Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Kojima teases his new Fox Engine project; first screenshot
Topic Started: Dec 16 2011, 10:37:37 AM (5,573 Views)
Antii
Nerf herder.
Weedle_McHairybug
Dec 16 2011, 10:00:40 PM
In regards to who it is, its unlikely to be Big Boss. For starters, he looks way too young (his hair by that time would either begin to go gray or already went gray). In addition, the eyepatch is missing (And please don't tell me that that's only because we are seeing the back of his head, because there is a strap on the back of his head even if we can't see the actual eyepatch, and the strap is missing as well).
Or maybe he's wearing one of these ^_^

Posted Image
Edited by Antii, Dec 16 2011, 10:05:05 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BigSexy856
Member Avatar
As They Burn....Add More Gasoline. :)
My vote is for MG/MG 2 Remakes, or PW2 (Still enough room for 1 Big Boss game, before the events of MG).

About the ponytail.. Snake had one during Acid 1 right? (or at least had very long hair) His hair was long like Liquid's right before MGS1, but he cut his hair just prior to being sent to Shadow Moses, so that "he won't be mistaken for Liquid."... So maybe he had long hair during MG/MG2 right before he started wearing the " bandana".

Weedle_McHairybug
Hi-Tech Soldier
Uhh, guys, according to the Twitter post, the picture's title is

FOXエンジン」上で実験中の「新作」を実演。

Which means "FOX engine "on demonstration experiments in the"new"." I don't know if that is supposed to be a new game or simply a tech demo, but it doesn't sound good in terms of the new game option.

@Sword: Pokemon often has consistency errors, and heck, the cutscenes in some Metal Gear games have Snake holding the same weapon every time even when he used an entirely different weapon in gameplay. If we could handle those, we can certainly handle it if Snake was wearing a bandana on the head in the CGI and yet wasn't wearing one in the comic book cutscenes.

rayofdoom
Member Avatar
Feel Me Deep!
ok guys, i have some insight on the vehicle, its a LAV... forgot the type (-_-) but the 8 wheels and long ass cannon suggest that was in development in the 80s early 90s and later deployed mid 90s. cant say which country for sure because the designs are similar and KP are never that accurate with this kind of stuff.

it might mean something. might not because we all know kojima likes to fuck around with history and prototype weapons and such.

Posted Image
You Want To Solid My Snake?
PSN: rayofdoom
MGO: Solid gear Ray
Check out this: Metal Gear REX Custom Actoin Figure
And this: Naked Snake Custom Action Figure

Solid Chrome
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
That pony-tail makes me want to :headbang:

Anyways, that fortress in the background looks interesting I like how the top of the building got messed up...

Solidraiden1
Light Infantry
Solid Chrome
Dec 17 2011, 12:01:48 AM
That pony-tail makes me want to :headbang:

Anyways, that fortress in the background looks interesting I like how the top of the building got messed up...
Haha true, that ponytail is horrible :P. But im not complaining after the Rising rereveal.
Posted Image

Solid Chrome
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
lol yeah it's just mainly I can't tell who it is just because of that damn pony-tail. I know it's not Liquid or Miller they both have bright blond hair :ermm:

Weedle_McHairybug
Hi-Tech Soldier
Solid Chrome
Dec 17 2011, 12:08:59 AM
lol yeah it's just mainly I can't tell who it is just because of that damn pony-tail. I know it's not Liquid or Miller they both have bright blond hair :ermm:
Actually, it might be Liquid. Yoji Shinkawa stated in an interview that Liquid originally had brown hair like Solid Snake and Big Boss, but it ended up bleached from the ultraviolet solar rays as a result of his POW days in Iraq.

Solid Chrome
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
Weedle_McHairybug
Dec 17 2011, 12:13:46 AM
Solid Chrome
Actually, it might be Liquid. Yoji Shinkawa stated in an interview that Liquid originally had brown hair like Solid Snake and Big Boss, but it ended up bleached from the ultraviolet solar rays as a result of his POW days in Iraq.
Great now it's a possibility that it's Liquid Snake -_-

Solidraiden1
Light Infantry
Solid Chrome
Dec 17 2011, 12:26:01 AM
Weedle_McHairybug
Dec 17 2011, 12:13:46 AM
Solid Chrome
Great now it's a possibility that it's Liquid Snake -_-
Yes indeed, curious side note, Im about 100x more hyped for this half ugly looking screenshot than for Rising. Ow the tease, ow the tease. That village does look very interesting, Metal Gear Drakes Deception, not bad.
Posted Image

Night Fright
Member Avatar
The Phantom Assassin

the vehicle's model in that pic in first page is probably MGS Stryker,not M1 or anything like that,so i think this title will take place in modern day,not 80 or 90s.....if it so...and Big Boss's character potential is eliminated......
BTW,at least pony tail is way BETTER than gay-shiny hair that we saw in Rising....
Edited by Night Fright, Dec 17 2011, 02:32:34 PM.
"Victory is within our grasp, do not give up!"

