Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Kojima Productions at GDC?
Topic Started: Feb 14 2012, 03:05:01 PM (694 Views)
Nyxus
Member Avatar

Quote:

Kojima posted a message on his Twitter today that seems to suggest he, or his studio, will attend GDC. He wrote preparations are being made.

GDC is the Game Developers Conference, an that is held every year in San Francisco, where game developers talk about their profession, exchange ideas and show their projects to each other and to the press. This year the event is held on March 5 - 9.

Whether Kojima Productions' attendance (or possibly Platinum Games') will be about Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, Project Ogre or something else remains unclear at this point.

Kojima's last attendance at GDC was in 2009, when he held a keynote about 'making the impossible, possible'.

Someone here who can read Japanese? I can't figure out exactly what he says here.
Posted Image Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Gouda Jouji
Light Infantry
Sounds like he's going. I don't think he's hosting a panel though, we would of heard about it by now. Konami themselves don't appear to have an exhibit on the show floor, either.

Granin
Member Avatar
Philosopher

It's GDC, all about the techincal mumbo jumbo. 20 quid says its details on the FOX engine
Posted Image

Awards

RIP Gary
:gary:

Nyxus
Member Avatar

In the podcast they said they will be recruiting new staff at GDC.
Posted Image Posted Image

Granin
Member Avatar
Philosopher

That's always as an aside.
Posted Image

Awards

RIP Gary
:gary:

Kasaioni
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/gdc2012/
PSN = Firedemon2370

solidsnoop29
Member Avatar
Tactical Espionage Operations

Ohh yehhh Boyeeehhhhh

New mgs game, and they need your help..

Bigboss with a hound...

The thing already looking like a legendary story indeed.

as Kasaioni Has linked.. everything is there!
Posted Image

NateDog
Member Avatar
Defective
OH LOOK, more prequels and more Big Boss! I like, totally never saw that coming for the future of Metal Gear Solid! :o
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Solidraiden1
Light Infantry
Fox Engine Dog

Well it appears the dog returns... Another jungle setting for Big Boss, this time with an AI dog?
Posted Image

MiiQ
Member Avatar

Solidraiden1
Feb 22 2012, 11:06:21 AM
Fox Engine Dog

Well it appears the dog returns... Another jungle setting for Big Boss, this time with an AI dog?
It would be kinda funny if the dog was the Metal Gear Mark 2 of the new MGS.
!

Read this: http://mgsforums.com/single/?p=8812248&t=7590978

Freedom!

krimsonknight
Jail Guard
yeah, i was thinking of going down to san fran to try for the job, but i didn't want to put over a grand on a long shot. i do have a general storyline and gameplay ideas, but again, spending over a grand for a 5 minute interview isn't a gamble i'm willing to take.

anyway, going with current control settings, i'd tweak a few things. d-pad right and left is a quick scroll for weapons while d-pad up and down scrolls explosives (C4, grenades, mines). holding down L3 is a targeting system for explosives much like L1 aims the guns. R1 activates, sets, or throws explosives. this of course would allow to use both explosives and guns or knives at the same time.

as for the storyline, having two different paths would be sweet. as big boss, you're trying to create a large scale war for profit. if you choose a different character, you're trying to prevent big boss from completing his plan. i don't know how much this would follow in the mgs series because i don't remember the storyline from the nintendo series well and i only remember big boss as being the long-haired cat you fight on top of the s.h.i.e.l.d. airship in the end of mgs4.

one mission i came up with was to assassinate a world leader at a world cup qualifying soccer match. as big boss, you try to kill the world leader with a heart attack gun. the whole game, big boss utilizes weapons and tactics that may or may not be moral according to certain industrialized nations (ie public bombings, torture, assassinations). on the other hand, if you choose to try and stop big boss, you disarm bombs without being detected (or else be arrested for planting the device), you save informants from torture, and in the world cup qualifying match mission, you snipe would be assassins from above.

this of course would allow for offline as well as online interactive gameplay. so in the world cup qualifying match mission, you could either play against the game's artificial intelligence or against other players online. if playing online on normal difficulty, you'd face one other random online opponent. playing on the hardest difficulty, you'd face up to 3 or 4 opponents. so if you're big boss, you'd have to elude 3 snipers before assassinating the world leader while as the sniper, you'd have to shoot 3 different would be assassins before passing the level. credit goes to playing hundreds of hours of demon's souls and dark souls and watching about a half hour of online of assassin's creed.
Edited by krimsonknight, Mar 7 2012, 02:19:13 AM.

Night Fright
Member Avatar
The Phantom Assassin

so...is there any news from GDC?
"Victory is within our grasp, do not give up!"

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · Kojima Productions · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin Global Moderator Forum Moderator Emeritus Member Validating Banned