Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Truth Behind Rising; A 25 minute interview featuring KP and Platinum staff
Topic Started: Dec 14 2011, 02:42:30 AM (2,932 Views)
Gouda Jouji
Light Infantry
I thought this video deserves it's own thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gV1BMUg4NsA

It's a well made, kind of mini documentary about the troubled development of Rising. The go into a lot of detail about why the first Rising failed. There's also some new gameplay footage.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

g-fox
Member Avatar
Bring more souls..

nice man
watching it right now :)
Posted Image
My Steam

Solidraiden1
Light Infantry
Holy fucknuggets, so were missing a MGS game where were playing as one of the most fascinating characters in the MGS lore AND missing one of the most fascinating character arcs of the MGS lore? DEAR GOD I CANT TAKE THIS.
Posted Image

nitta7
Jail Guard
I'm less-disappointed now. I just can't believe that KP couldn't do it on their own o_o

g-fox
Member Avatar
Bring more souls..

nitta7
Dec 14 2011, 03:44:39 AM
I'm less-disappointed now. I just can't believe that KP couldn't do it on their own o_o
im sure they could pull it off they just couldnt settle down with one thing at a time and went in every direction at once and didnt focus on one thing at a time and didnt know how to go about it as they went through the process in the wrong order of making the game in a way :p

however i noticed that in some of the gameplay parts it seems it may still be possible to cut (almost) anything, not as much as it was intended in the 2010 trailer showcased but the game does slow down at different times and there is some type of ring on the screen and raiden cuts in any and all directions, im not sure if we can chose directions or just press a button and he slices away like theres no tomorrow :p

watching this video gave me alittle more hope in this game and it could be fun and not all action, action, action, over the top action, and more action..

it also seems somewhat free roam/sandbox alittle? at least im assuming that from some of the areas shown, running on walls is always cool and could be used to avoid enemys(unless it mandatory to murder everything..)

also when they slow down the gameplay abit and show some fighting scenes with raiden up against the white outfit guys, the combat looks alittle more promising then it was shown in the trailers just mashing buttons and slicing away and doing like no damage. i also saw blood splatters or some kind of splatters from the cyborg guys

im kinda interesting in seeing some more gameplay actually

hopefully the next trailer slows the pace down alittle and show important and more story related stuff things not just "cut cut cut cut slash hack run at lightning speed and throw a FREAKEN METAL GEAR!!!!! 80 feet into the air and cut it into 80 gajillion pieces -__-"
Posted Image
My Steam

Thunderbolt
Member Avatar
落雷
So scripted. :hmm:

nitta7

Same here. They're just letting so much of this super-action styled crap from the other company into the game, it makes it look horrendous. Kojima Productions needs to crowbar some stealth elements into the gameplay, and steer it back to a ninja-style action-based game, and away from this overly-flashy super-samurai garbage that's already plaguing the series' somewhat tarnished name.

Continued Rant (Obviously Not Very Unique)
Posted Image

Sign My Petition for more Gray Fox and Solid Snake figures already, GEEZ!

Tollhouse
Member Avatar
How TROUBLESOME!

that was a very good interview. it was interesting to see more of the gameplay too like when raiden was running on that wall. very interesting
[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]
Posted Image
Posted Image

Archer
Member Avatar
#GDWT

Yoji Skinkawa doesnt look impressed at all.
CUNT

Galactus123
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
Interesting documentary. I liked that gameplay part where Raiden was running on the wall. I hope the player could go to roof of the buldings to hide and attack from there. Some free roam elements could be fun.
Edited by Galactus123, Dec 14 2011, 08:54:28 AM.

Solid Chrome
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
Kojima's first idea was to make a game with The Boss and The Cobras invading Normandy?... Well I'm sure that is high up on the list of what MGS 5 could be

NateDog
Member Avatar
Bang Bang
http://gamingeverything.com/12948/new-metal-gear-rising-revengeance-gameplay-footage/

Some of the main gameplay parts that people don't want to spend ages looking for. Wall running doesn't look that great to me, same as Ninja Blade or even DCU Online, although I wonder if he could actually go to the roofs.
Posted Image
Gene

Agent

Cakes go hard. Jaffa cakes go hard. I go hard. Therefore jaffa cakes are cakes.
Are you a cake?

