Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Rest in Peace Joe Tomlinson
Topic Started: Dec 13 2017, 10:33:28 PM (3,025 Views)
Supreme Leader Dante
Member Avatar
Supreme Leader

Joe, otherwise known as OS./OcelotSnake passed away on December 7th after a long battle with cancer. Those of us who were lucky enough to know him, game with him and talk with him on a regular basis over the last 10 years will know what an incredible member and human being we have lost.

I'd invite you all to pay your respects and share memories about Joe here. His family have also set up a fundraising page for Sutton Counselling, who helped Joe immeasurably in his ill health. You can donate here https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/inmemoryofjoetomlinson.

Rest in peace Joe. Love you mate.
--------------

sad:
Found this Vid on Joe's Youtube channel, doing the thing he loved the most. Destiny, for those who never met him he was this guy allllllll the time. RIP bud

Edited by sadistic_greyfox, Dec 16 2017, 07:42:23 AM.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

A Big Crocodile
Member Avatar
Filthy casuals

Oh no, that's terrible to hear :( I knew him mostly from his kickass graphics, and he was a cool guy generally. May he rest in peace.
[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]
A Big Bad Croc's Big Bad Bragging Blog || My Soundcloud || My Mixcloud

Forever a boss

Jassassino
Member Avatar
Avocados at law.

Rest in peace, Joe. It was great to talk to you for the time that I did and I'll always remember you. See you, space cowboy.
Posted Image
Piss off, ghost!
Rest in Peace, OS.

Welcome to the Gallery
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

sadistic_greyfox
Member Avatar
Midnight Leader

Joe and I have known each other for probably 10 years. We shared soo much laughs and discussions. We gamed so much but shit man, the laughs we shared. We were 2 guys on the same wavelength from the start. Joe impacted me soo much, I literally loved that guy, he was so special to me and soo much others. So talented, so creative, Smart, funny. I'll probably never know anyone like him again in my whole life. As I take this drink In his remembrance, I realize there will be no one i can nerd wiith over the new Ghost in the Shell season, nobody to talk about Sean Paul, Guy Ritchie or do bad Jason Statham impersonations with. He meant sooo much to me, but I can only imagine how special he was to his own family and those in his life. He helped build this forum at its peak, his talents, humor, and intelligence will never be forgotten by those of us who were lucky enough to spend time with him. I just want to keep talking about Joe, i wish i saved more of our gameplay, i meant to make this video a longgggg time ago and use more video but i dedicate this to your memory man. I love you, i just wish we had more time.

Posted Image
Missing you more with each day, Joe

Spoiler: click to toggle

Dirty Duck
Member Avatar
super𝖛𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖆𝖎𝖓

A man so funny he'd say one phrase and folks would repeat it for years. I'm honoured to have had him edit a picture of me to make it look like I'm wearing a diaper. I wouldn't be able to forget him if I tried.

Rest in peace Joe 🍏
Posted Image
the beast ii

R.I.P G.J.V | R.I.P OS.

Bread
Member Avatar
MGSV is a bit shit

Joe was legitimately the member here who I would argue had the most "presence". His posting activity declined (for obvious reasons), but every time he contributed, his insight and/or opinion was always either intelligent, thought-provoking, hilarious or interesting in some capacity. Usually a combination of all 4. He was a consistently brilliant member.

Rest in Peace, Joe.
Edited by Bread, Dec 14 2017, 01:04:06 AM.
[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]
Awards

The Baneposter
Member Avatar
Only me

He was an incredible human being. I did not know him as well as some of you did but from the the times we have talked he was funny, smart, passionate and just an all around stand up guy.

I still remember the one time I was having an incredibly shitty day and he just made me burst out laughing over WhatsApp by sending me a VN talking about how I was a lizard man.

