Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Metal Gear: Survive News & Updates Thread
Topic Started: Aug 22 2017, 05:54:49 PM (2,408 Views)
The Departed
Member Avatar
Nigel Blartberry

Eh, figured we could use a designated place for actual updates instead of just General Chat which is mostly just pissing about anyway.

Some updates with Surviveance. Like how TPP had motherbase, here Surviveance has a camp site outside of a shrekt strut from motherbase:

Posted Image

And apparently, it is a little more hands on with development and customization than in TPP:
Posted Image

Here's also a little look at I guess crafting for aesthetics, which has a wider array of gear choices, not just limited to Diamond Dogs shit, but also Soviet gear, MSF, and I'm guessing probably other shit.
Posted Image

And here's another mish-mash map, from Africa. It you look closely, it's the boat where Eli's boss fight takes place and what looks like mines from the kid rescue mission:
Posted Image

Also, character progression translates between both single player and co-op, so whatever skills, weapons or gear you unlock in single player, carries over into co-op.

Still no fucking clue what single player looks like tho. \_(:/)_/
Posted Image
Dirty Duck

Duck as sake no bidibgeybfbfhailhydradrinkn:(

awards and such

r.i.p. to the coolest dude we'll ever know :gary:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Daniel89
Light Infantry
All we know is early 2018. When will they announce a release date?

The Departed
Member Avatar
Nigel Blartberry

Probably not until either late this year or at the start of next year. Early 2018 could be anywhere between February and April, since, if it was as early as January, they'd haul ass to get it out by December in time for Christmas sales.
Posted Image
Dirty Duck

awards and such

Ef9 o shea
Member Avatar
Hadoken

So a camp of water purifiers lol fair enough

Posted Image

Daniel89
Light Infantry
It doesn't seem like a large game either. I'm wondering if it's going to be a physical or digital only game. Or will it be DLC for MGSV? Konami have even said its not going to be a full price game.

The Departed
Member Avatar
Nigel Blartberry

ef9-o-shea

Don't forget the GZ buildings and watch huts. I wish we could actually form walls and make actual bases, like original outposts using pre-existing assets. That's a spinoff with some meat to its zombie bones lol.

Daniel89

Pretty sure it's still a disc. Being small didn't stop GZ from being hard copy after all.
Posted Image
Dirty Duck

awards and such

Ef9 o shea
Member Avatar
Hadoken

Well i was hoping for something to draw me in , but i have yet to see it
Posted Image

Daniel89
Light Infantry
The Departed
Aug 22 2017, 07:58:35 PM
ef9-o-shea

Don't forget the GZ buildings and watch huts. I wish we could actually form walls and make actual bases, like original outposts using pre-existing assets. That's a spinoff with some meat to its zombie bones lol.

Daniel89

Pretty sure it's still a disc. Being small didn't stop GZ from being hard copy after all.
Good point but that was a main entry in the series this is just a spin off not a canon game

Novitch
Member Avatar
Knight
What is this shit?

The Departed
Member Avatar
Nigel Blartberry

ef9-o-shea

Yeah, I dunno why they're still so coy about the damn single player. We've literally already seen all we need to about the co-op. This sheds some light on base management which, tbh, does look more interesting then base management in the other games, but that don't make a game.

I wanna see boss fights, dammit. I already know Skully ain't gonna show up as some poor twat who got sucked off in the vortex. Just show me some big hulking ass monsters with new moves. All I ask, dammit...
Posted Image
Dirty Duck

awards and such

Ef9 o shea
Member Avatar
Hadoken

My guess is boss fights are just berserker like huge zombie/tlou clickers

If that is so then that will be boring
Posted Image

Silent Assassin
Member Avatar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Base building looks inteesting.
Posted Image

bigbossbalrog
Member Avatar
Yuri Addict
Metal Gear with Zombies...and Harvest Moon elements? I don't know guys :(

I'm INTERESTED (which is way more then I expected) but i'm not quite sold yet if you get my meaning...
Posted Image

The Departed
Member Avatar
Nigel Blartberry

bigbossbalrog

I think that's most of us tbh.
Posted Image
Dirty Duck

awards and such

Daniel89
Light Infantry
I'm pretty sure we'll be fighting a metal gear somewhere in the game

Doakes
Member Avatar

That was all but established after the first trailer. My HOPE is Zeke, simply because I want to see new enemies in some capacity. And because I enjoyed the boss fights of MGSV, new types of bosses with MGSV's structuring is entirely welcome.

