Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Organization Pub
Topic Started: Jan 23 2016, 11:10:16 PM (3,711 Views)
The Baneposter
Member Avatar
Only me

Max was weary of the road. His work as a free lance mercenary for the Argumentum company paid well, but it took him to many a place far from home. Placed such as Metallum Machina Solidus, a distant land ruled by the fifth of its line. Interesting job, that one. He was initially hired by a rebel group, to stir up trouble and decry the coronation of the fifth heir, only to end up approached by an emissary of the court itself to reel in and attack the rebels.

In truth, it was never about the gold. He genuinely enjoyed the work, he fought under so many banners, for and against so many different views. The heat of battle, seeing his enemies drop their blade as the cold steel of his arm punctured their flesh. But there was no place like home.

He pulled at the reigns of his steed, an expensive stallion. Cost him 300 Golden Mahakaman Pensions, but its sturdiness and steed more than made up for the heavy cost. He hitched it by the gates, and proceeded through the town.

While indeed, there were many places to go and observe, the heart of the city was always its Organization Pub. A massive building, one could easily mistake the building for a cathedral, with its multi layered structure, its white, but its base nature as a congregation for all shady misfits was given away by its rough white bricked structure. The clinking of the man's armor as he approached the old, wooden doors was soon as drowned out by the sound of someone banging against the walls.

Ahh yes, of course.

Beside him lay a wretched little creature. Malnourished and deformed by nature, its limbs were weak and wavy, its head out out of proportion with the rest of its body accentuated by its big brown eyes, but not of the captivating kind that would entrap a man in the fingers of a fair maiden, this creature was ugly and appalling. And just as the warrior had noticed, so to did it notice him.

It crawled quickly over the ground like a mad hound, sticking to his leg, desperately trying to buy its way into the establishment. It was something everyone had to deal with, and Max was no different. As a last resort the creature would bite into whomever it stuck to. Max simply chuckled to himself as it let out a smell yelp of pain, its teeth unable to crack the reinforced leather of his boots. He shook it off before giving it another taste of his foot, kicking it away into its own dark corner.

Cruel and unnecessary it may seem, but one must realize the history of this creature. It was accepted with open arms its first, its sillier actions were the cause for hearty laughs around the table, but it wasn't until the creature grew bold that the citizenry started to despise its presence. It'd bite and bite, poor attempts at gaining the attention of the pub. It wasn't long before it was ousted from the pub, along with anyone who endorsed it.

Organization's pub was unique in that it didn't have the typical multiple table set up of any road side inn, it was one massive stretched out hall where everyone had a seat on one table, the bar made out of finely carved, refined wood was stuck to the center left of the room, where a man with a badger like hair cut tended to the patrons.

For the first time in months, Max was home.

''Hey, 'Fluxe, give me the strongest thing you've got''
The man laughed, immediately recognizing the mercenary.
''Back to us, I see. I hope the Flying Spaghetti Monster didn't bother you too much?''
''That's what you call it now?'' he chuckled ''this is something the table should fill me on. Nice chatting with you.''

And so, drink in hand, Max took his seat among his people.

To Be Continued
Posted Image
Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tricerius
Member Avatar

Ever since the " It'd bite and bite, poor attempts at gaining the attention of the pub.", I knew that it was FSM.

Before that, it was just a heavily implied.
Edited by Tricerius, Jan 23 2016, 11:14:16 PM.
Posted Image
Zero people prosper, yet the nation dies out
The ignorants dance in their own world
Governance and rule to them are only dreams
Rise and Fall politics; merely a game of Go

Cardboard Box Jesus
Member Avatar
Imperial Overlord of the Multiverse

Quote:

Cruel and unnecessary it may seem, but one must realize the history of this creature. It was accepted with open arms its first, its sillier actions were the cause for hearty laughs around the table, but it wasn't until the creature grew bold that the citizenry started to despise its presence. It'd bite and bite, poor attempts at gaining the attention of the pub. It wasn't long before it was ousted from the pub, along with anyone who endorsed it.

I legitimately lol'd at this.

Nice work man.
Posted Image
:gary:
Rest in peace brother . . .

Quote:

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to watch yourself become a filthy casual.

