Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
My experiences with Sony, and PS4
Topic Started: Jan 15 2018, 09:10:36 PM (299 Views)
kevviewevvie13
Member Avatar

So I've wanted to talk about this for a while and I figured since I had nothing better to do, I thought I'd take a moment to talk about my experience over a number of years with my PS4. Before I go anywhere lemme say this, over the number of years I have had the console I have had a number of great experiences and played with a great community and have many memories (quite a lot of nail-biting TLOU MP games too lol!). This is not an "I hate Sony" comment, more of a comment as to how I have had quite a lot of bad moments with the console too and how I feel to need to address the fact that Sony fanboys have made it sound like the console is the greatest of all time, which it's not.

I want to start off by talking about the controllers. Oh dear god. To begin with, prior to playing on Sony, I had an Xbox 360, which in my opinion is one thing that Xbox has always done right over the course of a number of years. Their controllers have always been bulky, and felt sturdy, almost like that they knew people were gonna fling the damn thing when it wasn't going our way haha. These controllers though, are unbelievably small. So small that it barely fits in my hand, and have has given me no ends of hassle. I'm not on about the rubber of the controller falling off, no no no. I'm on about controllers that will not respond or will not control properly. I remember for the longest time my controller and I had a battle with trying to keep the camera from not panning to the ground all the time, as the functions inside the controller somehow got messed up. To combat this, one Christmas we got a new controller, and the thing was broken. From Day One. Mercifully this issue is solved now, but one thing I now notice is how the L2 and R2 buttons were never optimised to be aim and shoot, almost as if it was last minute decisions to do that. I now notice how awkward it feels to depress to R2 to shoot, and it is definitely been worn from use.

One other thing I would like to point out is my own experiences with Sony. To me, it seems like they don't care about their consumers, and more want to make as much money as possible. Don't get me wrong, their exclusives are brilliant, but its all the other things I notice too.

For example, upping the PS Plus membership prices. Really? Is that necessary? We are already spending enough money on it, and to be honest it's not even worth it. Its almost like a lottery if their free games are gonna be any good, and as well as that you have to be subscribed to PS Plus, or else the game will lock, so it isn't really free either.

Ok, with that all said I am interested to hear if anyone else has had similar experiences with Sony. Please know I don't hate the company lol I just find these things to be very annoying and sometimes ruin my experience with what is a good console. Lemme know what you think in the comments below!
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jassassino
Member Avatar
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent.

I've had my two controllers since getting my PS4 in the Watchdogs bundle (lol what a game) back in 2014, over 4 years ago now. I'm sad to say the controller I've been using from the very beginning has begun to crumble a bit. The d-pad isn't as responsive as it used to be, the thumb grip eventually fell off very recently and I accidentally clicked in the controller plastic when I was trying to crack my knuckles and keep holding the controller.

That being said...

That's 4 years of continuous use, wear and tear which lasted with that controller. I'm honestly sad to see it beginning to fail me and having to switch to the second controller which has barely been used. It's almost like an old friend is leaving me. The amount of features and technology crammed within these controllers too is bloody impressive, so I can almost forgive the wear and tear after such obsessive use from myself, and I treat my consoles and controllers pretty well too. It's not as durable as the N64 controllers which are good substitutes for battle axes if you ever need one, but they're good for the controllers in production now.

I've heard the majority of the controller problems have been fixed with the new ones, the pro controllers, but honestly, I doubt I'll get another one for another 4 years yet as long as my current one in use holds out until I know it can. Honestly, with the DS4, they feel fantastic in my hands, I don't like big bulky controllers, I want a small thing with good compact design, so it's ideal for me, and it persists with an iconic and easily recognisable design which makes me happy.
I remember a persistent problem with my PS3 controllers were a very very very gradual left stick shift. If I left it alone, you could see the camera on games moving without me touching it, very annoying.
Posted Image
There's always a bigger fish...
Rest in Peace, OS.

Welcome to the Gallery
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bread
Member Avatar
MGSV is a big hit

Can't say I've ever had a problem with a Sony controller across the 4 generations I've been gaming on their consoles. I prefer the way the controller moulds into my hand compared to the Xbox controllers, which feel too bulky and cumbersome.
Edited by Bread, Jan 15 2018, 09:43:25 PM.
[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]
Awards

kevviewevvie13
Member Avatar

Fair enough man I like to think I keep my to keep my controllers in good condition as I said I dont mind the rubber falling its the other shit lol
Posted Image

Jassassino
Member Avatar
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent.

Another thing PS4 controllers are good for is their weight, as weird as it sounds. Sometimes when I've been playing games for a long time the controller can feel heavy, as light as the PS controllers are. I can't imagine how heavy the Xbox controllers would feel after those sort of durations.
Posted Image
There's always a bigger fish...
Rest in Peace, OS.

Welcome to the Gallery
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kevviewevvie13
Member Avatar

I dont know I have had an Xbox controller for years and I never had an issue with the weight of the thing it never really tired me like

Then again I'm probably used to it as well like
Posted Image

sadistic_greyfox
Member Avatar
Midnight Leader

I mean I aint defending Sony here, they're a big corp and they don't give 2 shits about an individual, mostly talking about the product itself.

