Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Is there going to be another MGS?
Topic Started: Jan 25 2012, 04:28:41 AM (975 Views)
RevulationStar
Jail Guard
Will there be another mgs? what do you think?

MGS 1 - 4 (what i played) were all amazing and i would love if that they were to make a MGS5! :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tollhouse
Member Avatar
How TROUBLESOME!

well kojima has made it clear that there will be another traditional mgs game in the future or has at least teased it. btw dude your signature is way way too big. consider taking up 1/10 of that space you're using.
[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]
Posted Image
Posted Image

DaSeala
Chip on his shoulder and shit for brains
Seriously, why are people that ignorant to use more than 2 screen fulls with their shitty signatures?
Quote:

Weedle; inability to comprehend anything but the literal

jonhou
Member Avatar
Tengu Commando
What has this got to do with MGS4?

chazo136
Member Avatar
Pokémon master

should be in metal gear general
Posted Image

rain
Member Avatar
vargaflicka

haha, you people are a depressing bunch. except for old Grevious, who actually bothered to answer the question. :P
aye, I do think we will see a new traditional MGS game eventually. I think it's more a question of 'when' rather than 'if', and I also hope that it would include a new story instead of being a remake or prequel. one thing's for sure though, MGS is far too successful to just fade away, even if Revengeance fails.
welcome to the fluffy forums, by the way! (:
Posted Image

RevulationStar
Jail Guard
rain
Jan 26 2012, 01:20:36 AM
haha, you people are a depressing bunch. except for old Grevious, who actually bothered to answer the question. :P
aye, I do think we will see a new traditional MGS game eventually. I think it's more a question of 'when' rather than 'if', and I also hope that it would include a new story instead of being a remake or prequel. one thing's for sure though, MGS is far too successful to just fade away, even if Revengeance fails.
welcome to the fluffy forums, by the way! (:
Tank you that is the best reply i have gotten :)

Gouda Jouji
Light Infantry
On the latest KP Report they hinted that they are making a Metal Gear Solid on the FOX Engine. Along with what Kojima said a little while ago in response to the babies crying about Rising, I think it's safe to say it's coming. The question is whether or not we'll see it this year.

Antii
Nerf herder.
It would be great to have it in 2012 for the 25th anniversary but if Kojima-san's Project Ogre isn't MGS5 then I can't see it being released this year. And if this is true MGS5 might go as far as 2014 or so.

rain
Member Avatar
vargaflicka

Gouda Jouji
Jan 28 2012, 10:15:16 AM
On the latest KP Report they hinted that they are making a Metal Gear Solid on the FOX Engine. Along with what Kojima said a little while ago in response to the babies crying about Rising, I think it's safe to say it's coming. The question is whether or not we'll see it this year.
that's interesting. what exactly did Kojima say?
Posted Image

OzwaldTheCrab
Member Avatar
YO B-BOI THAT'S JUST NOT THE WORD, YA HEARD?

AntiSnake
Jan 28 2012, 12:26:24 PM
It would be great to have it in 2012 for the 25th anniversary but if Kojima-san's Project Ogre isn't MGS5 then I can't see it being released this year. And if this is true MGS5 might go as far as 2014 or so.
He he, Metal Gear solid 4 is in that time period, therefore, it made me chuckle. Not exactly lol, more like, lqtm (Laugh Quietly To Myself.) No one really LOL's anymore.
You are watching [ozwaldswim]
Oh, I am heartily tired of hearing about what Hank is going to do.
We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold.
Some quotes n fuck

Gouda Jouji
Light Infantry
AntiSnake
Jan 28 2012, 12:26:24 PM
I didn't mean released this year, I meant announced. Should of used different wording, sorry.

Quote:

that's interesting. what exactly did Kojima say?

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/emommp

"For those of you desire for authentic stealth MGS, I want you to patiently wait for the sequel coming in future."

Tollhouse
Member Avatar
How TROUBLESOME!

Gouda Jouji
Jan 28 2012, 10:53:30 PM
"For those of you desire for authentic stealth MGS, I want you to patiently wait for the sequel coming in future."
ahhh yes. i remember reading this before. he said that not long ago after rising's recent trailer so this isn't really news guys
[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]
Posted Image
Posted Image

vVv SkiLLz
Member Avatar
Sonic FOX
Sargent Tollhouse
Jan 29 2012, 12:29:45 AM
Gouda Jouji
ahhh yes. i remember reading this before. he said that not long ago after rising's recent trailer so this isn't really news guys
Yes i can also confirm this was said not long ago and it will happen :) We just gotta wait.

I think i read or saw that when kojima finishes his 'Project Ogre' he will then focus on MGS5?

EDIT: Just found this link confirms that he will 'Have to make it'
http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2011/11/21/metal-gear-solid-5-ps3-well-have-to-make-it-says-hideo-kojima/

Cannot wait.. hope the boss battle are more 'MGS1 original like'

Hated the ripp off bosses in MGS4.. Laughing Octo? Raging Raven? Crying Wolf? and Screaming Mantis! seriously? lol.

Edited by vVv SkiLLz, Feb 7 2012, 07:06:33 AM.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Granin: "I used to be known for my titgif avatars, and somewhere along the way I deviated to other shit like Reven from Star Wars and Doakes from Dexter. Seeing those inbred breasts above made me realise that nothing in the world beats a good pair of tits".

SonOfThePatriots
Member Avatar
Jail Guard
vVv SkiLLz
Feb 7 2012, 07:00:29 AM
Sargent Tollhouse
Jan 29 2012, 12:29:45 AM
Gouda Jouji
Yes i can also confirm this was said not long ago and it will happen :) We just gotta wait.

I think i read or saw that when kojima finishes his 'Project Ogre' he will then focus on MGS5?

EDIT: Just found this link confirms that he will 'Have to make it'
http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2011/11/21/metal-gear-solid-5-ps3-well-have-to-make-it-says-hideo-kojima/

Cannot wait.. hope the boss battle are more 'MGS1 original like'

Hated the ripp off bosses in MGS4.. Laughing Octo? Raging Raven? Crying Wolf? and Screaming Mantis! seriously? lol.

I always thought that was the point, to have bosses referencing past bosses like psycho mantis. It was meant to tie up the series so in that respect I liked it.

And it would seem that if they do a MGS5 it will be based on big boss again. I would like to see the moment he actually goes from hero to villain, plus I'd like to see young EVA again. Anyone else get really sad when big mamma died in MGS4?
You too, immortal?

Soviette
Member Avatar
Death is certain - Life is not

http://mgsforums.com/topic/7554376/1/

To those that have somehow missed it.. yes.

It's not confirmed yet, but it's pretty obvious there's a new MGS in the oven. And no, it's not a sequel to MGS4, but obviously another Big Boss story.
Posted Image

OzwaldTheCrab
Member Avatar
YO B-BOI THAT'S JUST NOT THE WORD, YA HEARD?

Of course he's going to make another. Kojima knows very well about Metal Gear's loyal fanbase, and he doesn't want to lose it.
You are watching [ozwaldswim]
Oh, I am heartily tired of hearing about what Hank is going to do.
We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold.
Some quotes n fuck

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin · Global Moderator · Forum Moderator · Emeritus · Member · Validating · Banned