Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Kinda wish there was more to amazing Chyornaya Peschera...
Topic Started: Oct 31 2017, 02:26:08 AM (232 Views)
Light Infantry
Dunno, that cave was such great location for stealth; wish there was more than just trying to find your way out.

I'm not game designer, and have no idea about those things, but I think it would have been great if there were some guards equipped with NVG, especially being sensitive to light we are producing, be it a torch, cigar, or our own NVG if we used them.

Validated after 4 years.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top
Member Avatar
A nutjob without borders

True. I think kojima and co did great with the limitations they had with the ps2
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top
The Departed
Member Avatar
Your friendly neighborhood truck

I actually hated the caves tbh. Navigating without goggles felt like an absolute choir and having to rely on a map that I gotta constantly pause to view was more than tedious.
Posted Image
Dirty Duck
Duck as sake no bidibgeybfbfhailhydradrinkn:(

awards and such

r.i.p. to the coolest dude we'll ever know :gary:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
Ishmael Snake
Member Avatar
call me Ishmael Snake

I remember the graphics in the caves to be truly amazing the reflections made by the torch, the caves were really hard to pass through first time
Edited by Ishmael Snake, Oct 31 2017, 09:33:59 PM.
Good luck kiefersnake ! "Vic" Boss
Posted Image
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
You can replicate the feeling of being in the cave throughout the entire game by just closing your eyes. Becoming the Blind Snake.

It took me at least 1 hour to get out of that place the first time I played the game. If only I had used the map or increased the brightness of the TV to see better.
The Phantom Snake
Member Avatar
Mother Base Commander
It'd be great for stealth. Especially if the enemies were equipped with infrared goggles. Maybe have Ocelot Unit soldiers with infrared goggles and body armour (which would make them a little bit like battle dress wearing guards of MGSV) hunting you in the cave. The infrared goggles would make the guards see you from a lot farther away than guards normally see you from. And equip the soldiers with something more powerful. Like shotguns and machineguns instead of just assault rifles.
Posted Image
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin Global Moderator Forum Moderator Member Validating Banned