Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
"Venom" starring Tom Hardy; Spider-Man spin-off
Topic Started: May 20 2017, 03:51:17 PM (2,975 Views)
Bread
Member Avatar
MGSV is a bit shit

Quote:

Sony's Marvel spin-off focusing on Spider-Man villain Venom has found its lead actor in Tom Hardy.

According to reports, the Oscar-nominated actor is in “final negotiations” to play the character under the guidance of Zombieland director Ruben Fleischer. He is said to be playing Eddie Brock, the first character to become the alien symbiote, in the film which has been written by Scott Rosenberg and Jeff Pinkner (The Amazing Spider-Man 2, 2014).

The project, which was announced earlier this year, is set to be released 5 October 2018.

Having been forced to cancel the planned Sinister Six film, Sony is rebooting its Marvel-affiliated slate with Spider-Man: Homecoming which will serve as Tom Holland's first solo outing as the web-slinger.

The studio is also prepping films focused on other characters from the Spider-Man universe, including Silver Sable.

Venom, created by writer David Michelinie and artists Todd McFarlane and Mike Zeck, was first introduced in 1968. The character was one of many villains to appear in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 3 in which he was played by Topher Grace.

Hardy's credits include The Dark Knight Rises, The Revenant, Legend and Christopher Nolan's upcoming WWII drama Dunkirk.

Oooooooh
[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]
Awards

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CIA
Member Avatar

In before max payne dislikes all posts because he hates tom hardy movies.
Posted Image
Edited by CIA, May 20 2017, 05:41:04 PM.
Posted Image
Departed: I hate MGS 1 because I'm old.
Forum Bling

WhiteThinDuke
Member Avatar

so does this mean Venom is in the MCU or nah?
Also I cant say this enough, they need to have Venom's personality mirror this

Edited by WhiteThinDuke, May 20 2017, 06:42:59 PM.

Octavious Wrex
Member Avatar
The man, the myth, the Monster

The Sony/Marvel deal is still mostly unknown, but there is a good chance that it will be under the MF umbrella like Homecoming and Hulk film staring Edward Norton (which is actually Universal in association with Marvel Films)

Ultimately though it's up to the two companies, if Marvel liked the script then it will probably be a MF, however they can always split.

We do know that Tom Holland will be in the next 2 Avengers films and that Homecoming and the following Spider-Man film are all contracted to be in the MFU, even though Sony is making the SM films with help from Marvel.
Spoiler: click to toggle

Posted Image
Compromise where you can. Where you can't, don't. Even if everyone is telling you that something wrong is something right. Even if the whole world is telling you to move, it is your duty to plant yourself like a tree, look them in the eye, and say 'No, you move'.

Ef9 o shea
Member Avatar
Hadoken

If they put the effort in this could be pretty good

I look forward to seeing how it turns out
Posted Image

Jassassino
Member Avatar
Avocados at law.

WhiteThinDuke
May 20 2017, 06:39:55 PM
so does this mean Venom is in the MCU or nah?
Also I cant say this enough, they need to have Venom's personality mirror this

Yasss best Venom. Surf the web, surf the web.
Posted Image
Piss off, ghost!
Rest in Peace, OS.

Welcome to the Gallery
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Departed
Member Avatar
Your friendly neighborhood truck

I want Venom to have a Venom T-Shirt.

Posted Image

That is all.
Posted Image
Dirty Duck

Duck as sake no bidibgeybfbfhailhydradrinkn:(

awards and such

r.i.p. to the coolest dude we'll ever know :gary:

Tom Cruise
Member Avatar
Ultimate
hmmm...i really dont know what to think

on one hand, venom is my favorite villain in any fiction but a solo movie? and with tom hardy? warning flags already on this. I want to believe tho... and they better have the symbiote cover his face properly, by a mouth forming arount he neck and swallowing the head...one of the few things the spiderman TAS did right
DEAD CELL 4 LIFE 4 EVER
R.I.P. GARY

Posted Image

Webbie
Member Avatar
THUG ROSE!
I love Tom Hardy but never been into Spiderman (nor the villains from Spiderman obvs).

Maybe now's my chance to get into the Venom character a little bit. Depends on how it turns out I suppose.
[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]

Edgelord
Member Avatar
A nutjob without borders

Are they going to sacrafice venoms look for constant actor faceshots? I mean does it need a bigname star when the actor or a stunt double will be CGI'd?
BEFORE THY BECOMES SALTY WITH THE TEARS OF BEING OFFENDED.
BEHOLD THE FIELD IN WHICH I GROW MY FUCKS TO GIVE.
LAY THINE EYES UPON IT AND SEE THAT IT IS BARREN

The Baneposter
Member Avatar
Only me

GlutenFreeFannny
May 25 2017, 12:37:09 PM
Are they going to sacrafice venoms look for constant actor faceshots? I mean does it need a bigname star when the actor or a stunt double will be CGI'd?
Venom isn't going to be in his symbiote 24/7 probably a good quarter or half of the movie will be spent with Eddie Brock, first and foremost. Second of all an actor is more than a face, you need someone who can pull off the right body language, voice and delivery for the character.
Posted Image

