Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Will there be another Metal Gear Game from Kojima?
Topic Started: Jan 29 2017, 06:03:15 AM (7,183 Views)
derrame
Member Avatar
Jail Guard
Hello Diamond Dogs,

i'd like to know if there will be another Metal Gear game from Kojima
I want a sequel to Phantom Pain!
Sequel for the Phantom Pain!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

big_boss1988
Member Avatar
I Am The Hype

Welcome to forums. And no, I don't think. The guy left Konami and he specifically said he wants to do new things which maybe good for everyone including him.
Posted Image

Spoiler: click to toggle

MGSF PEACE

The Departed
Member Avatar
Your friendly neighborhood truck

Welcome to the forums. It is confirmed that Kojima is done, and we know with all but near certainly that Kojima will never return to Metal Gear Solid.

That said, it's perfectly viable for an MGSV sequel to be made in the form of a Metal Gear 1 reboot, or perhaps a spin-off with Venom Snake post Truth. But whatever game does come out will involve a new Director and Writer, not Kojima.

Hope this has been helpful.
Edited by The Departed, Jan 29 2017, 07:10:03 AM.
Posted Image
Dirty Duck

Duck as sake no bidibgeybfbfhailhydradrinkn:(

awards and such

r.i.p. to the coolest dude we'll ever know :gary:

Soviette
Member Avatar
Cynical Optimist
Very unlikely.

Konami own the IP and Kojima has left. I don't even think Konami themselves will make any more AAA MGS games, just mobile games and shit like that. I mean theoretically they could see the IP to Sony or some other, but I don't see that happening.

If Death Stranding is successful it will probably become a franchise with sequels etc and Kojima will throw himself in that, so I don't think he would have time to make another Metal Gear.

trimegadon
Member Avatar
all out.

The only way for Kojima to make another metal gear game is for konami to give up the franchises rights to kojima, so yeah thats highly unlikely.
Plus Kojima always said that he wished for mg to stop so that he could move on to something else.
Edited by trimegadon, Feb 13 2017, 11:42:34 AM.
SHADOW MOSES

Edgelord
Member Avatar
A nutjob without borders

No
BEFORE THY BECOMES SALTY WITH THE TEARS OF BEING OFFENDED.
BEHOLD THE FIELD IN WHICH I GROW MY FUCKS TO GIVE.
LAY THINE EYES UPON IT AND SEE THAT IT IS BARREN

Ef9 o shea
Member Avatar
Hadoken

Nad he is well and truly done with the series
Posted Image

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cleme201101
Member Avatar

I will answer that differently than anyone else.

Maybe a Metal Gear will be made by Kojima. Indirectly. Maybe he left some unused script for a game which Konami will use later. In that way, technically, Kojima would be participating on a new Metal Gear game.
Long live Metal Gear and its community!
Posted Image

Awesome drawing by Foxhound Arts

MGSF Award 2016 ''Best Newcomer''

Snake Eater
Member Avatar
Take Your Heart

I don't think that's going to happen, sadly. Maybe, only if Kojima make up with Konami sometime in the future, but I can't see that happening since their falling out seemed to be pretty... ugly.
Suede

lol well yeah if there aint no doritos then whats the point in living?
Posted Image

WAKE UP! GET UP! GET OUT THERE!!

Ef9 o shea
Member Avatar
Hadoken

I dont think it will happen in any way other than spin offs or a full reboot from konami, but kojima is with sony now so unless they buy mgs i doubt kojima will make more.
Posted Image

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Acid Boss
Member Avatar
Hi-Tech Soldier
I agree with the consensus among everyone. I feel like if there is that slight possibility, Konami have a lot of work to do to 'clean the slate' to have Kojima back. That being said, it's not just up to Konami, but Kojima, and whether he even wants to step back into that scenario. His love for Metal Gear is undeniable, and we know he has other ideas still for the franchise (The Boss/WW2 Era/Remaking Metal Gear Solid, etc) but I think things were so badly severed that it's not even in the remote possibility of becoming a thing unfortunately.

On the topic of another Director/Producer. We all put Kojima on this godly platform, because MGS was fucking epic of a series, but I think anyone can make Metal Gear good again, it just takes the right direction and vision, and from what we saw in MGSV, it probably would have been the perfect time to change the director/producer anyways.

MGSV was a hard pill to swallow.

The Departed
Member Avatar

Lol come on, the overreactions people have about that game, at this point, are just overkill. Funny. But overkill.

