Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Kojima teases his new Fox Engine project; first screenshot
Topic Started: Dec 16 2011, 10:37:37 AM (5,581 Views)
Solidraiden1
Light Infantry
AntiSnake
Dec 16 2011, 08:40:57 PM
In MGS3 we had Solid Snake's menthor The Boss. Maybe this game has Solid Snake's menthor Master Miller as it's lead character. Just a wild thought.
Allright, humiliating not knowing that :P.

Interesting characters, we don't know anything about Master Miller his missions do we?

Liquid's hair is much whiter, this looks way to brown.

It can't be the Boss, the brown hair again.

Argggh agonizing! I want to know more about this!
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

rayofdoom
Member Avatar
Feel Me Deep!
Weedle_McHairybug
Dec 16 2011, 08:35:12 PM
Solidraiden1
Dec 16 2011, 08:32:07 PM
rayofdoom
Dec 16 2011, 07:51:19 PM
Solidraiden1
Dec 16 2011, 04:37:53 PM
rayofdoom
Dec 16 2011, 03:12:45 PM
i dont think its a metal gear game at all. its probably his "original" game that hes been talking about forever.
and thats not an M1 tank. i dont remember the M1 ever having wheels!

btw the vita is as nearly as powerful as the ps3 so i wouldnt snub or dismiss any games developed for it as a shitty portable title.
This is definitely not his new original game, he is very adamant on it being something different then what he has done before with MGS. Therefore he would never unveil the first screenshot as a stealth looking game. This would inevitably conjure up an association with MGS. This would be the last thing Kojima wants with the reveal if it was his original project.

Far more likely is that he is teasing a new MGS title because of all the backlash from the core fans over the new direction Rising has taken.
you do have point there.

my first thought was MG remake but i dont want to get my hopes up and get crushed by a shitty announcement again and again. but the thought of Snake with a pony tail is intriguing. it must be a snake if it is an MGS game, i cant see a game without a snake or raiden as a main character.
MG remake were my thoughts to, the setting and all, but whats up with the ponytail? Do we know any character in the MGS lore with a ponytail?
Holly White, Chris Jenner, and Revolver Ocelot when not possessed by Liquid in Metal Gear Solid 2. Oh, and Liquid when posing as Master Miller (and possibly even Master Miller himself, is his MGS concept art is anything to go by).
you and i also forgot the boss. but that does not look like a woman. and the hair is brown so blonds and (white haired?) are ruled out here unless kojima decides to change hair colours again and cause endless amounts of confusion. and characters previously having ponytails means nothing here.

Posted Image
You Want To Solid My Snake?
PSN: rayofdoom
MGO: Solid gear Ray
Check out this: Metal Gear REX Custom Actoin Figure
And this: Naked Snake Custom Action Figure

Gouda Jouji
Light Infantry
The reason it looks bad is because it's a prototype. He said so himself in the tweet. Maybe he should of had the screen say "work in progress" so people didn't get confused.

Also, I'd say this is Project Ogre. Remember what he said about it OPM UK?

Quote:

"I can't really say too much about that project yet, but it's a very subdued experience. It's a little bit different to what I've done up until now. On the surface it will look similar, but once you get into it, it will be a different experience."

Doakes
Member Avatar

Quote:

That's clearly Naked Snake. He's sporting Snake's suit, and has the same shoulder pads as the PW Snake, and doesn't sport a bandana anymore after what happened in PW. So either it's just a tech demo or PW2.

Remember, to avoid leaks, they go by fake names. GTAV went by "Rush." GTAIV went by "Frost," etc. Developers do all sorts of weird things to keep from leaking.
Edited by Doakes, Dec 16 2011, 09:00:34 PM.

Solidraiden1
Light Infantry
Gouda Jouji
Dec 16 2011, 08:55:52 PM
The reason it looks bad is because it's a prototype. He said so himself in the tweet. Maybe he should of had the screen say "work in progress" so people didn't get confused.