The Baneposter
Member Avatar
Only me

I know there are a bunch of spelling errors so forgive those, i'll fix them soon. I wrote this into the box in like 40 minutes haha
Posted Image

Jassassino
Member Avatar
Avocados at law.

Tricerius
Jan 23 2016, 11:14:04 PM
Ever since the " It'd bite and bite, poor attempts at gaining the attention of the pub.", I knew that it was FSM.

Before that, it was just a heavily implied.
LOL Same.

Good one Aragorn, right giggle mate. I love the idea of Org Pub having one HUGE table where everybody had a seat. That's a real nice way to put it.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Rest in Peace, OS.

Welcome to the Gallery

The Baneposter
Member Avatar
Only me

I'll admit I pulled a George Lucas on that one haha. I didn't really think of it that way, I just couldn't a find way to adequately describe table and seat arrangements without saying ''there are table and seats everywhere'' so I made it one giant table. Only later did I realize its a neat fit. :P

Y'all going to be introduced bit by bit. We're even going to have fight scenes.
Posted Image

Jassassino
Member Avatar
Avocados at law.

Max Payne
Jan 23 2016, 11:34:43 PM
We're even going to have fight scenes.
70 chapters of Intandem fighting everybody off about Star Wars*

Intandem You know I ADORE you. <3
Edited by Jassassino, Jan 23 2016, 11:36:30 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Rest in Peace, OS.

Welcome to the Gallery

black king
Member Avatar
...Burger King?

:bravo:

Tales of our exploits, as told by Aragorn

Posted Image
The Rules | My MTG Decks

Awards

Intandem
Member Avatar

wat is this place

Posted Image

Dirty Duck
Member Avatar
super𝖛𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖆𝖎𝖓

Nice of you to make me the protag!
Posted Image
the beast ii

R.I.P G.J.V | R.I.P OS.

Tommybabes PWP. x
Member Avatar
XOF COMANDANTE
random lol but highly readable. well done ;)
Posted Image

Honorary sig from blindfox

XOF's new 4 point custom sigs

Intandem
Member Avatar

This pub reminds me of the rest stop in The Hateful Eight

Posted Image

Freeman
Member Avatar
LUKE FREEMAN
Haha good job man, maybe it's because of my Witcher 3 hype but I couldn't help but picture this story in the Witcher universe. I hope you do continue it.

Btw, I knew it was FSM at "wretched little creature".
Dante

Tibbs...The ... ideal ... pleb[/center]

Mr. Tibbs
Member Avatar

Ah this is great Gorny. Excited for the series

WhiteThinDuke
Member Avatar

great idea dude, I hope you do more than play to outward stereotypes of individuals - dig a bit deeper, I know you've got the prowess

Dirty Duck
Member Avatar
super𝖛𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖆𝖎𝖓

yeah I expect Shakespearian masterpieces about org chat
Posted Image
the beast ii

R.I.P G.J.V | R.I.P OS.

WhiteThinDuke
Member Avatar

Dirty Duck
Jan 24 2016, 05:07:55 AM
yeah I expect Shakespearian masterpieces about org chat
duck i'm gonna fucking terrorize your ass on battlefront this week

Saladin
Member Avatar
Me and humor don't get along so well

lol man great job

that character development for FSM was the quickest i ever seen lol

from a zero to still a zero

AWARDS

MemoriesLP

They invent dates to be happy.
-MemoriesLP, commenting on some NBGO users

black king

We don't have a moment before our conception and tell God "Yeah I'd like to be born bisexual, black, to slightly abusive parents, and speak Swahili."
-Black King, commenting on human existence

The Baneposter
Member Avatar
Only me

i'm not going to rag on him too much in this. i just couldn't resist doing it this time tbh
Posted Image

Infiltrator
Member Avatar

Just read though this, genius haha. Kind of gives me a "The Canterbury Tales" vibe. But that's only if each of us gave our own tale.
Posted Image

Mr. Gibbs

I hope we all die.
Max Payne

You stop right fucking there and apologies Infiltrator . CIA is many things; a has been meme master, a baneposter who ran it to the ground so bad to where it stopped being funny, a complete and utter podcast tsundere but I will NOT allow you to call him a shitty Gary Stu who killed a 7 part book series. That's just mean and unfair.

Sorry if I sound angry but this was too much, even with the strike in mind.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Writers' Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin Global Moderator Forum Moderator Member Validating Banned