Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
US Politics Thread
Topic Started: Aug 9 2015, 05:31:03 PM (20,366 Views)
Freeman
Member Avatar
LUKE FREEMAN
Republican polls:

Posted Image

Democrat polls:

Posted Image

Who do you want to win? Personally I would really like Sanders to win over Hillary. Though she will probably be the final candidate for the Democrats, in which case I'll have to support her over anyone on the Republicans side, specially the abomination that is Donald Trump.

If you guys don't know much about Sanders:
Edited by Freeman, Aug 9 2015, 05:32:13 PM.
Dante

Tibbs...The ... ideal ... pleb[/center]
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Frank Underwood
Member Avatar
Vanilla Coke is better. I'm the shite one.

Jesus Christ, please tell me there's no chance of Trump winning. So I can sleep, please.
Bare with my total ignorance, I've only watched about an hour of debate. I couldn't stand watching it, the obvious make-up is 10x more obvious in American political debates, as is their Borg origin. I thought British politicians were full of bull-shit, these guys are way worse, or at least way more obvious.

From the half of the "debate" I watched the other day, Jeb Bush was by far the best debater out of all of them. And Cruz was by far the most hateful, smarmy shit-bag out of all of them.

I have a question, isn't it pretty much a done-deal that Hilary will be the next president? That's all I've heard from people.
Edited by Frank Underwood, Aug 9 2015, 05:50:47 PM.

Freeman
Member Avatar
LUKE FREEMAN
CherryCoke
Aug 9 2015, 05:42:27 PM
Jesus Christ, please tell me there's no chance of Trump winning. So I can sleep, please.
Bare with my total ignorance, I've only watched about an hour of debate. I couldn't stand watching it, the obvious make-up is 10x more obvious in American political debates, as is their Borg origin. I thought British politicians were full of bull-shit, these guys are way worse, or at least way more obvious.

From the half of the "debate" I watched the other day, Jeb Bush was by far the best debater out of all of them.

I have a question, isn't it pretty much a done-deal that Hilary will be the next president? That's all I've heard from people.
I doubt the Republicans will be winning any time soon. Until they completely reinvent their ideals they will keep getting their asses kicked by the Democrats.

I do think Trump will be the final candidate for the Republicans though, which in the long run will only bury the Republicans more and more as old people die and new people are born.
Dante

A Worthless Piece of Shit
Member Avatar
Flying Spaghetti Monster

Sander is pretty old. Depends on who his VP is if I decide to vote for him.
This is the reason I won't vote for Hilary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWRoEpYuHwI
Is Hideo Kojima of gay descent?
Posted Image
Max Payne's Ramblings

Frank Underwood
Member Avatar

That Sanders video is great. Listening to TheYoungTurks, you get the idea that there's no way you can actually battle income inequality with the current system, that you'd have to have already gotten money out of politics. So I'm pleased with what I've seen from this guy so far. I don't want Hilary to win, I've been staunchly against the woman ever since she threatened to nuke Iran.

Also Sanders has been steadily rising upwards according to that chart.
Edited by Frank Underwood, Aug 9 2015, 06:01:42 PM.

Member Avatar
Flying Spaghetti Monster

CherryCoke
Aug 9 2015, 05:59:23 PM
That Sanders video is great. Listening to TheYoungTurks, you get the idea that there's no way you can actually battle income inequality with the current system, that you'd have to have already gotten money out of politics. So I'm pleased with what I've seen from this guy so far. I don't want Hilary to win, I've been staunchly against the woman ever since she threatened to nuke Iran.

Also Sanders has been steadily rising upwards according to that chart.
The Young Turks is soooooooo biased to the left. It was to the point where I had to unsubscribe to them.
Posted Image
Max Payne's Ramblings

Freeman
Member Avatar
LUKE FREEMAN
TYT lately have basically took the Daily Show route of just getting retarded Fox News anchors and debunking the horseshit they vomit on air.

