Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Grid girls banned from F1; Is it right or wrong?
Topic Started: Feb 12 2018, 04:44:53 PM (853 Views)
Edgelord
Member Avatar
A nutjob without borders

Female models who have the career, a very highly paid career, of promoting events such formula one, The Dart championships and other events have lost their jobs as the profession was deemed sexist with champions of the girls losing their jobs say the profession demeans women who are there just for eye candy and that it causes depression in women not confident in their own looks and that these grid and promotion models bodyshame other women.
The UFC and Boxing is next in line for review.

A majority of folk including models (who literally do the same thing) and sportspersons are against the decision as some have noted that no one fusses over the male grid and promotion models or that singers in music videos promote sex and market sex and revealing clothes to children moreso than models.

Ive personally always cringed at the promotion models during fights, weighins, F1 and even catwalks and do think it's just there for guys, and women, to fap to but these girls took the jobs because they wanted to. They get good pay, good insurance, good pensions and bonuses. I dont see the problem some people have with their profession. We're okay to watch two guys or two women kick or punch the shit out of each other in a ring, watch stimulated sex and rape on tv shows so what is wrong with a woman who is fully confident in her looks and body and wants to make a professional legal and successful career out of that?.

Grid girls and other promotional models who've now lost their jobs are speaking out against the decision as they feel it is their job and choice and they are treated with respect by their employers albeit some seedy unwanted attention but women get that in every aspect in life and in every job.

Hell even some of the most influencial and respected femanist groups are against the banning of this profession.

What do you folk think about this?
Edited by Edgelord, Feb 12 2018, 04:46:03 PM.
BEFORE THY BECOMES SALTY WITH THE TEARS OF BEING OFFENDED.
BEHOLD THE FIELD IN WHICH I GROW MY FUCKS TO GIVE.
LAY THINE EYES UPON IT AND SEE THAT IT IS BARREN
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Agent
Member Avatar

F1 weren't sure they were the most boring sport on TV so they had to make sure by removing the only thing anyone would want to look at.

Jassassino
Member Avatar
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent.

Could have just introduced male eye candy to the mix to balance it out, rather than destroying careers.
Posted Image
There's always a bigger fish...
Rest in Peace, OS.

Welcome to the Gallery
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

A Big Crocodile
Member Avatar
Filthy casuals

I also think it's stupid, but don't worry, when the sexbots are there they'll also make a return as promo girls. Until the feminazis with their dried up unused pussies take offense to that too, ofcourse. Which they in fact already do, it's hilarious.
[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]
A Big Bad Croc's Big Bad Bragging Blog || My Soundcloud || My Mixcloud

Forever a boss

black king
Member Avatar
...Burger King?

I get the basic idea behind it. We do live in a society where a lot of emphasis can be placed on your appearance, especially if you're a woman. With images of attractive women all over in music, film, advertising, etc. I can see why it could lead to people being insecure about themselves. Especially when one is targeted by ads that tell you "hey you have to be this to be attractive" and they conveniently sell you the solution to do so. Take a look at this one:

Spoiler: click to toggle

I mean my smile is ugly if my teeth aren't the color of bleached white paper? I'm no dentist, but that doesn't seem right or healthy.

On the other hand, Jass's solution makes a lot of sense. Why not balance it out if sexism is the reasoning? Eye candy for guys and eye candy for girls, boom problem solved. Plus no jobs are lost. Heck some are made. Plus, I'd imagine the women in this field do choose to be there and provided their employers aren't shady or abusive towards them, I see no problem with this. One could argue if being eye candy should command a high salary, but that's a different debate.

It seems like feminist groups have a weird relationship with jobs like this. Most are fine with it as long as the employees are treated well, but some seem to find jobs where the job description is "be a sexy woman" as sexist / offensive / whatever. The latter needs to find some sense in the matter.

