Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Survive Controversy
Topic Started: Aug 28 2017, 12:12:56 PM (1,296 Views)
Daniel89
Light Infantry
You know how people hate Konami now and Survive has had a lot of negativity. I haven't even seen any of the major gaming sites like IGN covering anything about it. Even when it was playable at E3 and Gamescom lol. The only person I've seen covering it is Yong the Metal Gear YouTuber.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ef9 o shea
Member Avatar
Hadoken

The simple truth is they have no new footage to cover for it

I doubt it's a boycott
Posted Image

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Daniel89
Light Infantry
Ef9 o shea
Aug 28 2017, 03:29:50 PM
The simple truth is they have no new footage to cover for it

I doubt it's a boycott
I haven't seen any gaming sites actually playing the demo though and giving their impression of the game

Ef9 o shea
Member Avatar
Hadoken

Maybe they weren't invited to who knows

Wouldn't read too much into it just yet

Posted Image

Doakes
Member Avatar

Several of those sites have, Daniel89 - In fact, IGN played the E3 demo and posted their thoughts.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/15/e3-2017-metal-gear-survive-doesnt-understand-the-series-strengths

Their impressions were less than enthusiastic, but hardly a boycott. In fact, they were the very first site to announce Metal Gear: SurVive's existence. The only ones likely to boycott this game are the YouTubers like YongYea, Jim Sterling, or fans who either just aren't interested in a zombie game or Co-Op game, who just may not be interested in this game specifically, regardless of anything, or the types who are high on this "Fuck Konami" nonsense.

But to say that they're boycotting would be INCREDIBLY counter-intuitive. Think about it, the gaming community is highly skeptical of this game, and so, any news or reviews about SurVive will be a MAJOR draw for viewers, which increases ad-revenue. Viewers who want this game to be bad or are just hoping that it's actually good, will eagerly check out any reviews that might hint as such. Whether sites like IGN, Gamespot, Kotaku or Eurogamer end up vindicating those people or contradicting them, that's still tons of views from eager readers. This game, more than any game with Metal Gear in the title, will hinge on word of mouth and reviews, and the gaming sites only stand to lose out by boycotting it because any review is going to be a major view puller.

So, I wouldn't concern myself with the lack of anything. It's more that there really isn't a whole lot of footage to work with, and Konami is still inviting gaming sites like IGN, who have, since day one, been less than thrilled with the idea of SurVive.
Posted Image

Daniel89
Light Infantry
I didn't realise IGN had actually covered it I just follow their YouTube channel and Facebook page. Haven't seen anything on there recently

Doakes
Member Avatar

IGN and Gamespot won't post anything on their YouTube pages unless they have the visuals to back it up. Footage in reviews is used to visualize their points. Without that footage, all they have is their word, which doesn't provide the visual context. And unfortunately, these demos have not been broadcast events, so they don't have new footage to showcase their points from their impressions thus far.
Posted Image

Ef9 o shea
Member Avatar
Hadoken

Doakes was far better and more articulate in his explanation lol

And he is spot on

No conspiracy lol
Posted Image

Daniel89
Light Infantry
I'm actually annoyed with Konami. With all the time, effort and resources they're putting into Survive they could be using all that to remaster one of the old MGS games. Why waste the fox engine on a game no one asked for?

Ef9 o shea
Member Avatar
Hadoken

They are making survive on fox engine with re-used tpp assets as it is a quick turn over for profit with less development time needed

Smart realy as everyone loves tpp's gameplay mechanics
Posted Image

Daniel89
Light Infantry
People have been asking for remasters for years though. Don't they listen? Survive is the total opposite of what people want. It's nothing more than a cash grab

Ef9 o shea
Member Avatar
Hadoken

This is konami you are talking about , number 1 priority to them is profit

Fans are way down the list and they class the hd collection and legacy collection as remasters

Twin snakes covers mgs1
Posted Image

Daniel89
Light Infantry
Yeah it's a shame they don't seem to care anymore. If Kojima offered them the right amount of money he could buy the rights to Metal Gear of them so it could be in good hands. But they'll never let it go.

The series is pretty much over now anyway. At least we can still relive the memories on our old consoles. Remember when that Konami PR guy on Reddit said they had something planned for the 30th anniversary and how the series was in good hands? That was obviously bs. We've had no news about an anniversary celebration at all. The higher ups obviously just made him say all that stuff for damage control.
Edited by Daniel89, Aug 28 2017, 10:09:58 PM.

Edgelord
Member Avatar
A nutjob without borders

Tbh konami are pricks yes but let's be honest before tpp (my favourite game btw) the only mgs games were psp ones that never sold well. The castlevania games never did too well either. The only ones that sold moderately were the soccer games.

They would have spent more money in the creation of peace walker, gz and TP, staff wages and the fox engine than they gained.

Still retarded that they cut production on tpp and silent hills, the latter would have been their highest selling game. But konami makes super bucks from their other businesses than gaming.
They make Call of duty black ops money on a single pachinko machine. They also make billions from other ventures. I guess in the time between mgs4 and tpp they felt that they losing too much money
BEFORE THY BECOMES SALTY WITH THE TEARS OF BEING OFFENDED.
BEHOLD THE FIELD IN WHICH I GROW MY FUCKS TO GIVE.
LAY THINE EYES UPON IT AND SEE THAT IT IS BARREN

Daniel89
Light Infantry
I understand as a business they have to make money but not while saying F***k you to all the fans in the process
Edited by Daniel89, Aug 29 2017, 09:25:48 AM.

Khun
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
I'm sure that many aren't interested by this game. Understandable, because it would be impossible to make Big Boss appear as a villain (given the fact that he's in the coma in bewteen the events of Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain).

Ef9 o shea
Member Avatar
Hadoken

Seriously khun , are you that petty you need to de-rail othet threads too with that garbage

Smh
Posted Image

Khun
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
I'm not. So you guys don't want to have a game featuring BB as an actual villain anymore? If so, my bad.

Ef9 o shea
Member Avatar
Hadoken

It has nothing to do with big boss or anybody wanting him to be a villain

Its a non canon entry about msf survivors

Posted Image

Khun
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
Yes and I said WHY many aren't interested by this game. What is so hard to understand?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Metal Gear Survive · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin Global Moderator Forum Moderator Member Validating Banned