Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Bodybuilding; anyone else follow the scene?
Topic Started: Mar 10 2016, 07:58:44 PM (9,901 Views)
Tom Cruise
Member Avatar
Ultimate
Was gonna make this thread a while ago but forgot. breras comment reminded me.

anyone into bodybuilding? opening this up for discussion. will update OP with stuff like which names to know etc etc

okay people to know

PHIL HEATH
Spoiler: click to toggle

Edited by Tom Cruise, Mar 11 2016, 05:10:20 AM.
DEAD CELL 4 LIFE 4 EVER
R.I.P. GARY

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sn4ke
Member Avatar
Damned
I lift. I don't intend to be super bulky though. I still consider myself as a beginner even though I started lifting in 2013 but i only lifted for 3-4 months consistently then I stopped cause I got so busy. I started lifting again last Nov and focused on cutting fat/maintaining muscle mass cause I gained so much fat from all the medical school/relationship stress... and in 3 months, I lost about 8 kg and I'm estimating my BF % at around 16-18%. So far, so good.

My chest and lats are my most stubborn parts.

Edit: Speaking of the scene. Who do you follow?? I follow this guy Matt Ogus. Manlet but shredded af.
Edited by Sn4ke, Mar 10 2016, 09:32:00 PM.
Posted Image

Tom Cruise
Member Avatar
Ultimate
why is this health fitness? i was more interested in discussing the sport side of it
DEAD CELL 4 LIFE 4 EVER
R.I.P. GARY

Posted Image

Sn4ke
Member Avatar
Damned
No idea man. You an IFBB league fan huh? Which categories do you follow?
Posted Image

Tom Cruise
Member Avatar
Ultimate
i follow almost everyone. big fan of kai and sadik. how abt u? is big ramy huge over there?
DEAD CELL 4 LIFE 4 EVER
R.I.P. GARY

Posted Image

Sn4ke
Member Avatar
Damned
I'm a big fan of Sadik. Humble dude and his muscle insertions are God-like.. He's the modern day Frank Zane IMO. He got bigger now, can't wait to see him on a cut and join the big boys. Big Ramy is pretty popular in Dubai. I'm not much of a big fan of Kai Greene. He's entertaining especially with his pose-routines but I prefer Phil Heath. What do you think of dudes like Steve cook?

lol
Posted Image

Tom Cruise
Member Avatar
Ultimate
Kais at his best when hes strictly talking about workouts. his "train with kai" series was really instrumental in me starting to develop the concept of mind muscle connection. hes also an inspiration because he has average genetics at best but hes worked his ass off to overcome them (yes im aware of the substances, but its bodybuilding). Not a fan of kai when he waxes nostalgic. his day int he life doc was also big in me getting the concept of food prep.

Sadik is awesome and yeah i wanna see him really push for more mass. you can tell he wants to be on stage so bad with the big guys.

phil heath is amazing physically but as a person hes hella weak mentally. trolled too easy.

steve cook? hes okay. seems to be cool with calum von moger.
DEAD CELL 4 LIFE 4 EVER
R.I.P. GARY

Posted Image

Tom Cruise
Member Avatar
Ultimate
bradley martyn is dope, jeff seid is goals

some of my fave motivation vids

4:27 fuuuaaaaaarkkkkkk 10/10

kai bradley martyn dana linn bailey simeon panda and i think ulisses too? doing shoulders

kai greene jeff seid alon gabbay chest...37 minute mark, kai does 4 plates incline. for reps. just fucking wot
DEAD CELL 4 LIFE 4 EVER
R.I.P. GARY

Posted Image

Ranch DuBois Est. 2014
Member Avatar

I do body building cause I like how strong men hold me at night

And them gainz

Posted Image

Rest In Peace, Joe.

Tom Cruise
Member Avatar
Ultimate
Big Ramy on the cover of FLEX mag. Talking about leg day. fkn massive wheels if he could just nail his conditioning and not just go for size hed win olympia...or at least get second to kai
DEAD CELL 4 LIFE 4 EVER
R.I.P. GARY

Posted Image

Intandem
Member Avatar

I like bodybuilding, but I think it gets too extreme at the pro competition levels. Some of these bodybuilder's muscles look too big and unnatural, it's a bit unnerving.