Posted Image
The Rules | My MTG Decks

Awards

Currently Playing: Pokemon White | Pokemon White 2

Jassassino
Member Avatar

A Big Crocodile
Feb 12 2018, 08:02:02 PM
I also think it's stupid, but don't worry, when the sexbots are there they'll also make a return as promo girls. Until the feminazis with their dried up unused pussies take offense to that too, ofcourse. Which they in fact already do, it's hilarious.
:hmm:
Posted Image
Rest in Peace, OS.

Welcome to the Gallery

A Big Crocodile
Member Avatar
Filthy casuals

Jassassino
Feb 12 2018, 08:20:28 PM
A Big Crocodile
What? Apart from my crassness, what I said is based on thing's I've seen posted around the internet. I'm fairly aware of the current trends regarding SJW idiocy. But the fact is that it is affecting the things people enjoy, like movies. Case in point: the new Star Wars movie which I heard was full of preachy political correctness, and the same goes for the Black Panther film. But don't dare say that or you're labelled as racist. Which has actually happened to an Irish reporter, who has actually seen the movie before his detractors have.
[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]

Forever a boss

Ranch DuBois Est. 2014
Member Avatar

God people are such fucking pussies
Posted Image

Rest In Peace, Joe.

A Big Crocodile
Member Avatar
Filthy casuals

And I want to follow up my other post. Usually I go like "oh the '90s were so much better", except for this case. Sometimes when I look at cultural stuff that happened in that era, there was a LOT of casual racism and homophobia in there guised as "humour" while it's pretty cringeworthy when you look back at it. So in that regard it's a good thing that people voiced this and that we got a little more aware of it. But nowadays people take it way too far, and they can find literally ANYTHING to be offended by. I never would've guessed that the people of my generation and the one after that would actually be a generation of bitches.

Forever a boss

Supreme Leader Dante
Member Avatar
Supreme Leader

Taking away paid work for women is anti-feminist, basically imo. It's the same principle as being pro or anti sex work.
Posted Image

The Baneposter
Member Avatar
Only me

A Big Crocodile
Feb 12 2018, 09:07:05 PM
Jassassino
A Big Crocodile
What? Apart from my crassness, what I said is based on thing's I've seen posted around the internet. I'm fairly aware of the current trends regarding SJW idiocy. But the fact is that it is affecting the things people enjoy, like movies. Case in point: the new Star Wars movie which I heard was full of preachy political correctness, and the same goes for the Black Panther film. But don't dare say that or you're labelled as racist. Which has actually happened to an Irish reporter, who has actually seen the movie before his detractors have.
Quote:

You ever wondered why it feels like you're always the butt of the joke? prime case study here. Because you never actually know what you're talking about; you just vomit your bile and we're the unfortunate recipients of your tantrums and idiocy.

Quote:

the new Star Wars movie which I heard

Heard, not seen. Meaning everything you say after this sentence is discredited because you haven't actually watched the film.
Quote:

and the same goes for the Black Panther film

Heard, not seen. Meaning everything you say after this sentence is discredited because you haven't watched the film.

Like honestly you make it TOO easy. I'd rather request a self ban than be the walking, shitposting embarrassment that you are.
As for the topic itself, I always found the show girl thing super cringe worthy but also very harmless. This seems pointless to me.
Edited by The Baneposter, Feb 12 2018, 11:19:37 PM.
Posted Image

The Departed
Member Avatar
Your friendly neighborhood truck

This is some active bullshit.

Like the amount of people who would boycott F1 for the Grid Girls is so minor that this kind of change isn't going to rally in more viewers for their boring bullshit. All it does is deny these women jobs that they apparently really dug. So, in this case, those who claim to be feminists and said this job was demeaning towards women maybe should've asked the actual women working the job what they thought before deciding they knew best for them.
Posted Image
Dirty Duck

Duck as sake no bidibgeybfbfhailhydradrinkn:(

awards and such

r.i.p. to the coolest dude we'll ever know :gary:

A Big Crocodile
Member Avatar
Filthy casuals

The Baneposter
Feb 12 2018, 11:16:13 PM
A Big Crocodile
Jassassino
A Big Crocodile
Quote:

You ever wondered why it feels like you're always the butt of the joke? prime case study here. Because you never actually know what you're talking about; you just vomit your bile and we're the unfortunate recipients of your tantrums and idiocy.

