Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ground Zeros a prequel for MGS5?!; What is Kojima's plan
Topic Started: Sep 2 2012, 03:07:50 AM (7,044 Views)
SolidusSnake89
Member Avatar
Hi-Tech Soldier
So I read on the metal gear wikia that Ground Zeros will act as a prequel to MGS5. So what is MGS5? To me it screams a remake of Metal Gear. Is there any more info? I know Kojima was going to talk about the future of the franchise at pax prime. What do you guys think?
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Solid Snake The Great
Member Avatar
Strike Back
Already been discussing it in the GZ Announced thread. Pretty much all GZ news has been discussed there. Have a read of the last ten or so pages and you'll be all caught up dude.

Posted Image
Posted Image
[Rules] [BBCode Usage Guide]

Soviette
Member Avatar
Death is certain - Life is not

It's possible, but I don't see why Ground Zeroes wouldn't be numbered despite being a whole new game, while a remake/reimagination of MG/MG2 would be numbered. It's possible Kojima just meant that the trailer was the prologue segment of the game and that the rest of the game is the main game / MGS5? ala Tanker Chapter/Virtuous Mission to the Plant Chapter / Op: Snake Eater in MGS2 & 3. Maybe a translation error or something?
Posted Image

CIN
Jail Guard
Stanpy
Sep 2 2012, 04:07:47 AM
It's possible, but I don't see why Ground Zeroes wouldn't be numbered despite being a whole new game, while a remake/reimagination of MG/MG2 would be numbered. It's possible Kojima just meant that the trailer was the prologue segment of the game and that the rest of the game is the main game / MGS5? ala Tanker Chapter/Virtuous Mission to the Plant Chapter / Op: Snake Eater in MGS2 & 3. Maybe a translation error or something?
That's what I was thinking.

Shinken
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
IMHO, I think ground zeroes its the begining of a revamp of the series, some sort of experiment to see if the sandbox style fits with the stealth gameplay of the saga, and after this we will se a complete revamp of the first two MG using this new approach, making them truly fit into the canon of the MGS saga with their own numbered games in it, that, I think fits perfectly with the idea of infiltrating an entire nation fortress (Outer Heaven and zanzibar land).

I dont expect any major development of the plot in this one aside the star of an open confrontation between zero and big boss and perhaps the creation of the AIs.
Posted Image

LibertySon500
Light Infantry
i wouldn't be suprised if MGS5 was a remake of MG1 and MG2

metalgear141
Member Avatar

If MGS5 does end up being a remake of MG1 and 2, it will make my life. Loved those games as a kid and have always wanted to play them in a more modern MGS fashion. Although the originals are still awesome, I would love remakes!
Posted Image
"I'm no hero....never was...never will be"

LibertySon500
Light Infantry
i attend to the theory that GZ is a prequel/prologue to MGS5, taking place right after PW

and that MGS5 will be a remake of both MG1 and MG2

Solid Snake The Great
Member Avatar
Strike Back
MGS5 won't be a remake of MG1 and MG2. They'll just call them Metal Gear 1: *insert subtitle here* and Metal Gear 2: *either Solid Snake or another subtitle*. MGS5 should be a stand alone game, and besides, GZ isn't going to cover 20 years between 1975 and 1995.

Posted Image
Posted Image

LibertySon500
Light Infantry
Solid Snake The Great
Sep 4 2012, 05:27:55 PM
MGS5 won't be a remake of MG1 and MG2. They'll just call them Metal Gear 1: *insert subtitle here* and Metal Gear 2: *either Solid Snake or another subtitle*. MGS5 should be a stand alone game, and besides, GZ isn't going to cover 20 years between 1975 and 1995.

well i could see it be in the late 80s and the rise of outer heaven

but people been wanting a remake of mg1 and mg2... so mgs5 being a remake of those 2 games is not far-fetched

Solid Snake The Great
Member Avatar
Strike Back
LibertySon500
Sep 4 2012, 05:29:16 PM
but people been wanting a remake of mg1 and mg2... so mgs5 being a remake of those 2 games is not far-fetched
Metal Gear 1 and 2 already have names. There would be no point renaming them MGS5 because they've already been published and released. It's like when movies are remade they usually keep the old name, or add a subtitle to differentiate between the two iterations.

Posted Image
Posted Image

SolidusSnake89
Member Avatar
Hi-Tech Soldier
Solid Snake The Great
Sep 4 2012, 05:32:36 PM
LibertySon500
Sep 4 2012, 05:29:16 PM
Metal Gear 1 and 2 already have names. There would be no point renaming them MGS5 because they've already been published and released. It's like when movies are remade they usually keep the old name, or add a subtitle to differentiate between the two iterations.
I agree with you somewhat. But it has been long speculated that if those games were to be remade that they would be combined into one game instead of being two separate games (like the tanker and plant chapters of mgs2... but much longer and in different proportions). That and the inevitable story revamp could (theoretically) constitute a new title. But if it was up to me I would combine both games into one and simply title it "Metal Gear". Simple and it gets the message across. But that's just me. Anyway, it is a possibility.
Posted Image

Soviette
Member Avatar

If they were to remake MG / MG2 they would be in one game, most likely, and the game would be called something like "Metal Gear Solid: Origins" or something like that, not Metal Gear Solid 5. I also doubt if the games will ever be strictly remade, but I could see them being totally reimagined to fit in with the series. They'll keep the fundamental parts of the plot in place, but change and increase a lot of it. Also the environments of Zanzibar Land and Outer Heaven would be completely changed and so would several gameplay elements. So really it would be a completely different game to the originals, and I think this would be the best way to go about it. There's simply not enough content in both the games for them to simply prop up the environment and characters to 3D and give the characters voice acting while keeping everything else the same (gameplay, boss fights).