Tollhouse
Member Avatar
How TROUBLESOME!

Solid Chrome
Dec 14 2011, 10:38:16 AM
Kojima's first idea was to make a game with The Boss and The Cobras invading Normandy?... Well I'm sure that is high up on the list of what MGS 5 could be
I was excited to hear that part. although he again never mentioned anything about the mg remakes... which should be on the very top of the list.
[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]
Posted Image
Posted Image

Flying Spaghetti Monster
Member Avatar

Sargent Tollhouse
Dec 14 2011, 04:54:19 PM
Solid Chrome
I was excited to hear that part. although he again never mentioned anything about the mg remakes... which should be on the very top of the list.
Normany is a stupid idea
Posted Image

Mantequilla
Member Avatar
Motorcity Cobra

The Boss idea could be pretty cool.

I don't MGS5 to be about that though.
Posted Image

nitta7
Jail Guard
When Raiden cut the box that the soldier was hiding in there was an alert sound.
Doesn't that mean that enemies aren't supposed to know your place until you approach them ?
I think little elements of stealth gameplay may be there.

rayofdoom
Member Avatar
Feel Me Deep!
Sargent Tollhouse
Solid Chrome
if thet were to do remakes i dont think they would slap the 5 on it, if thats what you were getting at. but i do agree that they need to do remakes of MG1 and 2 since demand for that was highest on that pole they put up last year. but since when do they ever listen to fans? (he did say that he didnt have the time or resources to do it but was willing to outsource to other studios a few months back)

the Boss thing isnt news he mentioned that sometime last year when talking about peacewalker. imo i think its a great idea and probably the only way you can continue creating proper MGS games within the proper time line is to go back in time with other characters as they originally planned with Rising.

i think the next one will probably be the Boss story or another Bigboss game in the 80s as theres still alot they can do there.

Posted Image
You Want To Solid My Snake?
PSN: rayofdoom
MGO: Solid gear Ray
Check out this: Metal Gear REX Custom Actoin Figure
And this: Naked Snake Custom Action Figure

Solid Chrome
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
Sargent Tollhouse
although he again never mentioned anything about the mg remakes... which should be on the very top of the list.
I know :(

TwistedSnake
Member Avatar
Soldier without borders.
I really hope that if MGS5 is made, that Kojima makes it the game with The Boss and the Cobras. That backstory in Peace Walker was heartbreakingly beautiful.

Yeah, Yoji looks very upset with all of this. Can't say I blame them. Platinum Games brings a completely different style to Metal Gear. A style that I'm not a fan of in regards to making a Metal Gear game.

This documentary (despite weird montages of Japan city life) was very interesting. Really does shed some light on everything. I just don't like the direction in which it was going. I wish there had been a director that was in charge of Rising because I think the original concept was really, really good. Too bad that they couldn't push forward and make something special. Despite the fact that I bitched and moaned about Rising before, I thought the concept was good, I just didn't like the way it looked. Now I really hate the way it looks. Mostly just the characters, Raiden has officially been F'd in the A.

He is no longer the same character as he used to be in 2 and 4. His transition into the way he behaved in 4 makes total sense. This on the other hand, makes zero sense. I already posted about it, not going to retread water here.

Eh....
Spoiler: click to toggle

BigSexy856
Member Avatar
As They Burn....Add More Gasoline. :)
I rather have this Rising Spin-off then ever have a MGS game based on The Boss and the Cobras..... If this happens then I will........... :suicide: myself!
Edited by BigSexy856, Dec 14 2011, 11:13:40 PM.

Solid Chrome
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
A game with The Boss would be a cool PSVita game but not a full blown home console game.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin Global Moderator Forum Moderator Member Validating Banned