Posted Image

Antii
Nerf herder.
This photo was posted here in the "Fox Engine" topic couple months back. You can clearly see something that looks like a strap of an eye patch.

Spoiler: click to toggle
Edited by Antii, Dec 17 2011, 02:54:10 PM.

Sword
Member Avatar
Blaze Luminus

Weedle_McHairybug
Dec 16 2011, 10:19:52 PM
@Sword: Pokemon often has consistency errors,
Just because pokemon does it doesn't mean it's ok. Plus I don't even know what you're talking about in regards to pokemon, because your reasoning for that could be just as illogical as this one:
Weedle

and heck, the cutscenes in some Metal Gear games have Snake holding the same weapon every time even when he used an entirely different weapon in gameplay.
If you think that's simply an oversight on the developer's part then you don't know shit about video games. The cutscenes use fixed animations and some of the weapons in MGS games are completely optional, so using the pistol for every cutscene or a gun that you are supposed to always have is perfectly logical. Especially in cutscenes where the character holsters their weapon, because there is no visible storage space for most weapons except the pistol. If you ask me this is perfectly consistent.

Hey antisnake, can you put that image in spoiler tags? It's stretching the page.
Edited by Sword, Dec 17 2011, 02:45:54 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Weedle_McHairybug
Hi-Tech Soldier
AntiSnake
Dec 17 2011, 02:35:22 PM
This photo was posted here in the "Fox Engine" topic couple months back. You can clearly see something that looks like a strap of an eye patch.

I still don't see the strap on the Twitter picture (the one with the eight wheel tank LAV). I do see some sort of hairline, though.

@Sword: Even with your arguement with fixed cutscenes, they could at least replace the handgun with another handgun, since that's not hard to holster or model, especially if the player decided to use another handgun than the one in the cutscene. A major example of this is the cutscene after the mercenary shootout on the U.S.S. Discovery in the Tanker Chapter, since the M9 and the USP are literally the only firearms that can be acquired in that chapter, so it shouldn't be too hard.). Heck, if the creators could create alternate cutscene shots of where Olga fainted in the event that she fainted at a different spot, or have a panaway shot of Fatman rollerblading before crashing if the player managed to take him down somewhere other than near the crate he was landed at, then they can most certainly replace Snake's USP with an M9 if the player decided to use the M9 instead of the USP to take down the mercenaries in the hold, so no, the whole "Consistency" arguement doesn't hold weight in regards to the Graphic Novel cutscenes still showing him with the bandana, even when its inclusion in the CGI was likely to have been made out of laziness.

Sword
Member Avatar
Blaze Luminus

The transition between gameplay and a cutscene is a completely different issue from the constant appearance of a character. If it was the case that Raiden has his hair in a ponytail during gameplay and has his normal hair during cutscenes then you would have an argument.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Gun Animal
Member Avatar
Shitposting Extraordinaire
oh my god that picture. Context, anyone?
Posted Image
My TUMBLR

jonhou
Member Avatar
Tengu Commando
AntiSnake
Dec 17 2011, 02:35:22 PM

Wouldn't the patch be on the charachters left eye?

rayofdoom
Member Avatar
Feel Me Deep!
is that pic mirrored? if not then the patch is on the wrong eye

Posted Image
You Want To Solid My Snake?
PSN: rayofdoom
MGO: Solid gear Ray
Check out this: Metal Gear REX Custom Actoin Figure
And this: Naked Snake Custom Action Figure

Weedle_McHairybug
Hi-Tech Soldier
Sword
Dec 17 2011, 03:40:35 PM
The transition between gameplay and a cutscene is a completely different issue from the constant appearance of a character. If it was the case that Raiden has his hair in a ponytail during gameplay and has his normal hair during cutscenes then you would have an argument.
Okay, fine. There's the fact that Pliskin had a huge cut on his arm, yet the cut was gone in his next cutscene with no bandages or even any trace that there was ever a cut in the first place, with little time to pass by. That's cutscene to cutscene, and thus a perfect example.

Sword
Member Avatar
Blaze Luminus

That's different again. That's when we see the character at a later time, not one second later.
Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Metal Gear General · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin Global Moderator Forum Moderator Member Validating Banned