Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Kestrel's Stuff; Drawings, creations, papercraft ect.
Topic Started: May 30 2012, 03:11:44 PM (7,218 Views)
Kestrel
Member Avatar
Lance Coconut
Some things you might not belive I made, maybe there are some things you will.
But rest assured, these are all mine, I drew, scuplted, cut, shaped, and painted to make these.
Enjoy!

Made this one a while back.
Spoiler: click to toggle

Made this one not long after I made Snake.

As you can imagine, going to a cyber-school means tons of spare time.
What to do? Amass tons of weapons, of course! (These are all made of a cardboard like material called chipboard. My dad works for the Senate print shop so I can get as much as I want, recently, my dad does not approve of these, so I'll have to stop.)
M60E2

M60E2 (Box magazine removed and feed exposed)

WA-2000

RPG-7 (This one actually has a launching warhead, of course, it doesn't explode. :P)

Group photo! (RPG-7, WA-2000, M60E2, MPK, 9A91 Vihkr, G18C, FAMAS, MP-40, PPS-43, and of course the G11-P4)

I would upload a picture of my Cheytac M-200, but I don't have any photos of it after its completion.

Last but definetly not least, my painting. Canis Lupus. (I had a VERY hard time to get people to belive I made this, especially my art teacher.)
Edited by Kestrel, May 30 2012, 03:17:31 PM.
Posted Image
:gary:
Gary Town is Forever
#bringbackblack
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Archer
Member Avatar
#GDWT
Those are all awesome. I love the snake drawing the most, and the m60 is pretty sweet.

How does the RPG launch, elastics?

Kestrel
Member Avatar
Lance Coconut
Archer
May 30 2012, 03:29:27 PM
How does the RPG launch, elastics?
It uses sugar. Sugar has a large amount of energy in it, you burn it, and compress it, you can pretty much launch anything you want. In this case, I'm using a kind of capsule, I put sugar into an old film case and fill it with syrup, causing it to stick together and adding a bit more sugar. I do that a few times until I have a stick of sugar about a foot long. The rocket has a hollow tube on the inside lined with aluminum, a steel ring at the nozzle, and guidance flaps on the outside. All you do is place the ignition stick in the rocket, ignite it sufficiently and you can fire it maybe around 200m. Hell, I bet you could launch a Portable Toilet 50ft up with just a few pounds.
Here's a guy firing a sugar rocket towards the ground, so it wont be going anywhere.
Edited by Kestrel, May 30 2012, 03:46:16 PM.
Posted Image
Gary Town is Forever
#bringbackblack

Archer
Member Avatar
#GDWT
What are those made of? I thought it was cardboard, but clearly cardboard couldn't contain that kind of pressure.

Kestrel
Member Avatar
Lance Coconut
It has aluminum in the inside, and thick cardboard can contain the pressure, that's what most fireworks and home rockets are made of, but they use a magnesium charge and an electric fuze.
Posted Image
Gary Town is Forever
#bringbackblack

DarkWarden
Member Avatar
Yippee-ki-yay!
Hey man,these works are really good,i like you style. Keep it up :)
Posted Image

Kestrel
Member Avatar
Lance Coconut
Thanks, I appreciate it.
Posted Image
Gary Town is Forever
#bringbackblack

Archer
Member Avatar
#GDWT
Haha, you have a point. It was more the tape and cardboard that concerned me, but that just makes them a whole lot more badass. Good job.

freddiegibbs

This stuff I liek

Kestrel
Member Avatar
Lance Coconut
I figured you would Granin :P
Posted Image
Gary Town is Forever
#bringbackblack

hukkel
Member Avatar
I'm holding on to what I haven't got
Very nice drawings!

Talented my good sir.
https://www.facebook.com/DutchLionCustomising

Posted Image

Kestrel
Member Avatar
Lance Coconut
Thanks hukkeh, I've been drawing since I was 2 and have been making guns since fourth grade. I remember the first gun I made.... a life sized M1014, then I made an R700 (which was and still is my favorite gun in CoD4.), then an RPG7. I was inspired by Call of Duty 4, back when EVERYONE played it.
Posted Image
Gary Town is Forever
#bringbackblack

Yamatsu
Member Avatar
we'll bang, ok?
Awesome pictures, love your use of shading, hell, your overall style in the first 2 pictures.
nope
Posted Image

Kestrel
Member Avatar
Lance Coconut
Thanks alot.
Posted Image
Gary Town is Forever
#bringbackblack

Maero
Member Avatar
Jail Guard
All of those are ridiculously AWESOME. I need lessons from you, Kestrel XD I failed my art class and everything lol. And those props are absolutely amazing! I'm jealous. lol

Kestrel
Member Avatar
Lance Coconut
Thanks, but it seems like a lot of people are missing my painting. Did anyone see it, or does everything else outweigh it in awesomeness?
Posted Image
Gary Town is Forever
#bringbackblack

Roger
Member Avatar
?
If the drawing ain't related to MGS it'll be overlooked. Pieces like that are best in concept art forums, deviantart, and etc etc. Though, I do enjoy it.
[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]
micster
Dec 4 2013, 06:26:42 PM
ROGER? OOHHHHH SHEETTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Kestrel
Member Avatar
Lance Coconut
Thanks. At least I know now it's at least good.
Posted Image
Gary Town is Forever
#bringbackblack

Maero
Member Avatar
Jail Guard
Kestrel
Jun 4 2012, 04:23:13 AM
Thanks, but it seems like a lot of people are missing my painting. Did anyone see it, or does everything else outweigh it in awesomeness?
No, I saw it. It's just that I'm more into pencil drawings than I am into paintings. That doesn't mean it's not good. I used to paint too, but only in acrylic and I was terrible at it. lol You did a really good job on everything, and yes, especially the painting.

Kestrel
Member Avatar
Lance Coconut
Thanks a lot Mearo
Yes, acrylic painting is extremely hard xD
Posted Image
Gary Town is Forever
#bringbackblack

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Fan Art · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin Global Moderator Forum Moderator Member Validating Banned