I think it's safe to say that the customization in this game looks GREAT! Part of why I was so disappointed with MGO3's customization and even MGSV's limited attires was because the actual character design in MGSV was astounding. The enemies in particular, all seemed quite varied and felt like various, gritty soldiers, which I quite like. So seeing that we have such a wider array of attires, and a more hands on means to mix and match them is going to a very long way for me. I sadly don't expect entirely new outfits, but so long as they make full use of everything across both regions, as well as both Diamond Dogs and MSF, then I can see attires being far more individualized than they were in MGO3.

As it stands, I'm probably one of the few set on buying this game on day one. Perhaps there are others here who just don't want to admit it, but most likely, it's a very select few, for the time being. Even though all the maps are likely to be an amalgam of different assets from preexisting Outposts, I'm eager to see how they feel. As well as how stealth works when there's a wider amount of zombies than what's been seen thus far, since, from what the Impressions have stated, stealth was unnecessary in that first level.

In truth, I don't know what I'm expecting. I'm not expecting to be AMAZED. I'm not expecting this game to be even half as good as MGSV. But I AM expecting to be entertained, if nothing else. This game already looks like it's doing enough to differentiate itself from MGSV, for me. It just needs to not be one thing, and from what I understand, the game ISN'T just defending Wormhole Generators from start to finish. If I end up disappointed in the end, I still doubt it will be half as disappointing as Ghost Recon: Wildlands, or even Ground Zeroes.
Posted Image

Weedle_McHairybug
Hi-Tech Soldier
Honestly, if nothing else, the base customization that was announced at least has me come very close to being sold on the game, considering I can tell this is definitely going to be a massive improvement over Mother Base in both MGSV and Peace Walker (to be honest, I'm actually downright disappointed with how those bases turned out in those games. We have the opportunity to build up those bases, and we aren't even allowed to explore the bases fully, heck, at all in the case of Peace Walker and to a certain extent Ground Zeroes)? Say what you will about Portable Ops and its lacking of an explorable base camp of your own, at least THAT had an in-universe excuse since the only camp Big Boss and Campbell had was a truck (and later two trucks thanks to Elisa), meaning there wasn't much to explore there, anyhow. Mother Base should have allowed us the opportunity to explore the base, both outdoors and especially indoors so we could truly marvel at our creation up close.

All I'm waiting for is for any announcement on microtransactions and/or Event FOB-style contests since that will be a dealbreaker for me (if they don't have them, I'll get it, otherwise, especially microtransactions...). I'm not particularly expecting much of a story (and quite frankly, after the crappy job they did with MGSV's story, and even to some extent Peace Walker's story, I'm actually hoping they don't have much of a story. If they DO have a story in the game, it better be good and actually have far less retcons involved. We've already got FAR too much retcons as it is in this series, ESPECIALLY under Kojima's watch. At least Portable Ops and Rising, Gray Fox aside (and he at least got the broad strokes of Big Boss's meeting with him down), made every attempt to keep retcons to a bare minimum, so if there is no other reason to like them, we can at least like them for not retconning too much of the dang story.).

I'm pretty sure we'll get actual details on the first player mode and boss fights when it comes up at TGS 2017 (It managed to appear at this year's E3 and Gamescom, it's practically a given that it will appear at TGS this year).
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Departed
Member Avatar
Nigel Blartberry

Not gonna NGL, the fact that we can rock those sexy XOF outfits is kind of a turnon.

The cunt in the lower bottom left side.
Posted Image
Dirty Duck

awards and such

Edgelord
Member Avatar
A nutjob without borders

The Departed
Aug 24 2017, 03:48:36 AM
Not gonna NGL, the fact that we can rock those sexy XOF outfits is kind of a turnon.

The cunt in the lower bottom left side.
Wonder how much of my money I'll need to spend to get that
BEFORE THY BECOMES SALTY WITH THE TEARS OF BEING OFFENDED.
BEHOLD THE FIELD IN WHICH I GROW MY FUCKS TO GIVE.
LAY THINE EYES UPON IT AND SEE THAT IT IS BARREN

Ef9 o shea
Member Avatar
Hadoken

Pretty big hammer on his back lol

Metal dead rising lol
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Metal Gear Survive · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin Global Moderator Forum Moderator Member Validating Banned