I've been thinking anyway, if I'm wrong about what I said above, MGS5 is probably gonna be a game on The Boss, since Kojima has twice expressed interest in doing that. After MGS4 was released he wanted his team to do it, but they wouldn't do it without him, and I swear I read in a mag link someone put on here the other day that he said something about it again. It seems as if Kojima doesn't want to have another numbered MGS featuring Big Boss, otherwise why not just make GZ MGS5? Even if the gameplay is going to be open world and stuff, it's fundamentally still a MGS stealth game..
Edited by Soviette, Sep 5 2012, 06:23:08 AM.
Posted Image

Outer-Heaven
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
It looks like the with this game, the game will lead to MG1 and MG2 for sure. Which is just sad.

Soviette
Member Avatar

Outer-Heaven
Sep 5 2012, 09:23:36 AM
It looks like the with this game, the game will lead to MG1 and MG2 for sure. Which is just sad.
Kojima stated that MGS:GZ will be a "beginning" in the series, not an end. Take of that what you will.
Posted Image

NateDog
Member Avatar
Defective
I think some of you are forgetting that the game that turns out to be MGS5 might not be necessarily called MGS5, like how Peace Walker was initially titled and labelled as it but then had the number taken out of the title, and was then obviously ignored as what Kojima saw as MGS5 since he has said that he is still to make it.

SolidusSnake89
Member Avatar
Hi-Tech Soldier
Stanpy
Sep 5 2012, 06:21:31 AM
If they were to remake MG / MG2 they would be in one game, most likely, and the game would be called something like "Metal Gear Solid: Origins" or something like that, not Metal Gear Solid 5. I also doubt if the games will ever be strictly remade, but I could see them being totally reimagined to fit in with the series. They'll keep the fundamental parts of the plot in place, but change and increase a lot of it. Also the environments of Zanzibar Land and Outer Heaven would be completely changed and so would several gameplay elements. So really it would be a completely different game to the originals, and I think this would be the best way to go about it. There's simply not enough content in both the games for them to simply prop up the environment and characters to 3D and give the characters voice acting while keeping everything else the same (gameplay, boss fights).

I've been thinking anyway, if I'm wrong about what I said above, MGS5 is probably gonna be a game on The Boss, since Kojima has twice expressed interest in doing that. After MGS4 was released he wanted his team to do it, but they wouldn't do it without him, and I swear I read in a mag link someone put on here the other day that he said something about it again. It seems as if Kojima doesn't want to have another numbered MGS featuring Big Boss, otherwise why not just make GZ MGS5? Even if the gameplay is going to be open world and stuff, it's fundamentally still a MGS stealth game..
IF MGS5 is a game with the boss in world war 2 then how could Ground Zeros lead into it. It takes place thirty sum years later and over ten years after the boss died. That doesn't make any sense.
Posted Image

doubleo sigint
Member Avatar
I won't love you, I can't love you...unless that pussy got superpowers.
MGS5 better motherfuckin be the remake.
Posted Image

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

oldsorebones
Member Avatar
Jail Guard
SolidusSnake89
Sep 5 2012, 04:06:47 PM
IF MGS5 is a game with the boss in world war 2 then how could Ground Zeros lead into it. It takes place thirty sum years later and over ten years after the boss died. That doesn't make any sense.
MGS3 was a prequel to MGS2. Could be that events in Ground Zeroes will be made clearer by taking part in earlier events, much in the same way as MGS3 sets up the Patriots (before MGS4 smashed that whole thing to bits).

As interesting as that would be I doubt that will actually be the case but you never know.
Posted Image
Yeah, I know it. You must be a real threat in the muktuk eating contest.

BigSexy856
Member Avatar
As They Burn....Add More Gasoline. :)
If MGS5 is about the Boss... Im sure as hell not buying that shit!!!!!!

MGS5 could be another BB game "1 LAST GAME" before MG... which I don't know why GZ can't be that
MGS5 could be Snake's orgins before MG, MG/MG2 all together in one game.
MGS5 could be after MGS4 just that something happens in GZ to pulled the trigger for the events in MGS5.. maybe another threat will happen if Zero died with his plans... Dumb idea but it's a something to think about.

OR

This will be another series in the MGS series... there's BB series & there's SS series & now Raiden's series!
Edited by BigSexy856, Sep 5 2012, 04:30:10 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin Global Moderator Forum Moderator Emeritus Member Validating Banned