Like, what series is y'all playing? MGS has now and always been a "hard pill to swallow", because there's so much bullshit in every game, to call any single one an epic or a masterpiece...or well written, is pure fallacy.

MGSV had its' own issues, some recurring from MGS, some all its' own, but if nothing else, it was the only one in this series that remembered to be a video game.

I don't know what marvel of interactive medium y'all have been playing, but it sure as Jimmy Smits wasn't the MGS series. And the sooner people wake up and realize you can like a series and not constantly pretend it came from the heavens and cured your dogs bowel cancer, the sooner we can all just move forward with Metal Gear as a franchise.

Speaking of which:

No. Kojima will never do another Metal Gear game. There's no maybe. There's no discussion to be had.

It's really that simple. The odds of Kojima ever doing another Metal Gear game are about as likely as I am to one day become a world famous ballerina.

And let's think for a moment; why would you want him to continue?

First off, Kojima's 53 years old. Home boy ain't getting any younger. He's been tired of MGS since MGS2, and has wanted to do new things for years.

Second, why do people want him to keep making new games when half you bitch about every game he's ever made that wasn't MGS1 or MGS3? Shouldn't people welcome new blood or a new approach? It's like, "Nah, nah, those last ones didn't count. This time, he'll get it right. He'll make all my fantasies come true. And if he doesn't, it's because he didn't get a chance to do it right." How many times does Kojima have to swap out the Snake people want to play as before they realize he doesn't wanna keep making these games?

And third, this further prequel silliness; a game about the infamous The Boss, or the underdeveloped Gray Fox, or the ever compelling Liquid "Ghost Arm" Snake? Why are people so damn attached to a single, stretched canon that wasn't even that good in the first place? The Metal Gear Solid franchise is dead. Every single ounce of story its' had left to tell has been told. It doesn't need to keep going, and it shouldn't keep going.

No canon is ever meant to last half as long as MGS did, because all it ever does is cripple creativity, and limit what you can and can't do because 'canon.' And 9 times out of 10, the fans care way more about canon continuity than any writer or content creator ever will.

Let MGS be. It's come as full circle as it needed to come, and anything after that is just gonna be fluff, short of an MG1 remake, which, let's be honest, we don't need either.

Just kill MGS with a sledgehammer three times over, and start fresh with a brand new Metal Gear storyline and canon that can move on past the bullshit of MGS and past Kojima's word and deeds.
Posted Image
Dirty Duck

awards and such

Acid Boss
Member Avatar
Hi-Tech Soldier
Leave it to Departed to tell you exactly what will happen in the future and speak on behalf of Future Konami and Future Kojima..

What a fuckin joke.

I mean, did you even read what was said? or did you just skim and fly off the handle? I specifically said a new director/producer would be welcome, but according to you, Hideo is my god?!?...

It's no wonder I didn't miss this place the past year I've been gone, and the brash shit hand outs you people give for someone merely pondering or speculating a future with or without Hideo....

Pathetic.
Edited by Acid Boss, Mar 8 2017, 07:17:10 PM.

The Departed
Member Avatar

Acid-Boss

Missed you too, dawg.

BTW, at no point did I ever say you said Kojima was your God, which is why I said "speaking of which," before moving onto the rest of that post. I said the way you and so many others overreact about MGSV for being so different, and acting like it was Duke Nukem Forever levels of bad is silly, especially when compared to the rest of this equally silly franchise. The rest of my post is addressed to the general idea of people constantly saying bring Kojima back, or worse yet, make MGSVI, make a The Boss prequel or a Liquid Snake, Gray Fox prequel, etc. It's been a recurring thing, and most don't seem to grasp that there are other directions a Metal Gear can go besides Solid.

Also, I'm speaking on behalf of the evidence, and the fact that Kojima has none too subtly made it a point to say he wants to do new things.
Posted Image
Dirty Duck

awards and such

Acid Boss
Member Avatar
Hi-Tech Soldier
:blush: aw shucks, you really mean it?

Here's where I loose you...

Completely.

Why are you here?!.. you clearly think the series is silly, you don't really have anything 'nice' to say about it or Hideo Kojima for that matter. I mean, I get you're an admin for the forum as a whole, but if you just feel negatively toward the series, you're going to respond negatively to any general discussion about it IMO.

Also, it might not be even remotely interesting to you personally, but this whole topic wouldn't have even existed if everyone who was a MGS fan just dropped it after Hideo left and didn't give a shit about it. Clearly, there is a following for the (silly) franchise.

