got fkn good. now im just tryn to enjoy mgo

jonhou
Member Avatar
Tengu Commando
It is easier to take someone serious if they spell and use grammar probably. Also, I find it ironic you say "sometimes"
Edited by jonhou, Jun 20 2011, 03:05:21 PM.

silent snake
Member Avatar
To Be A Rock And Not To Roll

Who Cares?
Although SP3LliNg lYke Dis N!Gga Is just plain retarded and you see it everywhere.
Posted Image

Big Brother
Member Avatar
Under Neon Lonliness
badazzchicken2
Jun 20 2011, 11:32:09 AM
is it bad not using proper grammer. cause i sometimes do on habit
Might also help to use, y'know, proper sentences that make sense? And proper punctuation.

Although I will admit I have a massive tendency to use "..." ...
Posted Image

Granin: "Do you know what's 1,000,000x more pathetic than this thread?

You."

Dirty Duck : "You know the best way to prevent hangovers? Nanomachines"
"I wonder when rain will finish babysitting and join a real org"

metalgearhelp
Member Avatar
Mr. Helpfulness
Yea, I do that all the time, too...

Delta9
Jail Guard
Hello, I'm new to the forum. I wanted to introduce myself but it didn't let me start a new topic.
I didn't want to be rude but hello everyone, glad to be with people i can really relate to.
Long Live Solid Snake!
Posted Image

Antii
Member Avatar
Nerf herder.
Is there a reason why my genome soldier avatar has been replaced with the avatar I replaced it with in the first place? Does it have something to do with me changing the theme of the message board? Or because it was a screenshot from the MGS game and I don't own the rights to use it?

NateDog
Member Avatar
We have arrived.
That tends to happen to me sometimes when I want to change avatar. Sometimes just clicking "Remove" first so it leaves you with no avatar and then using the one you want works, not entirely sure why it happens though. I think it is to do with the size of the avatar (since this forum automatically resizes avatars as opposed to instantly rejecting avatars over a certain size).
Watch this space.

Antii
Member Avatar
Nerf herder.
So the avatar changed back to the correct one by itself which is nice. But I'm here with another question. I've been reading through a lot of the topics that haven't been active in months or even years. What's the policy here, can you comment on threads no matter how long they've been inactive or are those better be left alone? There are different policies regarding this on different boards so I wanted to ask before perhaps resuscitating one or two.

G.J.V.
Member Avatar
DC For Life

AntiSnake
Dec 18 2011, 03:45:56 PM
But I'm here with another question. I've been reading through a lot of the topics that haven't been active in months or even years. What's the policy here, can you comment on threads no matter how long they've been inactive or are those better be left alone? There are different policies regarding this on different boards so I wanted to ask before perhaps resuscitating one or two.
The official stance is that you can do it, provided that what you post attempts to revitalise discussion.

It's a pretty fine line, tbh. Your post has to be worthwhile, not just an offhand comment or response to something someone else said.

Posted Image

GARY TOWN IS FOREVER!

PSN & XBL Gamercard

jonhou
Member Avatar
Tengu Commando
I have a question: How do I use a gif as my avatar?

Roy
Member Avatar
I wont deny that I am a bad boy =)
Just use the gif as the source when you select your avatar - the exact same way as you use a static image.
[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image
#JoinDeadCell
Click the above image for the Dead Cell Recruitment Thread[rotate]Posted Image
#JoinDeadCell[rotate]

jonhou
Member Avatar
Tengu Commando
Can't get it to work. All I see is a red X.

NateDog
Member Avatar
We have arrived.
Maybe it is too big? Since the site usually resizes most avatars (that are of static images) maybe it just doesn't show up because it can't resize GIFs.
Watch this space.

Roger
Member Avatar
?
Why was the shoutbox taken off?
[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]
micster
Dec 4 2013, 06:26:42 PM
ROGER? OOHHHHH SHEETTTTTTTTTTTTTT

jonhou
Member Avatar
Tengu Commando
Are you just noticing that it is gone now? It has been gone for like a year....
Anyway, I think it was explained here: http://mgsforums.com/topic/7455986/1/

OzwaldTheCrab
Member Avatar
From the Spliff that I lift and inhale...
Well I can't use the Org chat, I'm not in an organization.

Yet.....
"...It Ain't Hard To Tell..."
Posted Image

Roger
Member Avatar
?
jonhou
Dec 21 2011, 05:46:48 PM
Are you just noticing that it is gone now? It has been gone for like a year....
Anyway, I think it was explained here: http://mgsforums.com/topic/7455986/1/
Thats right... It was causing a lack of inactivity... However with this new activity with the new members, I think a shoutbox is a marvelous idea now.

Also, is anyone else being redirected to an other site, or to a page full of advertisements? Because It's been happening a lot to me lately.
[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]
micster
Dec 4 2013, 06:26:42 PM
ROGER? OOHHHHH SHEETTTTTTTTTTTTTT

jonhou
Member Avatar
Tengu Commando
Roger
Dec 25 2011, 06:22:41 PM
Also, is anyone else being redirected to an other site, or to a page full of advertisements? Because It's been happening a lot to me lately.
I am. But that isn't just from MGSF. It is everywhere, even when seaching on google.... it is so annoying!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Help Desk · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin Global Moderator Forum Moderator Member Validating Banned