Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Big Boss politics?
Topic Started: Mar 31 2013, 03:37:16 AM (1,333 Views)
LibertySon500
Heavily-Armed Trooper
what would he be on the political spectrum.... left, right.....moderate.... or would he be radical, far-let, far-right etc.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fly!ng Fox
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
Independent or right
Sorry nothing to back that up, I'm at a gastropub. :) cheers
Posted Image
Join Dead Cell!
Loyalty to the end

black king
Member Avatar
...Burger King?

Probably none. I think after Snake Eater, he developed a strong distrust for politics and politicians.

Posted Image
The Rules | My MTG Decks

Awards

OJ
Member Avatar
Learning to dab
His obsession with autonomy is one of the main driving forces of the series, so he obviously has very strong anarchist or at least libertarian leanings. He doesn't strike me as someone who cares much for ideology though.

Tacticalbarrelroll
Jail Guard
Well, according to Peacewalker, It turns out He's a Che Guevara fan who helped train and arm the Marxist guerrillas who would eventually overthrow the Nicaraguan government.
Also worth noting is the fact that he also just so happens to give away free food, and healthcare on his equal opportunity military clubhouse in the middle of the ocean that conveniently happens to be powered by solar energy.

Take what you will from that, but I think he leans just a tad bit to the left.
Edited by Tacticalbarrelroll, Mar 31 2013, 04:47:21 AM.

SolidusSnake89
Member Avatar
Hi-Tech Soldier
If you look at the contrasting positions of Zero and Big Boss it kinda reminds me of the extremely bi-polar and deficient american political system. From my understanding there is a liberal and a conservative political party and they fight over everything. Zero seems like he would be the conservative trying to control everything and impose his will. Big Boss seems like he would be the liberal striving for complete equality (although under the direction of anarchy). But in reality I don't think he had any political interests. Especially after Snake Eater. He was just done with political bullshit.

GreatBeyonder
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
I seriously would not trust BB's opinion on anything not related to war. Even then, "More war!" is not the best platform to run on. The most he knows about abortion and stemcell research comes from Les Enfant Terribles. The name "Soldiers without Borders" should give you some hint of his thoughts on immigration and border protection. He doesn't believe in God but insists Santa is real, so that rules out the entire right wing from voting for him. Likely doesn't know anyone who doesn't own a gun, so gun control would be an odd concept. He is utterly oblivious to the concept of homosexuality, so there goes that debate. He helped start the most powerful military-industrial complex (The Patriots) in history and then spent the rest of his life fighting it, therefore national security is probably a sore point with it.

In other words, I think its best to leave BB alone during election season...
Going over the Moon... the fun way!!

SolidusSnake89
Member Avatar
Hi-Tech Soldier
^
Posted Image

GreatBeyonder
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
Awww, tee hee! :wub:
Going over the Moon... the fun way!!

Rooster
Member Avatar
Listen in awe and you'll hear him...cluck at the moon!
SolidusSnake89
Mar 31 2013, 11:10:35 PM
If you look at the contrasting positions of Zero and Big Boss it kinda reminds me of the extremely bi-polar and deficient american political system. From my understanding there is a liberal and a conservative political party and they fight over everything. Zero seems like he would be the conservative trying to control everything and impose his will. Big Boss seems like he would be the liberal striving for complete equality (although under the direction of anarchy). But in reality I don't think he had any political interests. Especially after Snake Eater. He was just done with political bullshit.
I think it would be the other way around.

Zero and the Patriots are more like Democrats, big government, government regulates everything right down to what you're allowed to say, tons of government jobs, gigantic budgets and even bigger taxes

Big Boss would be more like an independent or an old school conservative (the new Repulican party doesn't know what it is) more individual freedom, smaller government, less spending & fewer taxes, deregulation, big military budgets
[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]
DrEdArgon
May 1 2014, 08:56:41 PM
She had some mental problems and was locked away in mental health facility (or torture prisons in her words) approx. every six months for weeks, sometimes months. Let me see if I can find some pictures of those cats.

Tom Cruise
Member Avatar
Ultimate
lol this thread again
DEAD CELL 4 LIFE 4 EVER
R.I.P. GARY

Posted Image

Weedle_McHairybug
Hi-Tech Soldier
I know it's late, but might as well give my two cents into this.

If we go by games made prior to Peace Walker, I'd probably say based on Solidus and even Liquid's actions and views in honor of Big Boss that he's conservative or at the very least Right Wing (Solidus, aside from obviously trying to model himself after Big Boss obsessively, also intended to restore America back to what the Founding Fathers, in particular George Washington, envisioned for the country [can't imagine any liberal supporting that], and as far as Liquid, well, he and his Sons of Big Boss group were labeled as a "radical right wing" terror group if the New York Mirror review of Nastasha Romanenko's book is of any indication.). Plus, his disgust towards the Les Enfant Terribles project suggests he is NOT fond of cloning, embryonic stem cell research, or abortion. His position on homosexuality is ambiguous, since MGS3 suggested he wasn't even familiar with the concept, and even in Peace Walker, his interactions indicate he was surprised by Strangelove being a lesbian. I'm hesitant to say he was an anarchist, though. Technically, an anarchist would not have any need for a military, while Big Boss explicitly wanted a nation by and for soldiers, a modern day Sparta if you will. Heck, in the Peace Walker drama tapes and Portable Ops, Big Boss tended to support Government soldiers over Communist rebels (in the former, he was explicitly fighting as a mercenary for the Colombian Government when he fought Miller, who was obviously fighting on the Rebels side, and as far as the latter, Null after being beaten for the second time mentioned this was not the "first time" Big Boss beat him in battle and watched over him, with the only other time Big Boss ever fought against him prior to the events of the game being when he fought in the Mozambician War of Independence, and since Null/Frank Jaegar was explicitly a FRELIMO child soldier, it's pretty obvious Big Boss was serving the Portugese soldiers at that time). Plus, some of his comments regarding Paz and Immanuel Kant indicate he sees legislating war into being illegal as being very stupid and short-sighted, and overall came across as someone who supported the second amendment.

I'm not going to go into Peace Walker, though... making Big Boss a Che fanboy, alongside Miller, was a huge mistake if you ask me (there was literally nothing pointing to him supporting someone like Che, and if anything, everything would have pointed AGAINST him being a Che supporter, from him serving the Colombian anti-Communist government in the briefing files to prior experience with Colonel Volgin, right down to him blaming the Cuban Missile Crisis for indirectly forcing him to kill The Boss [and in case you're wondering how the CMC related to Che, it's simple really: Che was pretty much the reason why the CMC got as close to all-out Nuclear War as it did].). That came across more of Kojima forcing in his politics at the expense of the story, sort of like how George Lucas revealed that the Old Republic didn't even have a military until the Clone Wars and in fact their creating a military at all was treated in a very negative light, in an obvious attempt at forcing in his anti-war beliefs, or how he needlessly implied that the Jedi adhered to moral relativism despite past lore and even to a certain extent Revenge of the Sith itself indicating they believed in a firm sense of right and wrong all as an attempt to stick it to George Bush in Revenge of the Sith (you know what I'm referring to: "Only a Sith Deals in Absolutes).
Edited by Weedle_McHairybug, Apr 16 2018, 02:41:42 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Metal Gear General · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin Global Moderator Forum Moderator Member Validating Banned