Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
General Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Chat; all random chat, speculation, and information goes here
Topic Started: Feb 11 2013, 02:10:18 PM (760,290 Views)
NateDog
Member Avatar
We have arrived.
Since there has been an outbreak of threads for rather small things that could have gone in a more general thread, here is one for everyone.
Watch this space.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Baneposter
Member Avatar
Only me

Do you guys think the game will be buggy?
Posted Image
Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

StableChaos
Member Avatar
Crab battle!
Aragorn
Feb 11 2013, 03:12:13 PM
Given that Kojima is a perfectionist when it comes to details in the MGS games, and he's making this himself, no. Say what you will about MGS4, but it didn't need a patch like every other game that comes out nowadays. The man makes solid games ;)
Posted Image
Raiden: "My sword is only a means to justice!"

Big Boss: "The meaning of justice can change from one day to the next. A professional soldier never brings justice into the mission. The only ones who need a reason to fight, are the ones who fight for a living."

Captain Jack Sparrow
Member Avatar
ABSOLUTA
Aragorn
Feb 11 2013, 03:12:13 PM
Well, AC Brotherhood did had a lot of slow-downs, specially when there was a lot of roman citizens together in the same place. I don´t think that this will happen in GZ, becaus, even if there is 1000 soldiers in a certain base from a certain trailer, all of them surely wouldn´t go to the same place, leaving opening for another intruders, this is what never happens in real life.

Off topic: One of the most WTF moments of MGS4 was me, entering that section before the REX hangar, with only two dwarf gekkos patrolling, then i shot one with the SOCOM, triggering the caution mode, then a hundred of dwarf gekkos appeared from those holes and didn´t stopped coming out. It was like a black rain coming from the fucking floor. I hid Snake in the box, of course, but they took so many space in that corridor, that the wave of dwarf gekkos reached the box. But this WTF moment was very, extremely buggy. What the hell was Kojima thinking when he made that part? Why couldn´t shadow moses have normal guards, that aren´t excessively skilled like the FROGS or ´´can´t do nothing with them´´ like those scarabs? anyway, there´s my misadventure.
Liquid, you´re outdated!
Posted Image

The Baneposter
Member Avatar
Only me

I don't know, first time dealing with a Open World game, might be ACIII again.
Posted Image

Webbie
Member Avatar
THUG ROSE!
I'm expecting GZ to be a masterpiece. Kojima delivers.
Posted Image

Captain Jack Sparrow
Member Avatar
ABSOLUTA
Webbie
Feb 12 2013, 05:18:14 PM
I'm expecting GZ to be a masterpiece. Kojima delivers.
Liquid, you´re outdated!
Posted Image

Webbie
Member Avatar
THUG ROSE!
That was your father's expression the morning he woke up next to your mom.
Posted Image

Captain Jack Sparrow
Member Avatar
ABSOLUTA
People from MSGF really dislike humor.

On topic: This thread is so sleepy and semi-dead...
Edited by Captain Jack Sparrow, Feb 13 2013, 01:30:21 AM.
Liquid, you´re outdated!
Posted Image

StableChaos
Member Avatar
Crab battle!
Captain Jack Sparrow
Feb 13 2013, 01:30:04 AM

Well what do you expect? We have only one trailer and handful of information at our disposal. There isn't exactly a ton of relevant stuff to talk about that hasn't already been talked about to death already. Until MGR:R is out and we finally get some new info on GZ, all we're going to have is speculation with no real solid evidence to base it off of, or no discussion at all.
Posted Image
Raiden: "My sword is only a means to justice!"

Big Boss: "The meaning of justice can change from one day to the next. A professional soldier never brings justice into the mission. The only ones who need a reason to fight, are the ones who fight for a living."

Neoblack0
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
StableChaos
Feb 13 2013, 01:47:02 AM
Captain Jack Sparrow

Well what do you expect? We have only one trailer and handful of information at our disposal. There isn't exactly a ton of relevant stuff to talk about that hasn't already been talked about to death already. Until MGR:R is out and we finally get some new info on GZ, all we're going to have is speculation with no real solid evidence to base it off of, or no discussion at all.
Very true...Ive actually just sat and thought and thought about topics to get to people talking again and ill i came up with was difficulty speculation.I was sincerely interested in what people thought and wanted,but not only do we(again)not have enough information,but no one really seems to be interested.
Posted Image

Please excuse any grammatical error.My cellular devices Auto-Erect sucks.

Cobra Commander
Member Avatar
Heavily-Armed Trooper
It's not that anyone isn't interested, it's just all the same stuff over and over again. The worst part is it is mostly speculation, we don't really have 1 confirmed idea to talk about. Everybody wants more than anything to get some good discussions going, but it's just not possible right now.
With the release of Rising coming up, and hopefully some GZ or PP info on Feb 20th, we should be back in business soon.
Until then just hold onto your peeners and giners. We will make it through!
Posted Image

Webbie
Member Avatar
THUG ROSE!
Captain Jack Sparrow
I was just giving you a hard time.
Posted Image

The Departed
Member Avatar
Your friendly neighborhood truck

Captain Jack Sparrow

the irony is so thick, not even revengeance could cut through it.

on that note, kiefer sutherland is the voice of burn face, so i'm already hardon for this game. jack bauer vs big boss, how can one not be moist about that?
Posted Image
Dirty Duck

Duck as sake no bidibgeybfbfhailhydradrinkn:(

awards and such

r.i.p. to the coolest dude we'll ever know :gary:

Cobra Commander
Member Avatar
Heavily-Armed Trooper
You mean Burn Face or Bandaged face?
Where is the info for Kiefer doing the voicing?
Posted Image

Captain Jack Sparrow
Member Avatar
ABSOLUTA
The Departed
Feb 13 2013, 07:52:16 AM
Captain Jack Sparrow

the irony is so thick, not even revengeance could cut through it.

on that note, kiefer sutherland is the voice of burn face, so i'm already hardon for this game. jack bauer vs big boss, how can one not be moist about that?
Good, i see this thread is getting warmed up :P this quote from TPP trailer is just a audio they picked from COD World At War and i don´t think this actor will have any participation in GZ. To me, TPP is just a vital marketing. All of that hospital massacre never happened :hmm: neither the flaming whale.
Liquid, you´re outdated!
Posted Image

The Baneposter
Member Avatar
Only me

Because it so wasn't obvious that it was a dream/hallucination..
Posted Image

Captain Jack Sparrow
Member Avatar
ABSOLUTA
Some people here said that most of it was reality and only the whale was hallucination... Come to think of it, maybe that trailer secretly introduced us to Ground Zeroes´s bosses. Excluding the whale, of course (this whole shit gotta be a dream). Their most notable characteristic is that all of them have the supernatural crap of being set on fire. Damn, i hope that really wasn´t a bosses trailer, i want a more varied selection of bosses for a open world fight.
Liquid, you´re outdated!
Posted Image

The Baneposter
Member Avatar
Only me

Supernatural bosses > normal bosses.
Posted Image

Captain Jack Sparrow
Member Avatar
ABSOLUTA
That´s not what i meant. If they will put supernatural bosses, fine. But do more creative bosses that could result in a interesting open world boss fight. This ´´unit´´ we see in TPP trailer doesn´t seem capable of giving us a good open world battle. More like just a close range battle where we can´t go to much places.
Liquid, you´re outdated!
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin · Global Moderator · Forum Moderator · Member · Validating · Banned