Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Kojima teases his new Fox Engine project; first screenshot
Topic Started: Dec 16 2011, 10:37:37 AM (5,840 Views)
Solidraiden1
Light Infantry
Kojima has released the first screenshot of his new Fox Engine project, is this cleverly timed to sooth as after many felt disappointed with the rereveal of Rising or what?

http://twitter.com/#!/Kojima_Hideo/status/147594757726683136/photo/1

Well lets have it.

So after the comments from you guys this has the be a Vita title, hopefully the PS3 counterpart will look better. Still intriguing.
Edited by Solidraiden1, Dec 16 2011, 06:24:24 PM.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Gun Animal
Member Avatar
Shitposting Extraordinaire
Arid desert region: Either middle-east or africa.

The tank: Looks like an M1 Abrams Designed in the late 70's (hence it's appearance in Peace Walker) and has been in use since the early eighties.

The man: Long, light brown hair---A pony-tail at first sight, but upon closer inspection appears to be a mullet. Based on the tank, he's too young-looking to be Big Boss as his hair would already be beginning to gray by that point, making him either Solid Snake or Liquid Snake before his skin and hair were bleached somehow.

The gun: AK47, nothing can be gathered from this.

The uniform: Drab green fatigues as opposed to a sneaking suit.

The architecture: Could be African or Middle-Eastern, difficult to tell.

Graphics: Everything about this game looks like it's been optimized to run on the Vita.

Based on all of this information I can conclude that this is either an HD remake of the original Metal Gear or possibly the oft suggested Metal Gear Liquid---set during the gulf-war---likely being made to use the "transfarring" system. This is the best news I have heard all year.

EDIT: for the sake of further inspection, here is a direct link to the full-resolution picture: https://p.twimg.com/AgxcpnFCQAAEjlK.jpg:large
Edited by Gun Animal, Dec 16 2011, 12:15:57 PM.
Posted Image
My TUMBLR

jonhou
Member Avatar
Tengu Commando
Solidraiden1
Dec 16 2011, 10:37:37 AM
Kojima has released the first screenshot of his new Project Ogre, is this cleverly timed to sooth as after many felt disappointed with the rereveal of Rising or what?

http://twitter.com/#!/Kojima_Hideo/status/147594757726683136/photo/1

Well lets have it.
How do you know it is MGS related?

Weedle_McHairybug
Hi-Tech Soldier
Gun Animal
Dec 16 2011, 12:13:35 PM
Arid desert region: Either middle-east or africa.

The tank: Looks like an M1 Abrams Designed in the late 70's (hence it's appearance in Peace Walker) and has been in use since the early eighties.

The man: Long, light brown hair---A pony-tail at first sight, but upon closer inspection appears to be a mullet. Based on the tank, he's too young-looking to be Big Boss as his hair would already be beginning to gray by that point, making him either Solid Snake or Liquid Snake before his skin and hair were bleached somehow.

The gun: AK47, nothing can be gathered from this.

The uniform: Drab green fatigues as opposed to a sneaking suit.

The architecture: Could be African or Middle-Eastern, difficult to tell.

Graphics: Everything about this game looks like it's been optimized to run on the Vita.

Based on all of this information I can conclude that this is either an HD remake of the original Metal Gear or possibly the oft suggested Metal Gear Liquid---set during the gulf-war---likely being made to use the "transfarring" system. This is the best news I have heard all year.

EDIT: for the sake of further inspection, here is a direct link to the full-resolution picture: https://p.twimg.com/AgxcpnFCQAAEjlK.jpg:large
Wait, when did the M1 Abrams appear in Peace Walker? The only tanks I recall appearing in Peace Walker are the T-72 U, the T-72 A, the KPz70, and the MBTK70.

NateDog
Member Avatar
Bang Bang

Graphics are pretty bad so is most likely a Vita title, probably Peace Walker 2.
Posted Image
Gene

Agent

Cakes go hard. Jaffa cakes go hard. I go hard. Therefore jaffa cakes are cakes.
Are you a cake?

BigSexy856
Member Avatar
As They Burn....Add More Gasoline. :)
Snake with a ponytail, I can't recall him having one before "maybe", I doubt it's Liquid.. and before someone posts a theory it's Gray Fox... Let me say "Fox" had either White or Blonde hair.... That hair seems a very light Brown color.

I'm down for a MG Remake! Do it! Either it's 3 things: MG/MG2 Remake, Pw2, or a new game not based on MGS

Solidraiden1
Light Infantry
Its really to early to tell who it is, but Kojima posting a sneaking picture like this screams another MGS for Vita.
Posted Image

rayofdoom
Member Avatar
Feel Me Deep!
i dont think its a metal gear game at all. its probably his "original" game that hes been talking about forever.
and thats not an M1 tank. i dont remember the M1 ever having wheels!

btw the vita is as nearly as powerful as the ps3 so i wouldnt snub or dismiss any games developed for it as a shitty portable title.
Edited by rayofdoom, Dec 16 2011, 03:15:34 PM.