Sure, there are other avenues and paths MGS as a series could take without dragging Solid back into the fold, but I was just suggesting the ideas even Hideo had/has since MGS3 for how HE would like to continue the series, in his own words.

Saying how Hideo feels now, is like beating a dead horse dry. It's pointless, I was just merely stating, nothing is impossible, and nothing is concrete.

People can dream, and people can try to kill dreams I guess too.. to each their own.

The Departed
Member Avatar

Acid-Boss

Quote:

Here's where I loose you...

Completely.

Why are you here?!.. you clearly think the series is silly, you don't really have anything 'nice' to say about it or Hideo Kojima for that matter. I mean, I get you're an admin for the forum as a whole, but if you just feel negatively toward the series, you're going to respond negatively to any general discussion about it IMO.
Because discussion can be both positive and negative. And I think it's important to have that balance, because it means discussion can be more than everyone echoing the exact same sentiments, which gets boring in a Goddamn hurry.

Look at it this way, a lot of fans only like MGS1 and MGS2, right?

Well, I only like MGS3 and MGSV, so by that logic, I'm still in the running. Plus, I like the spin off games, especially MGA2 and MGR. The only games I dislike are PW and the Solid Snake games.
Quote:

Also, it might not be even remotely interesting to you personally, but this whole topic wouldn't have even existed if everyone who was a MGS fan just dropped it after Hideo left and didn't give a shit about it. Clearly, there is a following for the (silly) franchise.
Never said there wasn't.
Quote:

Sure, there are other avenues and paths MGS as a series could take without dragging Solid back into the fold, but I was just suggesting the ideas even Hideo had/has since MGS3 for how HE would like to continue the series, in his own words.
Kojima's ideas aren't always that well thought up. A The Boss prequel is a textbook example of that. Same with a Liquid Snake prequel. Neither character has enough complexity in the end result of their lives to warrant exploring their background. The Boss wasn't developed in MGS3 at all, nor was her relationship with Biggie, and exploring that further is kind of too little, too late, because Biggie's interactions with The Boss in MGS3 consisted almost literally of, "The Boss!" Or, "The Boss, why are you doing this?!"

Subsequently, Liquid Snake is too one note to warrant exploring further. We have all we need to know about him. Exploring his past only makes sense if the character he grew up to be had a semblance of complexity. But all his complexity begins and ends with his backstory, not his present. His present is a petty cunt with an inferiority complex who acts like a dime a dozen pruning, hammy bad guy.
Quote:

Saying how Hideo feels now, is like beating a dead horse dry. It's pointless, I was just merely stating, nothing is impossible, and nothing is concrete.
It's so unlikely that it may as well be concrete and impossible. Konami damned its reputation by going Scorched Earth on Kojima, and you only go that route if some serious bad blood has been drawn. When have people ever come back after one massive "fuck you" like that?

And contractually, we'll never know the full story because Kojima isn't legally allowed to talk about it, and everyone at Konami is mumming the word.

Taking aside concreteness of it all, what would you say the odds of Kojima ever working on Metal Gear are? And why?
Quote:

People can dream, and people can try to kill dreams I guess too.. to each their own.
I'm...really not sure what that has to do with anything, but yes. Okay then.
Posted Image
Dirty Duck

awards and such

Acid Boss
Member Avatar
Hi-Tech Soldier
Honestly, I see no room for the negativity when I was just merely spouting off what the average consensus is among everyone posting in this thread.

I was not asking any questions, nor did I state anything really differently than anyone else in the one page that this thread even has. Why you felt the need to put me on blast with a high negativity attitude, I'm not sure.

You can look at it like you're actually giving valuable information in the form of negativity, and that it's a positive aspect to any debate, but you have no relevance to your statements as far as I'm concerned. You, nor I were involved in the deep of the Konami/Kojima debacle, but you insist on knowing it better than anyone else with that attitude.

Also, you seem pretty adamant that your statements carry more weight, but yet you clearly acknowledge you're an oddball in the fandom sense of things by stating the games that make you a fan, vs the average MGS/MGS3 is the best. So I sit here scratching my head.

But no need to reply to that, I'm not concerned with your feelings or your opinions on the matter anymore. It's evident that we have no room for free thought without being bashed to shit.

Some things never change.

The Departed
Member Avatar

Acid-Boss

The negativity came from "MGSV was a hard pill to swallow," because when talking MGS and its Hometown Buffet of problems as a series, that's an outlandish thing to say, and after enough back and forth with people who generalize and overreact, I'm bored of trying with certain subjects.

All I'll say is this; Duke Nukem Forever is a hard pill to swallow. Bikini Clad Sniper Mute is just another MGS game to add to the pile.

