Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
COOKING CHAT; yum yums.
Topic Started: Oct 28 2013, 08:12:44 PM (1,335 Views)
Tommybabes PWP. x
Member Avatar
XOF COMANDANTE
so I was thinking:

dried borlotti beans soaked over night, with diced potato and Italian sausage(with fennel) cooked in a pasta sauce. of which started of with a garlic, onion and herb base.

serve with some small pasta "al dente".

BADABING :cookiemonster:
Posted Image

Honorary sig from blindfox

XOF's new 4 point custom sigs
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Agent
Member Avatar

Good idea, keep this thread alive.

I'm looking for a way to use lentils in baked pasta, if anyone has any advice.

Tommybabes PWP. x
Member Avatar
XOF COMANDANTE
Medulla Oblongata
Oct 28 2013, 08:22:41 PM
Good idea, keep this thread alive.

I'm looking for a way to use lentils in baked pasta, if anyone has any advice.
maybe try a fusion indian style lentils like Daal, mixed into the pasta, with perhaps pork to help balance it out??? use some mozzarella to help neutralise and bind everything together???

or perhaps a fish based recipe (of the top of my head ] if it's disgusting my bad):

olive oil in the pan, garlic and onion and some of those little anchovies (for a deep and salty flavour)
then pre-cook the lentils add them to the mix, get some kinda white fish. and also you're pasta.

use perhaps mozzarella to bind it, and also maybe little bit of parmesan, don't forget to taste as you go seasoning it along the way.
Edited by Tommybabes PWP. x, Oct 28 2013, 08:32:59 PM.
Posted Image

Jassassino
Member Avatar
Avocados at law.

So I tried cooking Scrambled eggs with butter instead of oil yesterday, it turns out too much like a half-solid omelette, anybody got a fix for this or know if you need to use a specific amount of butter?
Posted Image
Piss off, ghost!
Rest in Peace, OS.

Welcome to the Gallery
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rooster
Member Avatar
Listen in awe and you'll hear him...cluck at the moon!
Jassassino
Oct 28 2013, 08:35:14 PM
So I tried cooking Scrambled eggs with butter instead of oil yesterday, it turns out too much like a half-solid omelette, anybody got a fix for this or know if you need to use a specific amount of butter?
I've always used bacon grease.
[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]
DrEdArgon
May 1 2014, 08:56:41 PM
She had some mental problems and was locked away in mental health facility (or torture prisons in her words) approx. every six months for weeks, sometimes months. Let me see if I can find some pictures of those cats.

A Big Crocodile
Member Avatar
Filthy casuals

Jassassino
You probably used way too much butter. When I make scrambled eggs I always use very little oil or butter. Just so that the bottom of the pan is slightly greased. Eggs are initially liquid anyway, so the risk of burning it is quite low. Unless you don't know what you're doing ofcourse.
[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]
A Big Bad Croc's Big Bad Bragging Blog || My Soundcloud || My Mixcloud

Forever a boss

Jassassino
Member Avatar
Avocados at law.

W32.Aphex@mm
Oct 28 2013, 10:05:36 PM
Jassassino
You probably used way too much butter. When I make scrambled eggs I always use very little oil or butter. Just so that the bottom of the pan is slightly greased. Eggs are initially liquid anyway, so the risk of burning it is quite low. Unless you don't know what you're doing ofcourse.
Some shitty guide told me to use two tea-spoons of butter, which confused the fuck out of me(Because for one, you normally say 'Nobs of butter' and two, who even cuts butter with a teaspoon?) so next time I'm just going to use a small bit, I want to get good at cooking this with butter instead of oil because it's meant to taste nicer. ~
Posted Image
Piss off, ghost!
Rest in Peace, OS.

Welcome to the Gallery

Rooster
Member Avatar
teaspoon is a measurement we use in the US.
DrEdArgon
She had some mental problems and was locked away in mental health facility (or torture prisons in her words) approx. every six months for weeks, sometimes months. Let me see if I can find some pictures of those cats.

Shackleford
Member Avatar
The Jon Jones of MGSF

W32.Aphex@mm
Jassassino
This guy knows the egg deal.

Best scrambled eggs have a good deal of brown to em. Can't stand runny or wet eggs. I also put a bit of salt and a shitload of pepper in while I'm whipping the eggs.
Intandem fite me pussy
Posted Image

Spoiler: click to toggle

DrEdArgon
Member Avatar
AKA The Game Eater!
Yeah, pretty much the same when doing those eggs. And as for that brown thing - I try to get them off the pan before "good deal" of brown shows up, usually just little bit - depending if I'm doing something else on the pan or not.

@ Rooster - we use teaspoon as well.
Posted Image
FoxHound Insider Battle Round 1 || YouTube Channel (WARNING! Autoplay)
Awards

Rooster
Member Avatar
ManPie
Nov 4 2013, 05:25:10 PM
W32.Aphex@mm
Jassassino
This guy knows the egg deal.

