Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Zone of the Enders remaster
Topic Started: Sep 19 2017, 12:03:17 PM (1,014 Views)
Daniel89
Light Infantry
News just in Konami have announced the following

Coming to Steam/PC, PS4 and PSVR in Spring 2018... Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner M∀RS.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ilrtIM0EiUs
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NateDog
Member Avatar
We have arrived.
Looks good. I was always devastated we never got a third. Second Runner is a superb game, it has rough sections for sure but when it's good it can be fucking amazing. Think I might end up going for it.
Watch this space.

Daniel89
Light Infantry
And people say Konami don't care about games anymore. I think this says otherwise. Maybe porting the Metal Gear games is the next plan

trimegadon
Member Avatar
all out.

ZOE with VR makes so much sense. I like it.
Edited by trimegadon, Sep 19 2017, 02:15:58 PM.
SHADOW MOSES

Daniel89
Light Infantry
Better than nothing. Konami are damned if they do now and damned if they don't they can't win

Ef9 o shea
Member Avatar
Hadoken

Putting zoe on ps4 with vr doesn't mean anything about the mgs series daniel89 , wouldn't get any ideas lol.Seems pretty obvious that survive is all we are getting.

As for zoe itself il pass as i still have the originals and play em now and then
Posted Image

Daniel89
Light Infantry
You ever know they may be starting to listen to fans

Ef9 o shea
Member Avatar
Hadoken

Lmao this is konami you are talking about
Posted Image

Daniel89
Light Infantry
You can't say for sure. It's impossible to know what they're working on behind the scenes

The Departed
Member Avatar
Your friendly neighborhood truck

Ultimately, who knows, maybe they will, maybe they'll tell us to go fuck ourselves.

Either way, Zone of Enders 2 was pretty tight, so I'm curious how this turns out.
Posted Image
Dirty Duck

Duck as sake no bidibgeybfbfhailhydradrinkn:(

awards and such

r.i.p. to the coolest dude we'll ever know :gary:

Daniel89
Light Infantry
I wouldn't completely lose hope in Konami just yet. If anything this is a good sign

Konami aren't a bad company as they've been made out to be. All the shenanigans that went on was between the higher ups in Japan. It doesn't reflect how the whole company is. So they obviously do make games still. They never stopped. PES, MG Survive (and possibly future MGS games) now a ZOE Remaster. Looks like they're starting to deliver what fans want. You just have to be patient stuff like this takes time.

The Departed
Member Avatar
Your friendly neighborhood truck

I'm not one of those fuckkonami people because that shit is fucking stupid and generalized like a motherfuck.

That said, I'm also not holding out hope that Konami is gonna one day turn into the CD Rekt (That isn't their name, is it...) of video game companies, because the high ups in Konami Japan do still ultimately have the final say in everything the company does, and those few suits in charge have made a number of stupid decisions for profits sake.

Whether or not they throw us a bone once in a while remains to be seen. I'll hope that might eventually happen since those bones can be profitable, but I'm not gonna hold out waiting, and I would strongly advise against doing so.

Rather, I'd say approach it like this:

Just move on, and if, one day, they toss a bone our way that we all love, great. Just don't sit around waiting on said bone, because that'll only make you hungrier.
Posted Image
Dirty Duck

Duck as sake no bidibgeybfbfhailhydradrinkn:(

awards and such

r.i.p. to the coolest dude we'll ever know :gary:

Ef9 o shea
Member Avatar
Hadoken

Still think that daniel89 is a konami rep/employee lol
Edited by Ef9 o shea, Sep 19 2017, 08:29:32 PM.
Posted Image

sadistic_greyfox
Member Avatar
Midnight Leader

If this game gets good reviews for the vr, consider me an owner of a new vr rig,
Posted Image
Missing you more with each day, Joe

Spoiler: click to toggle

Edgelord
Member Avatar
A nutjob without borders

They should just remake it and add new current gen graphics and gameplay mechanics
BEFORE THY BECOMES SALTY WITH THE TEARS OF BEING OFFENDED.
BEHOLD THE FIELD IN WHICH I GROW MY FUCKS TO GIVE.
LAY THINE EYES UPON IT AND SEE THAT IT IS BARREN

sadistic_greyfox
Member Avatar
Midnight Leader

GlutenFreeFannny
Sep 19 2017, 08:40:08 PM
They should just remake it and add new current gen graphics and gameplay mechanics
What do you think they are, a multimillion dollar company that makes a ton of money, they're just a small indie studio!

Posted Image
Missing you more with each day, Joe

Spoiler: click to toggle

NateDog
Member Avatar
We have arrived.
I don't think Konami are changing necessarily but I do agree that this is a step in the right direction. They have been raking in so much money from Pachinko machines and have had little to piss it away on with their efforts in the gaming market dropping off of a cliff. They're making a comeback with Pro Evolution a little, and are now doing this. The best thing to do really is see where we are about half a year after MG: Survive has released and see what happens. Until that has come and gone we can't really tell what they may do, and I don't think they can either.
Watch this space.

trimegadon
Member Avatar
all out.

Getting involved with other stuff besides MGS is the right thing for Konami rn. There is so much nostalgia with franchises like Castlevania , silent hills etc. that they can biuld up some momentum with. MGS can wait imo until they have something substantial to show.
Edited by trimegadon, Sep 19 2017, 09:05:15 PM.
SHADOW MOSES

Daniel89
Light Infantry
All that stuff where people said they were moving away from gaming and focusing on pachinko machines was obviously false information. They're still making games

Tom Cruise
Member Avatar
Ultimate
zoe2 was dope, im actually doing a big oil painting of anubis and jehuty
DEAD CELL 4 LIFE 4 EVER
R.I.P. GARY

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Kojima Productions · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin Global Moderator Forum Moderator Member Validating Banned