Edgelord
Member Avatar
A nutjob without borders

The Baneposter
May 30 2017, 08:10:48 PM
GlutenFreeFannny
Venom isn't going to be in his symbiote 24/7 probably a good quarter or half of the movie will be spent with Eddie Brock, first and foremost. Second of all an actor is more than a face, you need someone who can pull off the right body language, voice and delivery for the character.
Lets hope its not another bane then because that was a terrible sean connery impersonation
BEFORE THY BECOMES SALTY WITH THE TEARS OF BEING OFFENDED.
BEHOLD THE FIELD IN WHICH I GROW MY FUCKS TO GIVE.
LAY THINE EYES UPON IT AND SEE THAT IT IS BARREN

sadistic_greyfox
Member Avatar
Midnight Leader

Tom Hardy is a boss. if this is a stinker it DEFINITELY wont be his fault, CRUISE.

I dont have high Hopes for this movie at all. A movie dedicated to him? WTF is that even?
Posted Image
Missing you more with each day, Joe

The Baneposter
Member Avatar
Only me

GlutenFreeFannny
Jun 1 2017, 04:44:26 PM
The Baneposter
May 30 2017, 08:10:48 PM
GlutenFreeFannny
Lets hope its not another bane then because that was a terrible sean connery impersonation

Hardy's Bane is the most faithful adaptation of the character yet, more so than TAS even.

sadistic_greyfox
Jun 1 2017, 04:51:21 PM
Tom Hardy is a boss. if this is a stinker it DEFINITELY wont be his fault, CRUISE.

I dont have high Hopes for this movie at all. A movie dedicated to him? WTF is that even?

It's doable. There's been comic storylines that centered just around Venom and/or other symbiotes; but have they even confirmed what Venom they're doing? could be Eddie Brock, or it could be Agent Venom/Flash Thompson.

EDIT:
WhiteThinDuke and everyone asking
This movie is not part of the MCU. Spidey's not even involved in any capacity, it stands completely on its own as I understand.
Edited by The Baneposter, Jun 1 2017, 05:37:14 PM.
Posted Image

The Departed
Member Avatar

The-Baneposter

It's been confirmed that Tom Hardy is playing Eddie Brock, since Flash Thompson is in Homecoming, and it doesn't look like Sony / Disney are sharing characters.

Which brings me to another concern; how do you do a Venom movie without Spider-Man?
Also Bane was a beast, and that voice brought personality to his revolutionary side. The Sean Connery thing only comes from the over-exaggeration of the 'Bane voice wannabes.' They's posers.
Edited by The Departed, Jun 1 2017, 05:36:58 PM.
Posted Image
Dirty Duck

awards and such

V
Member Avatar

The Departed
Jun 1 2017, 05:35:38 PM
Which brings me to another concern; how do you do a Venom movie without Spider-Man?
Yeah, what the fuck? Isn't is supposed to be connected to the MCU?

Maybe they'll make a 3rd one with Andrew Garfield and go with the Sinister Six idea.
I thought he was kidding, but I
soon realized that Mr. Kojima was serious.

Posted Image

The Baneposter
Member Avatar
Only me

The-Departed
Well you've got two sides of Eddie Brock they could play off: villain and anti-hero.
Villain seems unlikely because the principal hero is missing, so we're likely going to see an anti hero. Meteorite crashes into earth or whatever, down on his luck/cancer victim Eddie Brock [this was a plot point for a period] is attached to it curing him of cancer and giving super abilities and what not.

I'm guessing they'll have it tempt him to do fucked up shit but he'll use it to fight crime/other villains somehow? I really don't know. This is a weird movie.
Posted Image

The Departed
Member Avatar

V

Nah, Sony is its' own world unrelated to MCU. Basically, Venom is to MCU what Deadpool is to the X-Men franchise, which is to say, fuck all.

The-Baneposter

I guess they could go the anti-hero route, since Venom does have his own comic book series. The way I can see this movie working is if you still have a strong character arc and a strong villain pushing Venom and his symbiote. In this case, if you do Venom, I can't think of any other villain than Carnage, since, I guess Venom brain rapes anyone else, right?
Posted Image
Dirty Duck

awards and such

The Baneposter
Member Avatar
Only me

V
Jun 1 2017, 05:37:49 PM
The Departed
Jun 1 2017, 05:35:38 PM
Yeah, what the fuck? Isn't is supposed to be connected to the MCU?

Maybe they'll make a 3rd one with Andrew Garfield and go with the Sinister Six idea.
Sony's made an incredibly bizarre deal with Marvel surrounding Spider Man and his characters. Sony can make Spider-Man movies, but they'd be self contained and not a part of the MCU while the MCU can include Spidey in its movies. Both of them retain the profits of their respective films without interfering with the other.

So maybe they will include a Spider-Man [or woman, who knows?] in some capacity, but it won't be Homecoming/MCU Spidey and they'll remain separate.
Posted Image

The Departed
Member Avatar

The-Baneposter

It'd be fucking nuts if they brought Garfield back lol.
Posted Image
Dirty Duck

awards and such

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Movies & T.V Chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin · Global Moderator · Forum Moderator · Member · Validating · Banned