Best scrambled eggs have a good deal of brown to em. Can't stand runny or wet eggs. I also put a bit of salt and a shitload of pepper in while I'm whipping the eggs.
I've always put a splash of milk in while beating the eggs, keeps them fluffy. Also I don't use butter or oil, I use bacon grease. I don't add salt or pepper while cooking them, that's best done at the table imo.

Edit:@ Dr. Ed: I thought "nobs of butter" sounded strange.
Edited by Rooster, Nov 4 2013, 06:08:10 PM.
DrEdArgon

Shackleford
Member Avatar
The Jon Jones of MGSF

1 bloop of milk per egg is my way. Everyone should know what a bloop is. Just a quick little pour, a half second bloop.
Intandem fite me pussy
Posted Image

Tommybabes PWP. x
Member Avatar
XOF COMANDANTE
in my head bloop does make more sense than say 25ml same with splash of milk acc.

OT- anyone tried bacon with syrup??? In my head it sounds strangely delicious, though it might not be.
Edited by Tommybabes PWP. x, Nov 6 2013, 09:18:44 PM.
Posted Image

Jassassino
Member Avatar
Avocados at law.

Never, but I remember trying syrup and sugar sandwiches when I was younger. Very sweet. Another combination like that is apples and smoked cheese, some old woman recommended it to me in a shop when I was buying cheese and so it's turned out to be a favourite combination.

Anyone got any tips for making other resources/substances(Like, mushroom, sausage, etc.) stay in an omelette? Mine always seem to just, flop out?
Posted Image
Piss off, ghost!
Rest in Peace, OS.

Welcome to the Gallery

Agent
Member Avatar

Jassassino
Nov 6 2013, 09:28:26 PM
Anyone got any tips for making other resources/substances(Like, mushroom, sausage, etc.) stay in an omelette? Mine always seem to just, flop out?
I just fry that stuff first, and then pour the omelette mixture in over that.

NateDog
Member Avatar
We have arrived.
For some reason when I'm unable to eat when ill I gain the desire to cook or bake. So I'm going to be trying this weekend to cook some Indian foods since it's something I'd like to know how to do, namely samosas, pakoras and onion bhajis (all vegetarian so vegetables only).

Heading in to pick up the majority of the stuff I need for it tomorrow after college probably. I'm normally dire at cooking because I'm so lazy so I hope but don't exactly expect.
Watch this space.

Shackleford
Member Avatar
The Jon Jones of MGSF

If you can't figure out what a bloop is, you don't have/deserve a penis.
Edited by Shackleford, Nov 7 2013, 07:02:06 AM.
Intandem fite me pussy
Posted Image

Gene
Member Avatar

Rooster
Oct 28 2013, 09:11:01 PM
Jassassino
I've always used bacon grease.
Rooster knows the way!

I've recently started cooking more, being at uni 3 days a week leaves me with a lot of free time. So far I'm enjoying it, and my stuff is pretty tasty. Started off small though, I've just cooked things like chicken and potatoes, stir fry and a couple of curries (with the stir in sauce). Going to have a go at doing a joint of beef with veg' soon though I think.

I prefer my cooking to everyone else's who lives in the house though, I think it's because I actually bother using salt whilst cooking. I'll take the raised blood pressure if it means my meal is tasty.
Posted Image
FOXHOUND RECRUITMENT V.4 // FOXHOUND PODCAST #16// FOXHOUND Broadcasting

Bames Jond
Member Avatar
now this is pod racing

Curry is great, I make some tasty massaman and spicy potato corries. Just takes forever to chop everything up and get it ready so I save that for weekends.

Right now cooking some rice and beans. Cheap AND nutritious. Can't go wrong.

Dr Strangelove
Member Avatar
A Sophisticated Goofball
I just got done cooking and partly consuming some Lentil Soup. (As a Vegetarian, you need your protein, and lentils have a lot of protein)
It was pretty good. This is around my fifth time making it.
Now I wouldn't call it anything special either. It keeps me alive, and that's all I need to know.

I of course took it from a recipe on the internet, but modified it. (usually for me that means I excluded some things)
Start with cutting a onion, and a carrot. (Though I buy the carrots cut, because that stuff is hard to cut as it is)
Pretty sure I don't know the proper way to cut an onion, I peel it, then chop it to bits. Though perfection isn't expected.
Dab of Veggie Oil in a Pot, throw the cut Onion and carrot in, and fry um for about 5 minutes.
I then drown it with Vegetable Broth. Followed by some Ground Thyme, Garlic, Pepper, Salt, and the actual lentils.
Stir it around and simmer for about 40 minutes. Served with Buttered Bread/Toast.

That, and I'll have left overs.
Posted Image
Additional Awards

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Off-Topic Chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin Global Moderator Forum Moderator Member Validating Banned