Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Marvel Cinematic Universe; Avengers Assemble...
Topic Started: Apr 25 2014, 03:54:26 PM (9,153 Views)
DMFox
Member Avatar
Hi-Tech Soldier
Since there's SO many MCU movies coming out that are allegedly planned until 2028... Why not make a thread to discuss all of them? That way things aren't scattered.

Anyway, I found this picture of movies that are supposedly going to be released by 2018. Anyone have confirmation of this??

Posted Image

And the Avengers 2 Age of Ultron looks to be quite promising, they're making it a point to NOT make it the same movie as "The Avengers".

So I'm excited to see what it will bring. I cannot wait for Guardians of the Galaxy as well as Captain America: The Winter Soldier being absolutely phenominal, imo of course.

I"m quite excited to see what the future brings for the MCU.
Edited by DMFox, Apr 25 2014, 03:54:54 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Baneposter
Member Avatar
Only me

I was disappointed when I learned that Viggo Mortensen won't be playing Doctor Strange. I can practically see him in that Doctor Strange outfit but nope, won't happen.
Posted Image
Spoiler: click to toggle
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CQTsuchinoko
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
I'm really worried that one day I'm gonna get sick of these movies, but as it stands now, they're keeping it all interesting.

Captain America was awesome. So many epic moments:

Ironman 3 was sweet too. Best of all 3 imo. I understand a lot of people didn't like what they did with the Mandarin, but not knowing a lot about him before hand I was spared the betrayal whiplash. Plus it seems like they're trying to make amends now.

Thor 2 was good. Lots of funny moments but not as awesome over all. Looking forward to Chris Pratt in Guardians of the Galaxy and Edgar Wright's Antman too.
Edited by CQTsuchinoko, Apr 25 2014, 06:02:06 PM.

DMFox
Member Avatar
Hi-Tech Soldier
Guardians looks to be amazing simply because the tone, the setting, the EVERYTHING is VERY different than the rest of the MCU at this point.
Posted Image

Previous Signature

black king
Member Avatar
...Burger King?

I'm liking the MCU. I wish DC would get it's stuff together too (Marvel's making a movie about a racoon and they can't even get Wonder Woman)

Looking forward to GotG and A2 right now :)

Posted Image
The Rules | My MTG Decks

Awards

DMFox
Member Avatar
Hi-Tech Soldier
black king
Apr 25 2014, 06:28:15 PM
I'm liking the MCU. I wish DC would get it's stuff together too (Marvel's making a movie about a racoon and they can't even get Wonder Woman)

Looking forward to GotG and A2 right now :)
A2 just keeps looking more promising. I'm quite excited for it. I wish Fox and Disney would suck it up so the X-Men could eventually be involved... I mean the fact that Scarlet Witch AND Quicksilver are BOTH gonna be in the Avengers is upsetting because they can't even use the word "Mutant"... AND THE 2 ARE MAGNETO'S FUCKING KIDS.

But other than that, they're gonna do the best with what they've got, which is good because Quicksilver is ACTUALLY a HUGE part of the Avengers. So I hope they do it right. But as it stands now, it looks like they are somewhat against the Avengers, could be a plot device or they could flop sides later... but fingers crossed that it works out right...

"They're not very happy with The Avengers. Their powers are not insignificant and they're quite different from what the Avengers have faced before."

I, too, wish DC would pull their shit together too. I mean... It's kind of hard because so many people are wrapped up in the MCU to where the only thing "DC" that stands out is The Dark Knight Trilogy and Man of Steel, and the two can't even be intertwined...

Also, the stuff that Joss Whedon is saying about Avengers 2 is really exciting... even if it is semi-cryptic...

"I'm having a blast with Ultron. He's not a creature of logic - he's a robot who's genuinely disturbed. We're finding out what makes him menacing and at the same time endearing and funny and strange and unexpected, and everything a robot never is."

"This, palette-wise, is very different. I'm trying to make a different film. Because why would you make one movie twice? That seems weird."
Posted Image

Previous Signature

Heisenberg
Member Avatar
MGSF Patriot
Honestly, Marvel movies are a guilty pleasure of mine. They could probably hand me a plate literally of shit and I'd still give it a "10/10 Would Bang!"
Posted Image

FOX-HOUND Award

DMFox
Member Avatar
Hi-Tech Soldier
Inspector_Swag
Apr 25 2014, 08:02:33 PM
Honestly, Marvel movies are a guilty pleasure of mine. They could probably hand me a plate literally of shit and I'd still give it a "10/10 Would Bang!"
My feelings exactly, but I can also tell when one is better than another... Captain 2 was definitely one of the better ones as of recent Marvel films. Not JUST because of the action either.
Posted Image

Previous Signature

Gene
Member Avatar

I actually watched Avengers Assemble the other day and I was surprised how good it was to be honest. Marvel movies in the past have always been 'alright' but the newer films such as Thor, Captain America, Iron man 2 (I haven't watched the first yet as it's not on Netflix) TASM and the Avengers have really been kick ass.

Posted Image
FOXHOUND RECRUITMENT V.4 // FOXHOUND PODCAST #16// FOXHOUND Broadcasting

Vergil

Wow, I wonder how long before over saturation kills these movies.
Don't get me wrong I like them but we've got like 5 years worth of these movies coming up.
Will they still be as interesting in 5 years?

CQTsuchinoko
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
Don't be ridiculous. We'll never get bored of super heroes through over-saturation.
I mean just look at Zombi-ohhhh shit.

In all seriousness, as long as they keep making films with different tones and styles, it should be OK.
I mean lots of movies had super powers before adapting comic books into movies became a big thing.

