Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Release date Speculation; When is it coming out?
Topic Started: Jan 10 2017, 12:02:46 PM (2,490 Views)
Zan Datsu
Member Avatar
Get up & Go

At Tokyo Game Show, Kojima Productions confirmed that there is a set release date and that we would see it released "Before the Tokyo Olympic games", which are slated to begin in the summer of 2020. To go a little further, there is a movie called Akira, and it will be out before the year in which Akira is set. The anime movie Akira was set in 2019

So before Akira would peg Death Stranding release date at sometime during 2018.

What You think?
Posted Image

The Departed
Quote:

Until that diamond nipple awesome game is ever created, all we can do is dream that one day, an MG1 remake happens
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

big_boss1988
Member Avatar
I Am The Hype

Fall 2018 is as close as it gets.
Posted Image

Spoiler: click to toggle

MGSF PEACE

FedericoBorrelli
Member Avatar

They must be really early on the development cycle, I expect the game to come out in 2 or 3 years at the earliest.

The Departed
Member Avatar
Your friendly neighborhood truck

knowing kojima, i'd wager 2018 is the goal, and 2019 is the 'settle date.'
Posted Image
Dirty Duck

Duck as sake no bidibgeybfbfhailhydradrinkn:(

awards and such

r.i.p. to the coolest dude we'll ever know :gary:

big_boss1988
Member Avatar
I Am The Hype

It would be hilarious if Konami decides to release MGS6 the same time as DS. XD
Posted Image

MGSF PEACE

CIN
Light Infantry
Q4 2018 is probably the most optimistic scenario.

Commodus
Member Avatar
Jail Guard
I honestly think it will get pushed back to 2020. I get the feeling that Kojima could easily let his ideas run away with him and be in such a rush to implement all manner of crazy ideas that the game could see multiple delays. People like Kojima sometimes need a filter for their ideas. And whilst on the one hand it will be awesome seeing what he can do with less oversight, there's also a huge risk that his sheer ambition will clog everything up.

The Departed
Member Avatar
Your friendly neighborhood truck

commodus

i couldn't have said it better tbh.

kojima's an idea man, and he needs someone to keep those ideas in check. when you try and do too much at once, you end up crippling yourself. and let's be realistic, deaf stalking is not gonna be the witcher 3. it won't have a massive amount of content where you can do this, that and the other in the open world.

and the problem with being one of the few remaining auteur directors of gaming is that sony isn't gonna want kojima to be practical. they want kojima to be kojima, which means, "hold onto your butts."

if this game actually does come out in 2018, i will legit be astonished. but that almost certainly means kojima will have been kept in check to keep from going nuts with how many gut-tanks he could fill on the screen and what not.
Posted Image
Dirty Duck

Duck as sake no bidibgeybfbfhailhydradrinkn:(

awards and such

r.i.p. to the coolest dude we'll ever know :gary:

Ef9 o shea
Member Avatar
Hadoken

I reckon winter 2018 most likely

Be a nice surprise if we got it before then though
Posted Image

Zan Datsu
Member Avatar
Get up & Go

I agree with most posts and say Q4 2018 and early 2019 seems plausible. But no to 2020, kojima is now at Sony and they will push him. At konami he was cocky and made what he wants but in the end he got fired because he swallowed to much time, money and resources. I really hope he learned from that and focuses more on developement instead of taking trips and shooting selfies.

My bet is on Q4 2018.
Posted Image

The Departed
Quote:

Until that diamond nipple awesome game is ever created, all we can do is dream that one day, an MG1 remake happens

CIN
Light Infantry
I thought the whole point of using a third-party engine was to speed up production time.

FedericoBorrelli
Member Avatar

Kojima's mayor weak point is thet he is a perfectionist and an ideas man, so every idea he wants to implement have to function perfectly as he envisions them

Xenocide
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
I'd like to think that Sony will keep him on track, but only time will tell. If i had to bet money, I'd say 2020; only because the number 2020 is more impressive than 2019.
Posted Image

AbudJasemAlBaldawi
Member Avatar
Hi-Tech Soldier
If Kojima says it's 2018, it'll come out in 2019.
You too have known loss, and that loss torments you still. You hope hatred might someday replace the pain, but it never goes away.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Ishmael Snake
Member Avatar
call me Ishmael Snake

Why there is year 2018 on Kojima Production site at the bottom of the trademarks ?

http://www.kojimaproductions.jp/en/#works
Good luck kiefersnake ! "Vic" Boss
Posted Image

trimegadon
Member Avatar
all out.

Are you sure ? cause all i see is 2016.
SHADOW MOSES

Ishmael Snake
Member Avatar
call me Ishmael Snake

ahh i see this must be 2016 i saw that wrong it's hard to tell because the image is in low quality
Good luck kiefersnake ! "Vic" Boss
Posted Image

Soviette
Member Avatar
Cynical Optimist
It is only going into full development this year, so you can probably forget about a 2018 release date.

Late 2019 or 2020, taking into account delays and Kojima's perfectionism.

Edited by Soviette, Feb 1 2017, 07:14:25 PM.

Zan Datsu
Member Avatar
Get up & Go

Kojima said something about his perfectionism and deadlines/release dates

Quote:

To those who are worried that Kojima will keep pushing back the release date of the game because he is a perfectionist, Kojima noted that most of his games are released on schedule, as he is not only the director of the game but also the producer. “The schedule is a positive pressure for me.” Showing the game in advance at various promotional events also helps him keep the end goal in sight. “We know where the end is, and we have a schedule and a plan to meet than end goal. […] We can’t run away, we can never stop, we need to complete it on time.”

source: MGI
Posted Image

The Departed
Quote:

big_boss1988
Member Avatar
I Am The Hype

Zan Datsu
Feb 4 2017, 10:25:53 PM
Kojima noted that most of his games are released on schedule, as he is not only the director of the game but also the producer.
:roy:
Posted Image

MGSF PEACE

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Death Stranding · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin · Global Moderator · Forum Moderator · Member · Validating · Banned