Prior to purchasing a PS4 I had a 360 and a pc where my preference was the 360 gamepad. Back then IMO it was leagues better than any Sony or Nintendo product. When I finally purchased a PS4 my preference slowly changed after playing a few games, It felt solid in my hands. Needless to say I purchased a white PS4 controller whenever that was available and to this day it still see regular heavy use. Of course there's signs of use from hundreds of hours, probably even thousands and it still hold up well, luckily i havent had any peeling of the knubs or dead triggers.

Consumer wise I haven't had much experience with them, One time I purchased a psp game that I couldn't use on the vita and they refunded me all my money, it was probably portable ops and plus. Other time I think I got like a 2 week ban for something, I contacted them and they couldn't even verify what it was for, just something "against policy". They even said there's no way for them to just unban, now that just sounds like shittttyyyyyy service, especially for the amount of money I put into sony's brand over the years.

Posted Image
Missing you more with each day, Joe

Spoiler: click to toggle

kevviewevvie13
Member Avatar

Yeah thats just bad form to be honest like its the kind of things I've heard before as well
Posted Image

Edgelord
Member Avatar
A nutjob without borders

It's just muscle memory. I can use all controllers. The os4 controller is divisive i agree but I like it. Never had a problem. What I would want and this is my idea, I'll sue if anycunt hear appears on a gadget program with this idea lol. Here is my idea and design for a controller.

A little larger, more solid material with hardened rubber handles with grip dots on the top triggers.
Made it longer in length from west to east. A five inch space between the arrows and the buttons.

This five inches of space is all gorilla glass touchscreen and works like the sony experia mobile phone screen. It will have features such as a bluetooth connect to your phone so you can make calls or texts. It can also act as a movile version of the PlayStation Ui where you can open up messages and parties and even go on youtube=which could help gamers watching walkthrough guides or troohy hunt guides whilst playing and without exiting the game application.

Edited by Edgelord, Jan 16 2018, 09:12:34 AM.
BEFORE THY BECOMES SALTY WITH THE TEARS OF BEING OFFENDED.
BEHOLD THE FIELD IN WHICH I GROW MY FUCKS TO GIVE.
LAY THINE EYES UPON IT AND SEE THAT IT IS BARREN

Dirty Duck
Member Avatar
Dies. Died. Will die.

Best controller is Wii U gamepad fite me

In the early days of my PS4 parts of my controllers handles seemed to click in and never click out, and one time I threw the controller a bit and the R2 button broke (naturally my fault lmao), but I haven't had any problems since thankfully. I got a sexy 20th anniversary controller so I'm hoping that doesn't break anytime soon.
Posted Image
call me morbid, call me pale

R.I.P G.J.V | R.I.P OS.

kevviewevvie13
Member Avatar

Yeah lol well tbf it is gonna break when you fling it lmao

I have tried my best to keep the controller in good condition and the latest one I have apart from the rubber falling off and that R2 button feeling faint seems okay
Posted Image

Webbie
Member Avatar
THUG ROSE!
I had issues with my first PS4 controller very early on. It's been a while now but I think it was the R1 button that would stick and sometimes just not work. At one point I popped it out and back in and it helped a little but not much. Also I believe it was the left trigger that ended up fucking up as well somehow. Definitely wasn't too impressed with that particular controller.

However, I don't think I've had any issues with controllers since. I bought a couple on black Friday (the year before last) and I still haven't had to dig it out. The controller that came with my slim has been working perfectly ever since and it's been at least a year, probably well over.

As far as everything else, yeah, Sony's a bunch of shitbags, but so is Microsoft and pretty much every other big company out there so I don't know what we're doing here \_(:/)_/
Posted Image

MemoriesLP
Member Avatar

My first ps4 dualshock had this problem:

My second one came with imput problems, so I changed it.
The one I changed is very bad. When I press the L2 it makes my char walks to the left.

My ps4 often rejects my blurays.

My ps4 gold shitty headphone is falling in pieces. It is very fragil and it breaks easily.

Amazing experience I have with the ps4.
Sorry about my English!! I'm from Brazil :)
Posted Image

"Mas nao importa, nao faz mal, voce ainda pensa e eh melhor do que nada, tudo que voce podia ser, ou nada"

Webbie
Member Avatar
THUG ROSE!
Oh yeah, my PlayStation Gold headset is in pretty bad shape. One of the earphones falls off regularly and the material on the actual ear part is peeling off everywhere, but I've had it like 4-5 years now and it still works perfectly so I probably shouldn't be complaining.
Posted Image

Brera
Member Avatar

Still have my original ps4 controller from launch and its still as good as new. Granted I only play an hour or two a day. But my old ps3 controllers are still fine too, just one analog stick isn't moving as smoothly anymore. Sony products are great quality in my experience.
Posted Image

Good old sig #epicmspaintskills

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · Gaming Chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin Global Moderator Forum Moderator Member Validating Banned