Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Contest #11 - Results
Topic Started: Mar 14 2016, 07:09:00 PM (5,250 Views)
The Departed
Member Avatar
Your friendly neighborhood truck

What it do, dawgs? It's Keivan on a functioning computer again to share the results of Contest #11.

Contest #11 - Skull Face Boss Battle

Well, first off, I just want to thank everyone for their submissions. You guys sent some really fun entries which only made me sadder to remember our beloved 5 Hour Energy Skull doesn't have one for himself.

Sufficed to say, picking winners was difficult because there were some surprisingly intricate entries submitted throughout. Ultimately, I decided on which ones felt both in-character for Skull Face, which ones felt like genuine MGSV boss fights with thought out moves, proper usage of environments, etc. I also selected the ones that felt like they fit in best with the current MGSV timeline of events and missions. Finally and most obviously, I selected the ones just sounded the most enjoyable.

With that said, the first place winner; Doakes, does not want his prize on account of we both play on the same PS4 and he's getting the DLC and all the Action Packs anyway.

So, instead, what I'm gonna do is include a fourth place winner, and basically, second through fourth will receive the prizes as originally intended, and I'll label each entry in accordance to what I feel are appropriate titles, unofficial or not:

1st Place - Doakes: The Battle of OKB Zero
2nd Place - MemoriesLP: Triple Threat
3rd Place - Dirty Duck: The Twin Demons
4th Place - The Meme-ist formerly known as 'AnitaSarkeesian': Tunnel Vision

Please PM me your PayPal addresses, and I will forward your winnings. Additionally, both MemoriesLP & AnitaSarkeesian can decide on whichever color they'd like their usernames to be. Max, if Globals can have colored usernames, you can pick one as well.

Congratulations to all the winners, and thanks to everyone who participated and submitted some very creative content. There were a lot of unconventional and surprisingly trippy submissions, and they all sounded like an absolute romp.

See you kids come Contest #12!
Posted Image
Dirty Duck

Duck as sake no bidibgeybfbfhailhydradrinkn:(

awards and such

r.i.p. to the coolest dude we'll ever know :gary:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tricerius
Member Avatar

>Doakes first place.

Family bias? Where?

Jokes aside, congrats to all the winners.
Posted Image
Zero people prosper, yet the nation dies out
The ignorants dance in their own world
Governance and rule to them are only dreams
Rise and Fall politics; merely a game of Go

Ludens
I'll keep coming
That's exactly how I predicted the results, all ideas were amazing though. congrats guys :thumb2:
Posted Image

Dirty Duck
Member Avatar
super𝖛𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖆𝖎𝖓

Yeah, there were some great entries all around! Glad you liked mine enough to put it in third place, Keiv! p sure global mods are allowed coloured names, jc55 had a pink one for years. So...I'd like a Purple Name please :roy: thanks for hosting this, I had a lot of fun typing up my entry ^_^
Posted Image
the beast ii

R.I.P G.J.V | R.I.P OS.

Ef9 o shea
Member Avatar
Hadoken

Congrats guys
Posted Image

Doakes
Member Avatar

Congrats on some creative entries, guys! :)
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

VenoMedic
Member Avatar
I'm So Noided Right Now...
GG guys! See you all next time!
Posted Image
a whole lot of spoiler tags in here
signature
MGSF's crowning achievement
R.I.P. XOF, we hardly knew ye...

MemoriesLP
Member Avatar

Ohh congrats to the other winners :)
And there were lots of ideas, I guess it was hard to choose the winners!
Sorry about my English!! I'm from Brazil :)
Posted Image

Spoiler: click to toggle

"Mas nao importa, nao faz mal, voce ainda pensa e eh melhor do que nada, tudo que voce podia ser, ou nada"

Agent
Member Avatar

Wow, didn't expect to be among the winners here.

Congrats other winners and thank you Doakes for turning down the prize so I could have it! And thank you The-Departed for making me enter and picking my entry. And thank you Hideo for omitting skull face's boss fight and giving us that awful jeep ride, encouraging us to replace it in the canon with our own fan fictions.

I'd like my two numbers in admin blue deep pink please.

👌👌👌👌👌💯💯💯💯💯💯💯
Edited by Agent, Mar 15 2016, 05:45:10 PM.

(SGR) SEAN
Member Avatar
Dive Bombing Eagles
Nice job guys.
MY THOUGHTS ON THE CURRENT STATE OF MGO3: http://youtu.be/jOp3qaK7S5k Posted Image
My Youtube Channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOuterGaming
My PSN - SGR_SEAN_
My Twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/outergaming

The Baneposter
Member Avatar
Only me

Wait the reward was money? Why wasnt i told about this shit?
Posted Image

The Departed
Member Avatar
Your friendly neighborhood truck

max-payne

i actively said i was giving away dlc money multiple times, because i was whoring this shit for days. y'all just ignored me and went on about some kind of hair product.

but when the next dlc rolls along, i'm going to hold another contest with prize money again.

and the contest for when that happens will be very similar to this, so step your game up, son.
Edited by The Departed, May 30 2016, 02:30:31 AM.
Posted Image
Dirty Duck

Duck as sake no bidibgeybfbfhailhydradrinkn:(

awards and such

r.i.p. to the coolest dude we'll ever know :gary:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · MGS Competition Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin Global Moderator Forum Moderator Member Validating Banned