Hulk was a monster movie. Captain America was WWII epic and then a spy thriller. Thor epic fantasy and Ironman... little harder to pin down... terrorism, fighter jet, then a little James Bondy in the third film.

And the Marvel movies have the advantage of being semi hybrid given that they're all episodes in a larger narrative while still being stand alone films themselves.

There're gonna be misses along the line. That's just inevitable. TBH, I'm not too keen on The Amazing Spiderman, Shield didn't hold my attention [although I hear it's meant to get better] and I wasn't too impressed by the pilot for The Tomorrow People.

We'll just have to see how it plays out.
Edited by CQTsuchinoko, Apr 28 2014, 12:07:09 AM.

Jassassino
Member Avatar
Avocados at law.

Since when was the Tomorrow People Marvel?
Also, I thought Hulk was kinda shit tbh. TASM is great, Captain America: The First Avenger... eh. Haven't seen the second. Iron Man is amazing, 2 is pretty good and 3 is better than 2. Thor and Thor The Dark World are both pretty good but not exactly the pride of Marvel.I think when people consider bad Marvel films, they think Daredevil, Elektra, HULK and Spider-Man 3.

Though. I actually quite liked Daredevil and Elektra. I didn't mind the first Fantastic Four either.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Rest in Peace, OS.

Welcome to the Gallery

Suede
Member Avatar
Psychotic Biotic

Out of the Marvel movies release so far, the ones I like are:

Blade/Blade II
X-Men/X2
Spider-Man/2
Iron Man
The Avengers

The rest I've seen are watchable.
Posted ImageRest in peace, Joe.
Awards

CQTsuchinoko
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
Jassassino
Apr 28 2014, 12:41:20 AM
I was just talking about the Super Hero genre in general.
BTW, I know they're very different creatures, but do you prefer the new Spider-man movies over the Raimi ones?

Jassassino
Member Avatar
Avocados at law.

DMFox
Apr 25 2014, 03:54:26 PM
Since there's SO many MCU movies coming out that are allegedly planned until 2028... Why not make a thread to discuss all of them? That way things aren't scattered.

Anyway, I found this picture of movies that are supposedly going to be released by 2018. Anyone have confirmation of this??

Posted Image

And the Avengers 2 Age of Ultron looks to be quite promising, they're making it a point to NOT make it the same movie as "The Avengers".

So I'm excited to see what it will bring. I cannot wait for Guardians of the Galaxy as well as Captain America: The Winter Soldier being absolutely phenominal, imo of course.

I think I'm certain that The Invincible Iron Man, Thor: Ragnarok and Avengers 3 are fake titles. I remember reading something about Robert Downey Jr. Wanting to leave Iron Man and Marvel after his next film before he got typecasted.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Rest in Peace, OS.

Welcome to the Gallery

The Baneposter
Member Avatar
Only me

Hah. 5 years? they've got movies planned up to 2028. Yes, you heard me folks, 2028. That's like..6 Avenger phases or something?
I think what they're trying to do is sustain a comic book like format with those movies, you know how comic books keep going with a monthly format, and you have some big events here or there, but for the most part they're individual series?
Posted Image

DMFox
Member Avatar
Hi-Tech Soldier
Jassassino
Apr 28 2014, 02:18:57 AM
DMFox
Apr 25 2014, 03:54:26 PM

Posted Image

I think I'm certain that The Invincible Iron Man, Thor: Ragnarok and Avengers 3 are fake titles. I remember reading something about Robert Downey Jr. Wanting to leave Iron Man and Marvel after his next film before he got typecasted.
Downey has signed his life away to two more Avenger's films (Avengers 2 and 3). Phase 3 leading up to the Avengers 3 has already been planned out. they have an outline of what they want done by 2028. The fourth Iron Man film is still up in the air.

The names are an educated guess at best. But Thor 3's story is speculated to take place at Ragnarok.

Avengers 3 is most definitely a place-holder. But the main plot seems like it will be revolving around Thanos.
Posted Image

Previous Signature

Jassassino
Member Avatar
Avocados at law.

But none of those which I listed are confirmed which was my point. :cookiemonster:
Edited by Jassassino, Apr 28 2014, 02:34:41 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Rest in Peace, OS.

Welcome to the Gallery

DMFox
Member Avatar
Hi-Tech Soldier
Maybe not the exact titles, but the point of the picture was just to spark conversation and excitement. Talk about the possible future movies. I mean technically we don't even know for sure yet.
Posted Image

Previous Signature

Gene
Member Avatar

Jassassino
Apr 28 2014, 12:41:20 AM
Also, I thought Hulk was kinda shit tbh. TASM is great, Captain America: The First Avenger... eh. Haven't seen the second. Iron Man is amazing, 2 is pretty good and 3 is better than 2. Thor and Thor The Dark World are both pretty good but not exactly the pride of Marvel.I think when people consider bad Marvel films, they think Daredevil, Elektra, HULK and Spider-Man 3.

Though. I actually quite liked Daredevil and Elektra. I didn't mind the first Fantastic Four either.
I thought HULK was terrible to be honest. I haven't watched The Incredible Hulk (new one) though so I can't really comment on that.

I thought Daredevil and Elektra were pretty decent as well, they're good easy watching films.

Blade/Blade II are fantastic films though, I think a lot of people forget that Blade came from Marvel though.
Posted Image
FOXHOUND RECRUITMENT V.4 // FOXHOUND PODCAST #16// FOXHOUND Broadcasting

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Movies & T.V Chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin Global Moderator Forum Moderator Member Validating Banned