Rest in peace, Joe. Gone but never forgotten.
Posted Image
Spoiler: click to toggle

Doakes
Member Avatar

Joe was easily the funniest lad on this board, going back years. I still remember all the org jokes and funny pictures from the DC days. My favorite was a lot of the inside jokes we used to have in Dead Cell, even in its' declining state, or those fantastic "Org War" pictures he did to one up Desperado back in the day. Where some members were made to look like they were wearing diapers, and I was made to look like I was watching Bane having sex with a horse. It was absurd, glorious and hilarious, somehow all at once. I remember back in 2007 or so, when some of us got the special "Joe Treatment," and it was both a strangely flattering and laugh inducing bit of madness. "BigK gave me AIDS." I will always remember that glorious banner and his, shall we say, improv on that old profile picture, and it will always make me laugh like a loon. Or "BigK the Dirty Old Ice Cream Truck Driver." Me being the creepy old man even back years, Joe always managed to make that kind of sassy hilarity stick and make it so we were all laughing together.

For those who weren't here as long, Joe used to always venture into the Member Pictures Thread and do some truly magical stuff with some of our faces. And humor aside, anytime he posted in the Opinions section, or just general stuff, he knew how to lend genuine insight and still blend in that great sense of humor he had.

I didn't know him nearly as well as a lot of people here, but he's been one of the members I've always kept in mind for the decade plus that I've been on this forum. And I've always known that he was an all around great human being who genuinely cared about people here.

My sincerest thoughts to his family, his friends and loved ones. Rest in peace, Joe. You were a truly wonderful guy and yours will be a presence missed but never forgotten.
Posted Image

Jassassino
Member Avatar
Avocados at law.

Those of you saying he had such a wide impact because of how funny he is, I can't stress this enough. A Teamspeak I co-own has had a channel named "The Church of Jason Statham" because of his Jason Statham voice messages to groups and during Destiny games I was in with him which made me absolutely crack, so I sent it to people who didn't even know Joe and it made them crack up too.
Posted Image
Piss off, ghost!
Rest in Peace, OS.

Welcome to the Gallery

trimegadon
Member Avatar
all out.

Damn. May his soul rest in peace.

To those who knew him better and his family, please have courage.
SHADOW MOSES

black king
Member Avatar
...Burger King?

Joe was one of the funniest guys to grace the forum. His jokes and graphics were legendary. Looking back, I wish I'd talked with him more. Guy was top notch and will be missed by all who knew him.

Posted Image
The Rules | My MTG Decks

Awards

Black Cat
Member Avatar
Swamp witch

I certainly didn't know him well at all but we had a few interactions during my time on the forums.

When I first became active on the forums he took a couple of jabs at me, which I found insulting, but I didn't understand at the time that it was just his sense of humor. I thought of him as kind of an ass for so long, until I had one chance to be in a voice chat with him and a few of my other friends here on MGSF. After only one voice chat my opinion of him completely changed and I knew he was a really cool guy.

I only regret not having a chance to get to know him better.

Rest in peace, man. I apologize for thinking of you in a bad way for so long.
Posted Image

"If life pushes you down, you gotta push back. If you're dealt a bunch of lemons, you gotta take those lemons and stuff them down somebody's throat until they see yellow." - Frank Reynolds

SSHD - Scary Shit to Hear in the Dark

The Departed
Member Avatar
Your friendly neighborhood truck

Joe was the man. He was great at making people laugh and often times, doing so when pointing out the stupidity of any given subject or person. Whenever the forum had the awards, if Joe won, you knew it was a quality year of laughs for the forum. Whenever anyone else one (coughs), you knew it was a slow year lol.

More than funny, dude was just smart and to the point. Outside of video games and films, there was never an opinion of his on a subject that mattered where I wasn't just nodding my head like, "yes, yes and more yes."

Joe was the kinda dude who made this place fun to shoot the shit in and have a giggle or two whenever he edited your hairy, ugly face over a naked cartoon baby (coughs again).

It's an absolute tragedy that he's gone so soon and so young in this world, and my sincerest thoughts are with his family and everyone who called him a friend or mate. Rest in peace, Joe.