Quote:

the new Star Wars movie which I heard

Heard, not seen. Meaning everything you say after this sentence is discredited because you haven't actually watched the film.
Quote:

and the same goes for the Black Panther film

Heard, not seen. Meaning everything you say after this sentence is discredited because you haven't watched the film.

Like honestly you make it TOO easy. I'd rather request a self ban than be the walking, shitposting embarrassment that you are.
As for the topic itself, I always found the show girl thing super cringe worthy but also very harmless. This seems pointless to me.
Ofcourse you don't care about it because you live in a country that has so much freedom and cultural enrichment that you get lynched for wearing shorts in public.

Forever a boss

The Baneposter
Member Avatar
Only me

The Departed
Feb 12 2018, 11:50:39 PM
This is some active bullshit.

Like the amount of people who would boycott F1 for the Grid Girls is so minor that this kind of change isn't going to rally in more viewers for their boring bullshit. All it does is deny these women jobs that they apparently really dug. So, in this case, those who claim to be feminists and said this job was demeaning towards women maybe should've asked the actual women working the job what they thought before deciding they knew best for them.

It just seems too trivial to lose sleep over. Yes grid girls and ring girls and what have you are juvenile by definition and maybe through a larger lens somewhat demeaning but those women seem to enjoy it well enough and it is another caveat of employment so who cares? I have no strong stance either way.

Quote:

Ofcourse you don't care about it because you live in a country that has so much freedom and cultural enrichment that you get lynched for wearing shorts in public.

you must have been really proud of yourself after coming up with this absolutely triumphant clap back, but I am sorry to inform you that this only shows just how ignorant you are. The longer you drag this on you're just dragging yourself through the mud but I just assume you have no self respect at this point.

good for a laugh though xoxo
Posted Image

Ef9 o shea
Member Avatar
Hadoken

Now there are some guys being feminine in here 😆

As for the topic it is pretty pathetic in fairness , why now is all of a sudden is what i wanna know
Posted Image

Supreme Leader Dante
Member Avatar
Supreme Leader

The subject is pretty nuanced to be honest. Grid Girls can still be validly perceived as "sexist" through certain lenses. But when you're literally taking away paid labour from women it becomes a whole different story. Hence why this is just a bad idea in general.

I would add though that I don't think grid girls were taken away because of any specific campaign. Wasn't it just a new management decision?
Posted Image

Silent Assassin
Member Avatar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The F1 has bigger isues than this. They've been going to crap for years.
Posted Image

A Big Crocodile
Member Avatar
Filthy casuals

I can see why it's considered sexist, because they're there for being eye candy for the men. Then again, I assume that those jobs are quite decently paid, and noone's being (sexually) harassed or degraded imo. Hell, I consider being a waitress in the US a much more degrading job than just parading on a racetrack in a bikini for a good few minutes.

I consider it a form of modeling, so I don't see anything wrong with that. Speaking of which, it's the same thing that happened to women who used to model with cars. Anyone remember that? So I wonder what's going to be next. Professional models who cosplay at conventions? Probably not, because it's the same weeaboos who both visit those conventions that usually promote social justice, ironically. Go go dancers, maybe? who knows?

Forever a boss

Jassassino
Member Avatar

A Big Crocodile
Jassassino
A Big Crocodile
Mate Black Panther is about a black hero in an African country and it isn't even out to the public yet. Do you expect it to have an all-white cast or something to avoid it being SJW?
Posted Image
Rest in Peace, OS.

Welcome to the Gallery

Dirty Duck
Member Avatar
Dies. Died. Will die.

I for one am fed up of this SJW pandering. Black Panther is and always has been a WHITE hero. If you want to have a black superhero, make a new character. Donít change a beloved character who everyone knows as white.
Posted Image
call me morbid, call me pale

R.I.P G.J.V | R.I.P OS.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Opinions/Confessions · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin Global Moderator Forum Moderator Member Validating Banned