Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
In practice, Biggie was always getting something broke by her, but she is still awesome - The Boss.
Topic Started: Nov 5 2017, 01:21:37 PM (208 Views)
Psajdak
Light Infantry
Be it broken arm, or thrown down, not to mention his mentioned training to endure any kind of torture makes me wonder, if The Boss was really such a saint, or if Biggie is just insane, or if Kojima have no idea that bad things done to someone shouldn't earn you respect.
Validated after 4 years.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Weedle_McHairybug
Hi-Tech Soldier
Psajdak
Nov 5 2017, 01:21:37 PM
Be it broken arm, or thrown down, not to mention his mentioned training to endure any kind of torture makes me wonder, if The Boss was really such a saint, or if Biggie is just insane, or if Kojima have no idea that bad things done to someone shouldn't earn you respect.
Honestly, I think the fact that Kojima treats her as a good guy when he has her definition of patriotism essentially being obeying absolutely any order her higher ups give, even and especially if they're illegal and amoral orders and essentially acting like being a soldier means being soulless people who can be told where to point a gun, not to mention nuke Graniny Gorki and Groznyj Grad despite it being the exact same crap that Volgin did that resulted in him justifiably being denounced as one of the most heinous characters in the series should be a pretty big hint that Kojima truly doesn't even know, or understand that bad things done to people shouldn't earn respect. Same deal with all the crap Solid Snake pulled in Metal Gear Solid 2 (where he had him do all those things, AND created Raiden for that matter, to basically showcase how impressive Solid Snake was).

That, and maybe also thinking morality literally doesn't exist except as something that's man-made, like he claimed in this interview with Rolling Stone:

http://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/features/kojima-death-stranding-aims-to-be-a-new-sort-of-game-of-war-w499148
Edited by Weedle_McHairybug, Nov 5 2017, 05:46:23 PM.

To4oo4
Member Avatar
Jail Guard
Psajdak
Isn't torture resistance included in CIA training though? The Boss might not have been the one who trained him to resist torture.
~T2
Posted Image

Box Tank!
Member Avatar
Jail Guard
Weedle_McHairybug
Nov 5 2017, 05:34:52 PM
Psajdak
Honestly, I think the fact that Kojima treats her as a good guy when he has her definition of patriotism essentially being obeying absolutely any order her higher ups give, even and especially if they're illegal and amoral orders and essentially acting like being a soldier means being soulless people who can be told where to point a gun, not to mention nuke Graniny Gorki and Groznyj Grad despite it being the exact same crap that Volgin did that resulted in him justifiably being denounced as one of the most heinous characters in the series should be a pretty big hint that Kojima truly doesn't even know, or understand that bad things done to people shouldn't earn respect. Same deal with all the crap Solid Snake pulled in Metal Gear Solid 2 (where he had him do all those things, AND created Raiden for that matter, to basically showcase how impressive Solid Snake was).

That, and maybe also thinking morality literally doesn't exist except as something that's man-made, like he claimed in this interview with Rolling Stone:

http://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/features/kojima-death-stranding-aims-to-be-a-new-sort-of-game-of-war-w499148
I think that's kind of the point, she seems almost saintly but she has her own flaws. She let people basically drag her name into the mud, and while she definitely had ideals of peace they came much later. From the moment she had gone to space which would explain why she would accept such a undertaking. The concern she never quite told Big Boss this, explains why he felt so betrayed after Peace Walker was stopped via the boss's will.
Edited by Box Tank!, Jan 30 2018, 10:37:22 PM.
The perfect combination of Stealth and Firepower.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin Global Moderator Forum Moderator Member Validating Banned