Quote:

"I can't really say too much about that project yet, but it's a very subdued experience. It's a little bit different to what I've done up until now. On the surface it will look similar, but once you get into it, it will be a different experience."
Im just not gonna accept that this is Project Ogre, for the reasons I have mentioned before and because it would simply look so much better than this.

Case in point:
That looks almost lifelike, not at all like the screen he grabbed from the guy sneaking.
http://twitter.com/#!/Kojima_Hideo/status/147589245815631872/photo/1

Furthermore, these images where shown almost half a year ago and the difference in graphical fidelity is staggering.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think the tech demo he showed is his Project Ogre. This new screenshot? Most definitely an other project.

Posted Image

Antii
Nerf herder.
@Gouda Jouji - Thanks for reminding me with that quote from Kojima. You have a good point.

@doakes - Yeah and Return of the Jedi was sent to threaters labeled "Blue Harvest". That picture really confuses me though. If it was actually a new MGS game then calling it "Project Ogre" would be at the same time ingenious and pointless. And him saying that outside it's looks like another MGS game but it's really very different is confusing too if it IS a MGS game. What I know is certain is that at the moment I'm a lot more interested in this so called Project Ogre based on that one picture than Rising based on a trailer. Maybe the bubble will burst when we get actual game footage but so far I'm fascinated by this.
Edited by Antii, Dec 16 2011, 09:08:26 PM.

Weedle_McHairybug
Hi-Tech Soldier
Doakes
Dec 16 2011, 08:59:37 PM
Quote:

That's clearly Naked Snake. He's sporting Snake's suit, and has the same shoulder pads as the PW Snake, and doesn't sport a bandana anymore after what happened in PW. So either it's just a tech demo or PW2.

Remember, to avoid leaks, they go by fake names. GTAV went by "Rush." GTAIV went by "Frost," etc. Developers do all sorts of weird things to keep from leaking.
Actually, Snake did retain the bandana in the end of Peace Walker, or did you not notice Snake wearing it throughout Chapter 5 even in the graphic novel cutscenes of that Chapter?

Solidraiden1
Light Infantry
Weedle_McHairybug
Dec 16 2011, 09:12:01 PM
Doakes
Quote:

Actually, Snake did retain the bandana in the end of Peace Walker, or did you not notice Snake wearing it throughout Chapter 5 even in the graphic novel cutscenes of that Chapter?
+ it would make no sense for him to lose his bandanna AND grow a ponytail when you already have the most awesome mullet.
Posted Image

Doakes
Member Avatar

Weedle_McHairybug
Doakes
Quote:

He tossed it after the PW fight. That he had it on in the Epilogue, I assume just came from the laziness of not wanting to give us a model of Snake without a bandana.

Weedle_McHairybug
Hi-Tech Soldier
Doakes
Dec 16 2011, 09:16:19 PM
Weedle_McHairybug
Doakes
Quote:

He tossed it after the PW fight. That he had it on in the Epilogue, I assume just came from the laziness of not wanting to give us a model of Snake without a bandana.
If it was the CGI model, sure, but there's a big difference between not altering a CGI model and... well, actually drawing a new set of graphic novel cutscenes (of which did contain the bandana and that there were at least some new animation for the cutscenes where they certainly would have removed the bandana).

Doakes
Member Avatar

Still, we know eventually he bids adieu to the bandana and starts going by Big Boss. Attire wise, he looks virtually identical to PW Snake. The MSF shoulder pads, his fatigues, the brown hair, only differences I see now is his pants tucked into his boots and his lack of an under-suit.

Gouda Jouji
Light Infantry
Solidraiden1
Dec 16 2011, 09:06:32 PM
Gouda Jouji

Quote:

Im just not gonna accept that this is Project Ogre, for the reasons I have mentioned before and because it would simply look so much better than this.

Case in point:
That looks almost lifelike, not at all like the screen he grabbed from the guy sneaking.

Furthermore, these images where shown almost half a year ago and the difference in graphical fidelity is staggering.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think the tech demo he showed is his Project Ogre. This new screenshot? Most definitely an other project.