Even then, only the first 3 lines of that initial post were about that. The rest was addressed at the idea as a whole, which led to the "what series have you people been playing?" side of things.

The rest of that post wasn't addressed at you, but just a general statement of the topic at hand, because this isn't the first time it's. o e up, and the reality is, it's pretty binary a subject.

Not concrete fact or pretending I know more than anyone else. I even asked you if you honestly thought Kojima would ever come back after everything that happened, and if so, why? But you opted to ignore that part, when really, I'm just talking about what we have all bared witness to; that there really isn't much discussion on this particular subject to be had.

If you think I'm wrong, then please state why. If you don't want to, then again, clearly there isn't much discussion to be had.

Besides, I've been here ten years. You think I'd stay on this forum exclusively to talk Metal Gear? I'm here because I enjoy the company of many regulars. One of our admins hasn't even played an MGS game before. Point being, opinions can change with time. Once upon a time, I liked these games more than I do now. Then that changed at some point, and now I don't, for the most part.
Edited by The Departed, Mar 8 2017, 11:45:07 PM.
Posted Image
Dirty Duck

awards and such

Young Snake
Member Avatar
Mr. President

The concrete truth of it all is that Kojima has been dying to get out of the MGS clutch for years. Now that Konami own the IP and Kojima has left the best we could hope for is a reinterpretation of the MGS universe in the far future. It won't be Solid Snake, it won't be Metal Gear, it won't be Scissors 61, but perhaps a tribute.

Metal Gear Solid 6 by Kojima? Nope.
Posted Image

It matters not if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is what the glass contains

JOIN DESPERADO ENFORCEMENT

For the Common Good

You know you wanna tap it

BaZooka TooTH 3
Jail Guard
THIS IS ABSOLUTE COMPLETE F*KN BULLSH*T! I HAVE NOT BEEN ON THIS FORUM IN SO LONG* I REMEMBER BACK IN 1999* I PURCHASED A PS1 FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE TO PLAY MGS* I PLAYED IT OVER AND OVER* I LOVE MGS* I LOVE MGS2 FOR THE PS2* THE FIRST GAME TO EVER ACKNOWLEDGE MY BIRTHDAY THAT I PLAYED EVER* THEN SNAKE EATER* I EVEN TOOK THE TIME TO COMPLETE MG AND MG2 SOLID SNAKE MSX BONUS ON SNAKE EATER DISK* I RARELY GAME FOR HOURS AND HOURS EVER ANYMORE* BUT WHENEVER THERE "USE TO BE" A NEW METAL GEAR TITLE FOR ME IT WAS LIKE A HOLIDAY AS SOON AS IT HIT THE SHELF* PEACE WALKER, PORTABLE OPS* I TOOK OFF WORK EARLY WHEN THE GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS WAS RELEASED* I EVEN THOUGHT METAL GEAR RISING WAS AN OK SUB STORY* BUT THIS ZOMBIE STUFF? ITS FAIRLY NEW NEWS TO ME* ONE OF THE FEW SERIES I HAVE BEEN LOYAL TO IS TRULY DEAD* KOJIMA KNOCKED OFF HAYTER* THEN KONAMI KNOCKED OFF KOJIMA* AND WHY COULDNT THEY ALL JUST GET ALONG? WISH I WAS MAKING THE MONEY THEY ALL MADE FROM REAL MG FANS* AN ENTIRE SAGA DESTROYED* ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS GIVE ME! 1 OR 2 MORE "SOLID" GAMES! JUST REMAKE "METAL GEAR & METAL GEAR 2 SOLID SNAKE* MODERNIZED*! BEYOND AN 8 BIT CONSOLE* BIG BOSS VS SOLID SNAKE* IN OUTER HEAVEN* I WANTED TO SEE IT* WAS SURE IT WAS ON ITS WAY* IT WAS GONNA BRING THE SAGA FULL CIRCLE! WORST EPIC FAILURE IN THE HISTORY OF GAMING FOR ME* DECADES OLD ONCE SUCCESSFUL SAGA TURNED INTO A STREET WALKING HARLOT* I HOPE KONAMI WILL RECONSIDER* MAYBE KOJIMA COULD BUY THE RIGHTS TO MG:( IT CANNOT END LIKE THIS! NEVER GAME OVER!!!!!!!!!! SNAKE!!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU OK?!! SNAKE! SNAKE!!!!!!!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Kojima Productions · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin Global Moderator Forum Moderator Member Validating Banned