That's too easy, I'd like them to get an actual intelligent person on the other side to have a meaningful debate.
Dante

Frank Underwood
Member Avatar

Disclaimer: I no longer actually watch TYT. They have become the Fox news of the left. Also the way they treated Sam Harris was asshole-ish.

By the way Freeman managed to change my mind on Trump in one sentence. If he wins the Republicans will sink even further. GO TRUMP!
Edited by Frank Underwood, Aug 9 2015, 06:21:16 PM.

The Baneposter
Member Avatar
Only me

Bernie Sanders is good on paper but the small cult built around him annoys the shit out of me, although I know I shouldn't let that shit effect me. And he's very right wing on Israel, which is disappointing.

He's also kind of old so I dunno how that effects his votes, plus I doubt Congress will pass all his economic solutions.
Posted Image
Spoiler: click to toggle

Freeman
Member Avatar
LUKE FREEMAN
Max Payne
Aug 9 2015, 06:15:55 PM
Bernie Sanders is good on paper but the small cult built around him annoys the shit out of me, although I know I shouldn't let that shit effect me. And he's very right wing on Israel, which is disappointing.

He's also kind of old so I dunno how that effects his votes, plus I doubt Congress will pass all his economic solutions.
Much like Obama, I doubt he's too pro-Israel. It's just that he can't possibly win anything being less than 100% pro-Israel in the eyes of the public. It sucks, but he has to be a politician about these things.

I don't think the Republicans can afford to keep this "deny everything Obama proposes" in Congress. As I said their popularity has been steadily decreasing over the last decade, so they have to start compromising.
Dante

The Departed
Member Avatar
Your friendly neighborhood truck

sanders is way too old to be president. he's now two years older than john mccain was when he ran against obama and everyone was on that walnut storing fuck case about his age.

but if anyone seriously thinks trump has a chance of actually winning the election, watch the gop republican debates and try not to laugh. he's ahead of the rest because they're all idiots, and really, trump winning for the red is more or less a sure fire win for any democratic candidate.

i'd have to read up more on where clinton and sanders stand before deciding who i'm rooting for, but at the moment, any concerns about the red taking over after obama died after that debate.

holy shit, not even 22 jump street made me laugh that hard, and that movie was a gas!
Posted Image
Dirty Duck

Duck as sake no bidibgeybfbfhailhydradrinkn:(

awards and such

r.i.p. to the coolest dude we'll ever know :gary:

Member Avatar
Flying Spaghetti Monster

As much of an asshole Trump is, at lease he's self aware about it. He's seems to be more honest and unafraid to say certain things. This is coming from a Hispanic btw.
I still wouldn't vote for him though.

Fuck Ted Cruz. He's been senator for like 2-3 years and now he think's he can run the country
Posted Image
Max Payne's Ramblings

CIA
Member Avatar

I hope Trump wins the Republican nomination. I don't agree with any of his views or any of his stances, but he isn't bought and paid for by anyone but himself. Everything he says is what Fox News has been shoveling. Brown people bad, muslims, kenya, 1,000 years of darkness, where's the birth certificate, etc. I think this is awesome.

Go team far right monster.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Departed: I hate MGS 1 because I'm old.
Forum Bling

Frank Underwood
Member Avatar

Ted Cruz is a smarmy twat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER07zz33wkc&feature=youtu.be&t=12m29s
Look this answer he gave. So American.

Freeman
Member Avatar
LUKE FREEMAN
Ted Cruz fried bacon on the barrel of his rifle.

