Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Kojima teases his new Fox Engine project; first screenshot
Topic Started: Dec 16 2011, 10:37:37 AM (5,774 Views)
Solidraiden1
Light Infantry
Yeah, wasnt that his (way to ambitious) plan for MGS4? Setting it in a much more open world where you could blow up walls to create new paths? That would have been so great, licensing Frostbite 2 anyone?
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NateDog
Member Avatar
Bang Bang

Some more stuff:

Andriasang

Hideo Kojima's latest update on the Fox Engine (Fox Engine Tsuushin Vol.3, is how he headed up his Tweet) concerns a custom avatar system that the developers at Kojima Productions are currently experimenting with.

The avatar system allows users to create a realistic avatar simply, by selecting parts. Here's what the Kojima Productions staff was able to assemble in an hour by viewing the image of Kojima Productions programmer Lionel, shown to the left.

Posted Image

Also:

Andriasang

Kojima also shared this pic demonstrating Fox Engine technology.

One of the selling points of the engine, said Kojima (possibly joking), is the tech that allows you to make out the bras on the characters.

Posted Image
http://andriasang.com/comzg4/fox_engine_avatar/
http://andriasang.com/comzdt/kojima_fox_engine_game/
Posted Image
Gene

Agent

Cakes go hard. Jaffa cakes go hard. I go hard. Therefore jaffa cakes are cakes.
Are you a cake?

Solidraiden1
Light Infantry
Images not working bro

EDIT: Kidding! My bad.
Edited by Solidraiden1, Dec 21 2011, 01:24:11 PM.
Posted Image

Antii
Nerf herder.
I really like the idea of being able customize your avatar the way that there would basically be no two characters alike in a video game. If you could do this using your own face (I would not want to play with a character as handsome as myself) they would all be like unique cornflakes except for idential twins. I had thought about this since I first time saw them scan Bruce Willis' face on the character in Apocalypse. Of course back then it was a little more restricted than what might be possible these days and it didn't look like Bruce that much. So they might use the technology made current in Avatar to let you create your avatar. I'd buy that for a dollar.
Edited by Antii, Dec 21 2011, 01:26:33 PM.

NateDog
Member Avatar
Bang Bang

They are for me, just hit the links if you must I'm afraid I'm too lazy to post them to an image hosting website. :P
Posted Image
Gene

Agent

Are you a cake?

Antii
Nerf herder.
There's two topics about the Fox Engine. Should we concentrate on only one? It would be more convenient to have this stuff in the same place and not spread on to different threads. Just a thought.

On-topic. Being able to see bras through the shirt in a video game? It seems the future is upon us people.

Solidraiden1
Light Infantry
AntiSnake
Dec 21 2011, 04:46:39 PM
There's two topics about the Fox Engine. Should we concentrate on only one? It would be more convenient to have this stuff in the same place and not spread on to different threads. Just a thought.

On-topic. Being able to see bras through the shirt in a video game? It seems the future is upon us people.
Just THINK of the possibilities the Japanese could come up with after this ground shattering discovery...

Posted Image

With added translucency...

Posted Image

Antii
Nerf herder.
With something that revealing I think the imagination does the job well enough without the need for the Fox Engine. If not, that's what fan art is for. I'm sure you know what they've done to Tifa, for example. But this engine does bring a lot of new possibilites by adding a fresh sense of realism to games, even if it doesn't have anything to do with gameplay.
Edited by Antii, Dec 21 2011, 06:48:11 PM.

Roger
Member Avatar
?
I rather not use the engine for something as perverted as that, when you can get an actual girl.... It'll be a waste of time to have a "fantasy" be made up by the FOX engine...

But I wonder exactly it can do though.
[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]
micster
Dec 4 2013, 06:26:42 PM
ROGER? OOHHHHH SHEETTTTTTTTTTTTTT

NateDog
Member Avatar
Bang Bang

You guys know how much of a pervert Kojima is, MGS4 had Playboy, MGS1 had an unconscious, naked Johnny after being beat up by Meryl and Meryl in the bathroom (and the Meryl in underwear trick too) and FHM model posters in MGS2 (maybe it wasn't FHM but they were hawt anyway), it's hardly new for him.
Posted Image
Gene

Agent

Are you a cake?

OzwaldTheCrab
Member Avatar
on his dying words he prays: tell the world of Paschendale

Kinda like the new engine, but anything is an upgrade from the MS Paint graphics of MGS1. No offense, it was all that was available.
Posted Image

Antii
Nerf herder.
Kojima has just tweeted pictures of a 3D scanning experimenting session including a soldier in heavy gear and a lovely lady in bikinis. I'd say they're testing a bit more for the Fox Engine. Maybe the y're scanning stuff for the Ogre Project.

https://twitter.com/#!/Kojima_Hideo/status/170760330622926848/photo/1
https://twitter.com/#!/Kojima_Hideo/status/170770409057296384/photo/1

SolidusSnake89
Member Avatar
Hi-Tech Soldier
AntiSnake
Feb 20 2012, 10:51:52 PM
Kojima has just tweeted pictures of a 3D scanning experimenting session including a soldier in heavy gear and a lovely lady in bikinis. I'd say they're testing a bit more for the Fox Engine. Maybe the y're scanning stuff for the Ogre Project.

https://twitter.com/#!/Kojima_Hideo/status/170760330622926848/photo/1
https://twitter.com/#!/Kojima_Hideo/status/170770409057296384/photo/1
The first link doesn't work. I'd really like to see what kind of armor the guy was wearing. Can you post the pic?
Posted Image

Galactus123
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
I can:

Spoiler: click to toggle

Ramen Snake
Member Avatar
Jail Guard
The picture is interesting! hopefully he will release more! the ponytail seems cool eneough! also the psvita needs a mgs or even a kojima game for it since the 3ds got one

SolidusSnake89
Member Avatar
Hi-Tech Soldier
Posted Image

Well now we know who it is and the general time period. Has to be late 70's -mid 80's. And no ponytail.

Edit: This pic was from an ad looking for CONSOLE game designers. So no Vita.
Edited by SolidusSnake89, Feb 22 2012, 08:24:10 AM.
Posted Image

Solid Steak
Member Avatar
Jail Guard
Where did you find that picture?

Sword
Member Avatar
Blaze Luminus

SolidusSnake89
Feb 22 2012, 08:19:54 AM
Edit: This pic was from an ad looking for CONSOLE game designers. So no Vita.
Kojima said all future games are going to be on home consoles and the Vita. Officially speaking, handhelds are still consoles, and even if the ad was excluding handhelds it doesn't mean the game is coming out only on home consoles.
Edited by Sword, Feb 22 2012, 10:15:05 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

SolidusSnake89
Member Avatar
Hi-Tech Soldier
Ok. But it's being designed as a major console game not a portable game. If anything it will be the opposite of peace walker. That was a portable game on a console. This will be a console game on a portable.
Posted Image

Flapjaw
Jail Guard
AntiSnake
Dec 16 2011, 08:40:57 PM
In MGS3 we had Solid Snake's menthor The Boss. Maybe this game has Solid Snake's menthor Master Miller as it's lead character. Just a wild thought.
Posted Image :D Just playin
Edited by Flapjaw, Feb 25 2012, 06:15:01 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Metal Gear General · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin Global Moderator Forum Moderator Member Validating Banned