Posted Image
You Want To Solid My Snake?
PSN: rayofdoom
MGO: Solid gear Ray
Check out this: Metal Gear REX Custom Actoin Figure
And this: Naked Snake Custom Action Figure

NateDog
Member Avatar
Bang Bang

Yeah but look at that tank it looks horrible, there's almost no way that can be X360 or PS3. (OK it could just be early in development but still I don't see why he'd want to show that off like that.)
Posted Image
Gene

Agent

Cakes go hard. Jaffa cakes go hard. I go hard. Therefore jaffa cakes are cakes.
Are you a cake?

rayofdoom
Member Avatar
Feel Me Deep!
i guess hes desperate because of the rising feedback!
if look at the truck in mgs4 trailer, they had square wheels

Posted Image

Solidraiden1
Light Infantry
rayofdoom
Dec 16 2011, 03:12:45 PM
i dont think its a metal gear game at all. its probably his "original" game that hes been talking about forever.

btw the vita is as nearly as powerful as the ps3 so i wouldnt snub or dismiss any games developed for it as a shitty portable title.
This is definitely not his new original game, he is very adamant on it being something different then what he has done before with MGS. Therefore he would never unveil the first screenshot as a stealth looking game. This would inevitably conjure up an association with MGS. This would be the last thing Kojima wants with the reveal if it was his original project.

Far more likely is that he is teasing a new MGS title because of all the backlash from the core fans over the new direction Rising has taken.
Posted Image

Solid Chrome
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
If it is a MGS game I wonder why he is calling it his "Ogre Project" ? I really hope thats not Snake with a pony-tail.

EDIT: Actually I just checked out his twitter and his tweet said "New title" run by "Fox Engine". It didn't say Project Ogre or MGS so you should probably change the title so it's not misleading.
Edited by Solid Chrome, Dec 16 2011, 04:58:29 PM.

Solidraiden1
Light Infantry
Solid Chrome
Dec 16 2011, 04:46:18 PM
If it is a MGS game I wonder why he is calling it his "Ogre Project" ? I really hope thats not Snake with a pony-tail.

EDIT: Actually I just checked out his twitter and his tweet said "New title" run by "Fox Engine". It didn't say Project Ogre or MGS so you should probably change the title so it's not misleading.
Yes you are correct dear sir.
Posted Image

Tollhouse
Member Avatar
Okie Dokie Lokie!

maybe it is an mgs game but a whole new cannon or I'm just dreaming :wub:
[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image
[rotate]
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

jonhou
Member Avatar
Tengu Commando
Solidraiden1
Dec 16 2011, 06:19:34 PM
Solid Chrome
Dec 16 2011, 04:46:18 PM

Yes you are correct dear sir.
And get someone to move it to the right section...

rayofdoom
Member Avatar
Feel Me Deep!
Solidraiden1
Dec 16 2011, 04:37:53 PM
rayofdoom

This is definitely not his new original game, he is very adamant on it being something different then what he has done before with MGS. Therefore he would never unveil the first screenshot as a stealth looking game. This would inevitably conjure up an association with MGS. This would be the last thing Kojima wants with the reveal if it was his original project.

Far more likely is that he is teasing a new MGS title because of all the backlash from the core fans over the new direction Rising has taken.
you do have point there.

my first thought was MG remake but i dont want to get my hopes up and get crushed by a shitty announcement again and again. but the thought of Snake with a pony tail is intriguing. it must be a snake if it is an MGS game, i cant see a game without a snake or raiden as a main character.

Posted Image

Antii
Nerf herder.
I think the best way to tease people is with these kinds of little snippets that don't tell much. Casual gamers will discard them but fans will get stuff going from something even that small. That's why I think the Alien TV spot from 79 with nothing but the eerie music, the egg and tagline "in space no one can hear your scream" is among the coolest out there.

I really hope Project Ogre (if this is that or not, we don't know) will be released on PS3 (or NES, hah) because I want to have the possibility to play it without having to buy a new console like Vita or something. The pic does look a bit like it's not from a PS3 game but time will tell. I'm still waiting for Policenauts to be released in Europe.
Edited by Antii, Dec 16 2011, 08:03:39 PM.

Solidraiden1
Light Infantry
rayofdoom
Dec 16 2011, 07:51:19 PM
Solidraiden1
rayofdoom

you do have point there.

my first thought was MG remake but i dont want to get my hopes up and get crushed by a shitty announcement again and again. but the thought of Snake with a pony tail is intriguing. it must be a snake if it is an MGS game, i cant see a game without a snake or raiden as a main character.
MG remake were my thoughts to, the setting and all, but whats up with the ponytail? Do we know any character in the MGS lore with a ponytail?
Posted Image

Weedle_McHairybug
Hi-Tech Soldier
Solidraiden1
Dec 16 2011, 08:32:07 PM
rayofdoom
Dec 16 2011, 07:51:19 PM
Solidraiden1
rayofdoom

you do have point there.

MG remake were my thoughts to, the setting and all, but whats up with the ponytail? Do we know any character in the MGS lore with a ponytail?
Holly White, Chris Jenner, and Revolver Ocelot when not possessed by Liquid in Metal Gear Solid 2. Oh, and Liquid when posing as Master Miller (and possibly even Master Miller himself, is his MGS concept art is anything to go by).

Antii
Nerf herder.
In MGS3 we had Solid Snake's menthor The Boss. Maybe this game has Solid Snake's menthor Master Miller as it's lead character. Just a wild thought.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Metal Gear General · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin Global Moderator Forum Moderator Member Validating Banned