He's the only hope for Republicans.
Dante

The Departed
Member Avatar
Your friendly neighborhood truck

they'e all cunts in their own way.

it's just a matter of which one will get the most laughs as they campaign and debate, and none made me laugh more than trump.

close second is rand paul and his perm as he continued talking about hugs.
Posted Image
Dirty Duck

Duck as sake no bidibgeybfbfhailhydradrinkn:(

awards and such

r.i.p. to the coolest dude we'll ever know :gary:

Bames Jond
Member Avatar
now this is pod racing

trump strikes me as a demagogue. obviously a narcissist; he talks about bringing the ratings on tv like he's the shit but when he gets a couple tough questions he throws a hissyfit about it. i don't find the guy admirable in any way. he always looks angry, he's had many accusations of racism, and just acts like a bully. his haircut is shit too. i can't figure out whether not caring about what he says is his strategy or if he's just an idiot tbh.

not to mention it's the most fucking stupid thing ever for people to want "a businessman" to be the president. you can't run a country like a business, they have totally different priorities when it comes to employment and such.

i'll probably vote for bernie if he gets the nomination. if not i'm throwing away my vote for green because the whole thing's a joke anyway. the only thing american elections are good for is entertainment.

Freeman
Member Avatar
LUKE FREEMAN
Bames Jond
Aug 9 2015, 08:00:00 PM
trump strikes me as a demagogue. obviously a narcissist; he talks about bringing the ratings on tv like he's the shit but when he gets a couple tough questions he throws a hissyfit about it. i don't find the guy admirable in any way. he always looks angry, he's had many accusations of racism, and just acts like a bully. his haircut is shit too. i can't figure out whether not caring about what he says is his strategy or if he's just an idiot tbh.

not to mention it's the most fucking stupid thing ever for people to want "a businessman" to be the president. you can't run a country like a business, they have totally different priorities when it comes to employment and such.

i'll probably vote for bernie if he gets the nomination. if not i'm throwing away my vote for green because the whole thing's a joke anyway. the only thing american elections are good for is entertainment.
It's still better to vote for Hillary than throw it away. Can you imagine a Republican president with the current congress?
Dante

OzwaldTheCrab
Member Avatar
From the Spliff that I lift and inhale...
If Sanders gets it then you're damn right I'm voting for him. There's no way in hell I'm supporting any of the Republicans., especially not Trump. I'm also wholeheartedly against another fucking Bush in the office. I wouldn't terribly be against Hilary either for the sole reason that it means Bill Clinton is gonna be First Husband. And he was a kickass president, we'll basically have both of them back in office.
"...It Ain't Hard To Tell..."
Posted Image

Z3R0
Member Avatar
~

I don't see why Bernie's age should matter; what's important is his health, and he's very fit and spry for his age. Either way, there are plenty of candidates that aren't much younger than him; Hillary and Trump are both 69, Reagan was 69 when elected (and went on to serve two terms), and McCain was 72 when he ran in 2008. It's really a non-issue.

As for Trump, no one took him seriously at first, but it's looking increasingly likely that he'll be the nominee. He's obviously a moron, but there's a very clear appeal in his lack of filter, his disdain for political correctness, and his willingness to challenge the establishment. He can fund his own campaign, he's a businessman (which, like Bames said, doesn't actually make him good at running the economy, although people seem to think it does), and above all, he's not a politician. He takes a very populist tone, says things other won't, and has a powerful message: our leaders are stupid and incompotent, everyone's beating us, America's falling apart, and I'm going to make it great again. Even is he has no real policies, experience, or anything other than empty rhetoric.

I think another strong candidate is Scott Walker, who governed in a blue state and managed to pass a number of conservative measures, including challenging the unions. He's also a favorite of the Koch Brothers. Still, his record on the economy is terrible in his own state, which will be hard for him to defend. There's also obviously Jeb Bush, who has the brand name and the support of the establishment. Rand Paul is someone who could probably appeal more to moderates and young voters, and I'd prefer him to any of the other Republicans. He's somewhat sensible on issues like NSA surveillance, drugs, and foreign policy, even if his economic ideas are nuts.

I'll definitely support Bernie; he's the only candidate I genuinely like or have been excited for in a long time, especially because of his integrity and his opposition to money in politics. If Hillary instead gets the nom, I'd probably (albeit reluctantly and unenthusiastically) support her over any of the Republican candidates, except for possibly Rand Paul if he makes it too.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Opinions/Confessions · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin Global Moderator Forum Moderator Member Validating Banned