Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The first time you saw The End during Virtuous Mission...
Topic Started: Nov 15 2017, 01:16:41 AM (353 Views)
Psajdak
Light Infantry
Did you expect there will be the most amazing sniper boss fight in series with him?

I didn't...

Seriously, first time experiencing him is something beautiful...
Validated after 4 years.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ef9 o shea
Member Avatar
Hadoken

I thought he would be a weird ass boas fight when i first saw him
Posted Image

TheGoodGuy
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
It was interesting going through more than one area to fight him, to think that I was also struggling to find him, a man who's at least a hundred years old, old age means nothing in this series.

Doakes
Member Avatar

The End was a fantastic boss fight, one that takes full advantage of stealth and sneaking around during a fight instead of just all out shooting. The scope of his boss arena and the act of hunting him down and finding him is always a rewarding and enjoyable experience from start to finish, and made even more challenging if you try to take him down non lethally.

That said, I still personally prefer both The Fury and The Boss over him, simply because there's actual risk of death during that fight. It could just be me, but the instant I realized that The End shooting me just boils down to an inconvenience for than anything else killed a lot of tension I felt the very first time I played this fight. I was only ever shot from behind and captured the very first time I played MGS3.
Posted Image

Khun
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
Quote:

That said, I still personally prefer both The Fury and The Boss over him, simply because there's actual risk of death during that fight

You are right. But I think it does make sense because The Cobra Unit was supposed to "help" Snake.

solidsnoop29
Member Avatar
Twitter: @SolidSnoop29, Skype: SolidSnoop29, Twitch: SolidSnoop101
As much as MGS have the best boss fights out of any game series, The End was indeed fascinating. It was really good. The atmosphere, the thrill and the fear of being watched.

It was genius!
Posted Image

I cheated death, thanks to you. And thanks to you I've left my mark. You have too - you've written your own history. You're your own man. I'm Big Boss, and you are too... No... He's the two of us. Together. Where we are today? We built it. This story - this "legend" - it's ours. We can change the world - and with it, the future. I am you, and you are me. Carry that with you, wherever you go. Thank you... my friend. From here on out, you're Big Boss.

V HAS COME TO

Meme x Gene X Scene

MetalGearfan4ever
Member Avatar
Jail Guard
The End is the best Sniper Boss Ever :thumb:
http://b1.ifrm.com/2/163/0/e11872//e11872.gif

solidsnoop29
Member Avatar
Twitter: @SolidSnoop29, Skype: SolidSnoop29, Twitch: SolidSnoop101
I've never seen a game with awesome innovative Boss battles.
MGS3 was one of those games.
I just hope there was more background to his story. All we got was that he was part of COBRA UNIT back in World Wars.
But the gameplay was really awesome. The way that everything is silent, and all you hear is vultures or other wildlife along with The End breathing heavily.
Posted Image

I cheated death, thanks to you. And thanks to you I've left my mark. You have too - you've written your own history. You're your own man. I'm Big Boss, and you are too... No... He's the two of us. Together. Where we are today? We built it. This story - this "legend" - it's ours. We can change the world - and with it, the future. I am you, and you are me. Carry that with you, wherever you go. Thank you... my friend. From here on out, you're Big Boss.

V HAS COME TO

Meme x Gene X Scene

MetalGearfan4ever
Member Avatar
Jail Guard
there should be a game about THE BOSS.
http://b1.ifrm.com/2/163/0/e11872//e11872.gif

To4oo4
Member Avatar
Jail Guard
MetalGearfan4ever
Dec 11 2017, 03:25:57 PM
there should be a game about THE BOSS.
Oh my god yes that would be so fun.
How would they work around the Patriot though?
Edited by To4oo4, Jan 5 2018, 01:04:22 AM.
~T2
Posted Image

DiamondDougs
Jail Guard
I remember thinking that The End, along with the Cobras, were the most rediculous bunch of characters in MG yet, but I wasn't disappointed with the boss battles at all. Kinda like the opposite effect with MGS4. Great times anyway

Khun
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
To be honest, I must say that the fight against Quiet isn't as good and memorable as the one against The End. There was multiple ways to get rid of him. It was also the first (and only) time in the franchise that a boss wasn't trying to kill you.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin Global Moderator Forum Moderator Member Validating Banned