We'll always remember the laughs. Especially Dirty-Duck after he finds this ol' chestnut of Joe's from four years back.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Dirty Duck

Duck as sake no bidibgeybfbfhailhydradrinkn:(

awards and such

r.i.p. to the coolest dude we'll ever know :gary:

NateDog
Member Avatar
We have arrived.
Didn't see this until Max mentioned it to me. Such an awful shame, in spite of everything he dealt with he hardly ever showed his struggles and always got through it all with a laugh, or more regularly by making the rest of us laugh with his incredible wit and sense of humour.

You'll be sorely missed Joe. You really were such a key part of this forum and its sense of identity over the years, from its high points to its quieter ones. I hope you're in peace now, thanks for all the amazing laughs over the years. Thoughts are with your family. Miss you Joe.
Watch this space.

ballisticola
Member Avatar
Still we carry you.

Very sad news. I didn't know him, but I can tell - as I could with Gary - that people loved him. Rest in peace.

:gary: :gary:

Every cloud has a silver lining, and that lining is the light from the ones we've lost.
Posted Image
Metal Gear Solid V: Lord of the Parasites - a study of MGSV
Mission 46: The Painful Truth
The Science of Metal Gear: Who is the dominant Snake?

Ranch DuBois Est. 2014
Member Avatar

Christ, my heart sank when I saw this. I messaged him the day before and never heard back, I assumed he was busy with treatment.

I'm not just saying this because this is the thing to say but he genuinely was one of the greatest people I've met, honestly the funniest and most creative person I've met, his graphic design, his strange way of communicating...

It hurts to think after all those late nights playing battlefield getting MAV killed by barrythesprout or talking on skype hearing him using Obama soundboards... Everytime I signed into a skype call and saw his name on the call list I knew I was in for a good night.

We miss you Joe, and we love you.

Posted Image

Rest In Peace, Joe.

micster
Member Avatar
Like a Big Baws
I cant begin to put into words how much it hurt to hear the news about his death from Henry. Joe was a spectacular person. One of the funniest people I could have ever known. MGSF was a huge part of my formative years back ten+ years ago - as other veterans know from back in the day - and Joe was a shining example of how awesome people were here.

Even though I lost contact with him over time (As I did with everyone here) he was still one of the best memories I took away from MGSF. A unique and amazing person who made so many other people's lives better, just with the things he'd post.

I - and so many others - will never forget you, Joe.
Posted Image
sliced-bread-no2

Snaker doesn't wear shoes because he can't afford them.

AND IF HE CAN THEN HIS LIFE ISN'T AS BAD AS HE'S MAKING OUT IT IS!

Why That Was Just Most Irregular
[micster.com For all the rage and hilarity you need in life]

Bames Jond
Member Avatar
now this is pod racing

heartwrenching news. only interacted with him casually on here, but always liked him. very funny, positive, genuine person that made this place more fun. my warmest condolences to his family and those who were close to him.

rest in peace joe.

Shyne
Member Avatar
10 Year Vet
Just gone through my PM Inbox from '08 when we had a few chats, I haven't been active so was good to go over the memories.

I admired his graphics work when I first saw him on the forum, it was inspiring stuff, and his humour and satire always found a way into it. I found a respect for his posts and opinions shortly after, and regret that it's been years since we had any communication.

Even looking at that image he used for his avatar held a lot of meaning behind it.

Top member here, seemed like a real stand up guy, I'm sorry to hear of his struggle and passing.

:gary:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Suede
Member Avatar
Lady of Dragonstone

Joe was a great guy, very funny and intelligent, and I think the only other person on here who liked Shooting Stars as much as I do. I first got to know him about 3 years ago when I joined The Philosophers, later on I played a few games of Destiny with him. He was a real genuine guy and I wish we had played more together and got to know each other better.

Rest in peace, Joe, you will be missed.
Posted ImageRest in peace, Joe.
Awards

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Announcements & Rules · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin Global Moderator Forum Moderator Member Validating Banned