This is a prototype, dude. It's not meant to look great. Kojima was doing a presentation to international Konami staff yesterday to show what he's been up to, he probably threw this prototype together to give the audience an idea about what the game is about. What we saw in that picture was probably never meant to be seen by people outside of Konami but Kojima decided to give people a little tease.

Those pics from E3 of the FOX Engine you posted were made for everyone to see. They were polished up and probably worked on for weeks prior to show how good the engine can look. Kojima said in that video he did back then that it wasn't from any game, either. It's different from an internal prototype, which is what Kojima posted.

rayofdoom
Member Avatar
Feel Me Deep!
Doakes

i agree.

about the shoulder pads, all the troops wear them since its part of the uniform. no only bigboss
Edited by rayofdoom, Dec 16 2011, 09:25:04 PM.

Posted Image

Weedle_McHairybug
Hi-Tech Soldier
rayofdoom
Dec 16 2011, 09:23:35 PM
Doakes
i agree
And again, its one thing to not remove the bandana from the CGI model, it's quite another to keep the bandana on in the graphic novel cutscenes for Chapter 5 of Peace Walker (which had new drawings as well, which makes it even more clear that it was not laziness).

Solidraiden1
Light Infantry
Gouda Jouji
Dec 16 2011, 09:23:03 PM
Solidraiden1
Dec 16 2011, 09:06:32 PM
Gouda Jouji

Quote:

Case in point:

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is a prototype, dude. It's not meant to look great. Kojima was doing a presentation to international Konami staff yesterday to show what he's been up to, he probably threw this prototype together to give the audience an idea about what the game is about. What we saw in that picture was probably never meant to be seen by people outside of Konami but Kojima decided to give people a little tease.

Those pics from E3 of the FOX Engine you posted were made for everyone to see. They were polished up and probably worked on for weeks prior to show how good the engine can look. Kojima said in that video he did back then that it wasn't from any game, either. It's different from an internal prototype, which is what Kojima posted.
I really dont think Kojima would host a internal presentation *which is by no means less important than what the people get to see* showcasing his new love child, Project Ogre, and then show a build (or prototype if you will) which looks significantly worse (Im talking character models, textures, hi res mapping, lighting, shadows) than the tech demo he showed half a year ago at E3? Just doesnt make ANY sense.
Posted Image

Antii
Nerf herder.
I feel ok to say that Project Ogre is the one with the kid in the jungle with a Great Dane and the other with the mystery character wearing a pony tail is a whole other project.

Weedle_McHairybug
Hi-Tech Soldier
In regards to who it is, its unlikely to be Big Boss. For starters, he looks way too young (his hair by that time would either begin to go gray or already went gray). In addition, the eyepatch is missing (And please don't tell me that that's only because we are seeing the back of his head, because there is a strap on the back of his head even if we can't see the actual eyepatch, and the strap is missing as well).

Sword
Member Avatar
Blaze Luminus

Weedle_McHairybug
Dec 16 2011, 09:26:17 PM
rayofdoom
Dec 16 2011, 09:23:35 PM
Doakes
i agree
And again, its one thing to not remove the bandana from the CGI model, it's quite another to keep the bandana on in the graphic novel cutscenes for Chapter 5 of Peace Walker (which had new drawings as well, which makes it even more clear that it was not laziness).
Consistency. It would be stupid to have the bandana on the cg model and not have it in the comic panels.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

rayofdoom
Member Avatar
Feel Me Deep!
actually you wont be able to see the strap from that angle lol

Posted Image

NateDog
Member Avatar
Bang Bang
Sargent Tollhouse
Dec 16 2011, 06:29:28 PM
maybe it is an mgs game but a whole new cannon or I'm just dreaming :wub:
The likelihood of that ever happening is quite low I'd say. :whistle:

@Character: Why do you all think it is definitely a final or usable character? Could just be a random model.
Edited by NateDog, Dec 16 2011, 10:06:27 PM.
Posted Image
Gene

Agent

Cakes go hard. Jaffa cakes go hard. I go hard. Therefore jaffa cakes are cakes.
Are you a cake?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Metal Gear General · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin Global Moderator Forum Moderator Member Validating Banned