Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Official Assassin's Creed chat topic
Topic Started: Jan 23 2009, 06:35:54 AM (62,446 Views)
jonhou
Member Avatar
Tengu Commando
http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/01/22/ubisoft-confirms-tons-ofnew-game/
Seems like Assassins Creed 2 will be out this year. And a new Ninja turtles game too.
Edited by jonhou, May 3 2009, 10:18:11 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dJdC
Member Avatar
TEAM SLUG
Nice find bro I have been waiting for this.

Digitaldude
Member Avatar
T L O U
I really do hope its better than the first one.
Didnt they already say they were releasing a trilogy before the first AC came out?
Posted Image

MalAlmighty
Member Avatar
>>New_Targeting_Param: >>>FUCK_YOU_userGroup
Assassins creed was good for like the first hour.

Then you realized it was the same thing.

over. and over.

and over.
and over.
and over.

Hopefully they'll fix that.
Posted Image
Know what I hate? Peanutbutter. It sticks to your nipples

Tamashi_7
Member Avatar
Ordo Ab Chao
MalAlmighty
Jan 23 2009, 07:51:06 AM

over. and over.

and over.
and over.
and over.

lol.

I can't help but notice the irony in that when we look at your favoritism of Final Fantasy's previous gameplay. For most people, THAT is the ultimate example of the same thing over-and-over. The new stuff isn't much better in that regard, either, but it's not quite as repetitive and drawn-out as it used to be.

Anyway — Assassin's Creed 2 should be awesome. ^_^

jonhou
Member Avatar
Tengu Commando
Yeah it will be awesome. @Digitaldude: yeah they said that if the first game was succesful they would make it a trilogy. Now that AC2 is comming then I assume that the first had enough succes, eventhough I thought it was somewhat mediocre. Can't wait for the 2nd one though. 2009 is going to be great: Prototype, Infameous, AC2 and Ghostbusters.

Helikaon
Member Avatar
I am the night!
MalAlmighty
Jan 23 2009, 07:51:06 AM

over. and over.

and over.
and over.
and over.

Can that not be said for every single videogame though? The only game I can think of in recent memory that isn't the exact same thing over and over is MGS 4 and that's only true for the last two chapters of the game.

Been waiting for this confirmation since I finished the first game.

Ooh and a new Ghost Recon game.
Posted Image
The less people know about the truth, the more they can fantasize.

My blog! Clicky clicky.
PSN ID: doctorstrangesf

dJdC
Member Avatar
TEAM SLUG
I really dont consider this game really as good example of repetition. Your an Assassin, your job is to kill people. So obviously in the game your going to assassinate a lot of people. One thing that game had, after you killed a boss, was that you had that poetic coversation before the target died. I thought everyone one of those were great.

TwizzY
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
they need to make a Rogue Spear 2...that would make my day lol
character - twz
level - 12
NA servers

Salazhar
Member Avatar
Too big to pay attention to 'em
Good news. Just wait until SolidSnake52 gets here. :D
Posted Image

NateDog
Member Avatar
We have arrived.
Finally.
Thanks jonhou, I've been dying for this for ages.

Really looking forward to it. It'd be amazing if it was out this year aswell. ^_^
Watch this space.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MalAlmighty
Member Avatar
Of course a lot of games are repetitive, but most of them actually have some sort of developement.

Assassins Creed was basically talking to a guy, then killing the guy he wanted you to kill.

Then talking to another guy, and killing the guy he wanted you to kill.

...Then talking to another guy, and killing the guy he wants you to kill.

......Then talking to another guy, and killing the guy he wants you to kill.

Until you eventually have to go to a new city, where, you guess it... you talk to another guy, and kill who he wants you to kill.

And again, and again, and again.

There wasn't really any developement or sense of progression.

It's one of the only games I never finished because it got way too repetitive.
Posted Image

dJdC
Member Avatar
TEAM SLUG
Well I don't want to spoil the story for you if you never beat the game but there was a reason for that. The gameplay is repetitive but the story of the game makes it that way.

Tamashi_7
Member Avatar
Ordo Ab Chao
MalAlmighty: You do realize you can dumb-down any game or story like that, right?

For example:

In MGS, you get told to take out a boss, then that boss yabbers on about some crap for half an hour, so then you go and kill another boss, and another boss, and another boss; all the while listening to long-ass conversations would could actually be summed up in a few words, if they really wanted to.

In Final Fantasy, all you do is walk around some fictional planet killing imaginary creatures and bosses that show themselves from time-to-time; all the while you're getting pissed because wait I have battled those same two enemies in a fight over 50 times already!

In GTA, the only thing you do is drive around town and do jobs for people who're too fuckin' lazy to do it themselves. Then, when your character gets tired of being used, he decides he's gonna start taking over town and doing shit his way but the missions never really change. It's always shoot this guy, steal those drugs, take his car and smash it, etc., etc.

In Resident Evil, all you really do is kill a bunch of zombies whilst walking around waiting to get ambushed by some hideous and mutated creature.

In most WWII games, all we're doing is advancing to different points by killing any Nazi scum who get in our way. But, don't worry, that's okay killing Nazis NEVER gets old, right?

Case in point: whilst it can be easily seen that way, it isn't the most realistic viewpoint.
Edited by Tamashi_7, Jan 24 2009, 11:47:09 AM.

NateDog
Member Avatar
We have arrived.
I have to agree with Tam there. Almost every game is the exact same if you want to dumb it down like that.
dJdC

Well I don't want to spoil the story for you if you never beat the game but there was a reason for that.
Also a good point.
Assassin's Creed isn't as much of an enjoyable game if you don't follow / aren't interested in the story. The story and gameplay are both well connected. You are an assassin after all, which does mean you're gonna have to kill people.
Watch this space.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tamashi_7
Member Avatar
Ordo Ab Chao
I drew a few interesting comparisons from Assassin's Creed to MGS when I played the game.

Spoiler: click to toggle

It's interesting. No wonder Kojima loves the game. :P
Edited by Tamashi_7, Jan 24 2009, 02:13:24 PM.

Webbie
Member Avatar
THUG ROSE!
While the first Assassin's Creed got repetitive to me after completing it, the gameplay was facking awesome IMO. I loved taking out crowds of guards with a single blade. It looks/feels great to me. Also all of the running/jumping/climbing and all that was quite smooth and also felt real good, so I hope all of those things stay, I just hope they do something to make the game more interesting once you've completed it your first time.
Posted Image

MalAlmighty
Member Avatar
Like I said, sure, all games are repetitive in their own ways, but assassins creed takes it to a whole new level.

Every mission in the game is basically exactly the same as the first one. Other games change and progress as you get further in, Assassins Creed is pretty much doing the first mission over and over thorought the whole game. They could have just made the game with one mission, and made it so you had to complete it 100 times to beat the game. It woulda given the same experience.
Posted Image

Tamashi_7
Member Avatar
Ordo Ab Chao
I don't see how there's any progress in Final Fantasy's gameplay, either — it's all the same, but with different creatures to fight (even though you probably will have to battle the same creature about 300 times).

Hmm. :ermm:

MalAlmighty
Member Avatar
How about the fact that you go to new places, meet new people, gain new characters to play with, get stronger and get new skills and weapons? Uncover more of the story, character developement, etc, etc, etc.

Hmm. :ermm:

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Gaming Chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin Global Moderator Forum Moderator Member Validating Banned