Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Could The Twin Snakes be released in HD on all consoles?
Topic Started: Feb 11 2018, 06:26:56 PM (276 Views)
Galactus123
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
Could The Twin Snakes be released in HD on PS4, Xbox One and PC or does Nintendo still own exclusivity to it? I hope not. Capcom released Resident Evil remake in HD few years ago that was originally a Gamecube exclusive just like TTS. So there might be a change. The deal could have been similar. They could easily edit the few Nintendo references out.

It would be awesome if they released it in HD. They could include the original PS1 game with it so everyone would be happy. The HD Collection should also be released on the current consoles.
Edited by Galactus123, Feb 11 2018, 06:30:24 PM.
#AHideoKojimaGame
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KingOfNeverland
Not so lonely anymore...

Not sure what you mean by "could". If you're asking whether it would technically be possible/plausible, the answer is yes. If you're asking whether it will likely ever be released, then no.
mgs player since '99.country of origin:portugal.

Galactus123
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
KingOfNeverland
Feb 11 2018, 07:26:13 PM
Not sure what you mean by "could". If you're asking whether it would technically be possible/plausible, the answer is yes. If you're asking whether it will likely ever be released, then no.
I'm asking if Nintendo still has the exclusivity.
#AHideoKojimaGame

sadistic_greyfox
Member Avatar
Midnight Leader

I think for a game like Twin snakes it's a little tricky since there is nintendo stuff within the game. IDK how hard it is to go take those things out but you almost NEVER see it happening. Plus Silicon Knights are super dead
Posted Image
Missing you more with each day, Joe

Spoiler: click to toggle

Galactus123
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
Last year someone asked from Denis Dyack (former president of Silicon Knights) on Twitter if there is any change that we might see The Twin Snakes on Switch and he responted:

https://twitter.com/Denis_Dyack/status/841971702661828608

Posted Image

There might be a chance. Also I don't think Konami would necessary need Silicon Knights. They could just get Platinum Games or other company like that to remaster it. It would be sad if the game was forever left as exclusive to an old console.
Edited by Galactus123, Feb 12 2018, 05:16:34 PM.
#AHideoKojimaGame

trimegadon
Member Avatar
all out.

Only on Switch if there is any possibility of this being brought back.
SHADOW MOSES

Brera
Member Avatar

I wish. Only 3d game in the series i haven't played
Posted Image

Good old sig #epicmspaintskills

Galactus123
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
trimegadon
Feb 13 2018, 01:56:51 AM
Why? Capcom re-released Resident Evil remake in HD that was Gamecube exclusive just like TTS. The HD version didn't even come to any Nintendo consoles. Were there many Nintendo references? I only remember Mario and Yoshi statues and Gamecube console. They could be edited out.
Edited by Galactus123, Feb 13 2018, 01:52:56 PM.
#AHideoKojimaGame

Khun
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
Galactus123
Feb 13 2018, 01:49:17 PM
trimegadon
Why? Capcom re-released Resident Evil remake in HD that was Gamecube exclusive just like TTS. The HD version didn't even come to any Nintendo consoles. Were there many Nintendo references? I only remember Mario and Yoshi statues and Gamecube console. They could be edited out.
Well, the people of this forum don't know more than you do.

trimegadon
Member Avatar
all out.

Galactus123
trimegadon
If you want twin snakes you have to get twin snakes in all its mario-matrix esque glory. Remaking metal gear solid is another thing(which im all in for btw).From my understanding, Silicon Knights is a defunct company with copy law issues thats part owner of the rights of this game with nintendo and konami being the other two. So its not as easy as a single company's decision to bring it back.
SHADOW MOSES

Galactus123
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
trimegadon
Feb 13 2018, 06:49:24 PM
Galactus123
trimegadon
If you want twin snakes you have to get twin snakes in all its mario-matrix esque glory. Remaking metal gear solid is another thing(which im all in for btw).From my understanding, Silicon Knights is a defunct company with copy law issues thats part owner of the rights of this game with nintendo and konami being the other two. So its not as easy as a single company's decision to bring it back.
I agree about the matrix style cutscenes. They are over the top but they are part ot the game. But those Nintendo references are easy to edit out because they are a small thing in the game. They did change all the video game magazines that can be found in MGS3 in Xbox 360 version of the game.
Edited by Galactus123, Feb 15 2018, 08:19:00 PM.
#AHideoKojimaGame

sadistic_greyfox
Member Avatar
Midnight Leader

You know, Replaying the new REmake (resident evil HD). I noticed they reskined something that used to look alot like a Game Cube Console. So now I've changed my mind tbh, this was a static image though but it shows developers can change it if they want to. The only problem is who owns the rights? Just crazy ass Denis or nintendo?
Posted Image

Psajdak
Light Infantry
I think it would be hilarious if they left Nintendo stuff in possible (doubt it) TTS remaster for other consoles.

That being said, being someone who played TTS for the first time only about two years ago, using Dolphin emulator that enables 1080p60fps gameplay, I really think there is no need for new official release of TTS, considering how much Dolphin enhances graphics of original game, and any average PC in this age can run it without any problem.

Personally, I don't think I could have enjoyed TTS as much if I played it on GameCube.
Validated after 4 years.

sadistic_greyfox
Member Avatar
Midnight Leader

Why not, the game ran at 60 frames on gamecube too you know. I'd buy an HD collection version of tts in a heartbeat. I have it on dolphin and it does look sweet but alot of folks dont want to go through the bother.
Posted Image

Khun
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
Well, having TPP on Switch would be far more interesting for its users.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Metal Gear General · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin Global Moderator Forum Moderator Member Validating Banned