Posted Image

Intandem
Member Avatar

So anyways, I think I'm making a bit of progress. I was working out intensely last year, was into the build phase, but quit right before the cut. I've been walking and doing calisthenics, but I've only recently started to actually work out again in December of last year... so it's been about a good solid 3 months of me working out 3-6 times a week, depending on what's going on.

So this is where I'm at right now, I think I activated muscle memory since I didn't stay inactive too long, but I'm at about 25% body fat, considering I'm 6'2" and 234 pounds, I was 300 pounds a year and a half ago.

Not sure if these are gains, but I think I see a bit of muscle?

Seems my arms are developing a tad bit. Most of my development seems to be in my chest and back, but I've got most of my fat in my mid section, and I don't want to reveal that :P

Posted Image

Tom Cruise
Member Avatar
Ultimate
AYYYY DEM TRICEPS!

keep at it bro!

So the greatest lifting related incident to date happened to me tonight

gather round children daddys got an epic story for you little pheggits

So tonight was pull day aka back/bis/forearms/rear delts/whatever the fk i felt like okay get off my back damb.

pop 2 fat burners (mixed w dank purp ofc) and get on the treadmill. I was wearing my fave hoodie to lift in, my boxing gym's hoodie from when i boxed, duh. Fat burners got me sweating like me in a marvel tourney finding out my first round opponent is JWong.

Look around the gym see nothing but DYEL resolutionists, start laughing in my head. ah little bitches i remember when I used to be you. Then a grill walks in. from the treadmill station in the back she looked like a solid 6.5 AT BEST. pink tank top grey yoga pants. I was mad af that my phone died on the way to the gym. thats why i even noticed her normally i wear headphones and stare at my feet when i walk since i do a savage incline on the tread.

grill goes downstairs, prob to escape all the 8 inch arms in the room staring at her awkwardly. I forget abt her bc im there to work out, LMFAO AT WORKING OUT FOR GRILLS IN 2016. I go thru my workout when I notice grill is back upstairs at the squat station, as im abt to get on the preacher curls for my last set (i traditionally end biceps with preachers, as its my favorite bicep lift).

Preacher curl station and squat rack are directly opposite sides of the gym...but theres mirrors. I do first set of biceps and go to sip my bcaa water. as im lowering the jub from my sweaty bearded face I see grill looking deadass at me in the mirror. I smirk inwardly. Alright bby, I think, if you wanna mire i got suttin for you.

So I crank out the next 4 sets of preachers and stand up. I can hear all eyes turning to me cause i was pumped af at this moment having supersetted preachers with tbar rows, and lets face it i easily outclassed everyone int he gym, even the dude lat pulldown-ing like 50 lbs next to me FKN LOL.

I take the hoodie off and lay it down on the preacher pad. I can hear from across the room grill getting moist. it sounds like piss hitting piled up toilet paper. I raise my arms in the classic front double bicep pose. I can hear girl whisper "y-you too". then i flex biceps and pop lats out hard af, while keeping a casually bored look on my face to show how easy this is for me.

DYELers all stop and look, as their god has descended from heaven, swole and pumped and sweaty. I look at the DYELer in the mirror and he looks away hurriedly, embarrassed by the eager hunger on his face for gains like mine.

I was God of the gym for like a full solid 10 seconds. it was glorious brehs
DEAD CELL 4 LIFE 4 EVER
R.I.P. GARY

Posted Image

Intandem
Member Avatar

lmfao, what a story

Posted Image

The Baneposter
Member Avatar
Only me

that definitely happened with no exaggeration.
Posted Image

Ranch DuBois Est. 2014
Member Avatar

Nick that sounds like a copy pasta from /fit/

Posted Image

Rest In Peace, Joe.

Tom Cruise
Member Avatar
Ultimate
that literally happened tho
DEAD CELL 4 LIFE 4 EVER
R.I.P. GARY

Posted Image

Ranch DuBois Est. 2014
Member Avatar

I ain't saying it didn't, just saying that story belongs of /fit/ too

Posted Image

Rest In Peace, Joe.

Tom Cruise
Member Avatar
Ultimate
oh i lurk fit and misc alot, but the only bb forums i really post in are the ifbb section on bbcom
DEAD CELL 4 LIFE 4 EVER
R.I.P. GARY

Posted Image

Ranch DuBois Est. 2014
Member Avatar

Bbcom's store is my homepage I'm dead serious

Posted Image

Rest In Peace, Joe.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Health/Fitness · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin Global Moderator Forum Moderator Member Validating Banned