Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Side Op Creator mod for PC released
Topic Started: Jan 5 2018, 04:37:34 AM (367 Views)
The Departed
Member Avatar
Your friendly neighborhood truck

https://www.nexusmods.com/metalgearsolidvtpp/mods/571

Quote:

SideOp Companion, or SOC, is an application which helps the user create Custom Sideops for MGSV. The program alleviates a great deal of the difficult, tedious work involved in creating a custom sideop. Even with minimal understanding of modding, users can create and test their own custom sideops with relative ease.

Daddy likey lots.
Edited by The Departed, Jan 5 2018, 04:38:20 AM.
Posted Image
Dirty Duck

Duck as sake no bidibgeybfbfhailhydradrinkn:(

awards and such

r.i.p. to the coolest dude we'll ever know :gary:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Stare Roe
Light Infantry
omg yes please! This game is fucking amazing and deserves all the love it can get! I hope people gets on this and fast!

Trippy
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
Can you create a side op where you have to assault an entire base whilst airborne in a helicopter?

Iím just playing through Ground Zeroes again, and just done the mission where you rescue Hideo by providing cover fire by helicopter. Itís astounding how a mission like this didnít make it into the final game, it would have at least added a small morsel of variety.

Why were the side ops in the prologue better than the ones we ended up with in the full game?

Baffling.

If people manage to make anything interesting with this tool, Iíll check it out.

My Metal Gear Music Channel.

Posted Image

Doakes
Member Avatar

Well, it's worth remembering, Trippy - The Side Ops of GZ were called "Side Ops" because they had nothing to do with the main story of GZ. They were excuses to do different things in the same outposts, just like MGSV's Side Ops use each outpost differently for the same reason. The reason they're more 'extensive' in GZ is because without that, they couldn't possibly justify its' initial asking price, let alone its' CURRENT asking price. And far as I'm concerned, it's still not worth it, but that's just me.

As for the Helicopter mission, well, in GZ, that was created to essentially familiarize the player with landing in Hot Zones for the full game. It's not as scripted as GZ, but you can still have a similar experience in MGSV, depending on the mission.

You could technically create a Side Op about eliminating all the guards, and if you landed a helicopter in the Hot Zone of the outpost you choose, then you just wipe them all out from there.
Posted Image

Ef9 o shea
Member Avatar
Hadoken

Nice , will make good use of this 😆
Posted Image

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Stare Roe
Light Infantry
It's worth noting this can only be used for elimination and extraction sideops. That being said, I'm hoping more than that can be done with the product after it runs through the automation.

Doakes
Member Avatar

I think deeper coding for recovery and sabotage missions might be a little trickier to manipulate for modders than elimination and rescue. But it isn't impossible, I don't think.
Posted Image

Stare Roe
Light Infantry
Well at least this thing can get a lot of leg work done.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin Global Moderator Forum Moderator Member Validating Banned