Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
10 Reasons i canceled preorder mgss; Metal Gear Survive is Trash !
Topic Started: Mar 6 2018, 04:43:18 AM (2,049 Views)
nezzyknowzzz666
Jail Guard
I'm not going to sugar coat it metal gear survive is another cliche zombie game without all the sweet blood and gore most horror games have!! So i decided to least ten reasons this game is trash!

1. hideo kojami doesn't want to touch it with a ten foot pole neither should we!
2. pay for extra save slots imagine how bad skyrim and fallout would be if this became the norm! Konami is slowly turning into ea sports!
3 Better games coming out soon like sea of thieves
4. The game is simple cash grab!!
5. the whole online defend your base mode is simply trash
6. i heard the hunting for resources is actually horrible tired of games forcing me to eat and drink like thats lame i only want to do that in real life!!
7.constant network issues when i played the beta i played it 3 days than i got a constant network error even though i play gtav online effortlessly
8. The need to constantly be connected online i'm sorry but its nice to play a game offline!! phantom pain works on and offline no problem why is this one different!! i guess they want you to stay online so they can force feed you microtransactions
9. its just recycled maps from phantom pain just destroyed to make it seem like a new game nothing about this game is original
10. Phantom pain is the last good metal gear solid and remain the best anything konami does with metalgear will be trash from this point on watch and see! metal gear cart coming summer 2018 lmfao!!
Follow me on twitter
https://twitter.com/NezzyKnowZzZ666

Get 5% discount by Coupon Code: MOE-9K8-Z85UJX at j-list
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fogger
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
nezzyknowzzz666
Mar 6 2018, 04:43:18 AM
I'm not going to sugar coat it metal gear survive is another cliche zombie game without all the sweet blood and gore most horror games have!! So i decided to least ten reasons this game is trash!

1. hideo kojami doesn't want to touch it with a ten foot pole neither should we!
2. pay for extra save slots imagine how bad skyrim and fallout would be if this became the norm! Konami is slowly turning into ea sports!
6. i heard the hunting for resources is actually horrible tired of games forcing me to eat and drink like thats lame i only want to do that in real life!!
7.constant network issues when i played the beta i played it 3 days than i got a constant network error even though i play gtav online effortlessly
8. The need to constantly be connected online i'm sorry but its nice to play a game offline!! phantom pain works on and offline no problem why is this one different!! i guess they want you to stay online so they can force feed you microtransactions
9. its just recycled maps from phantom pain just destroyed to make it seem like a new game nothing about this game is original
10. Phantom pain is the last good metal gear solid and remain the best anything konami does with metalgear will be trash from this point on watch and see! metal gear cart coming summer 2018 lmfao!!
I end up NOT buying this game, but i don't agree with some of your reasons

1- a work disowned by the creator can still be good (remember Stephen king HATING the shining movie for the butchering of the source material? yeah...)
4 - Saints row 4 was a quick cash grab. I hated it, but there are people who enjoyed the weird result...
6 - it IS a survival game after all. It's like not liking to drive in a driving game. (obviously, the fact that those mechanic sare well executed or not is another argument...)
9 - This is not always a bad thing. GTA Vice city stories and Liberty city stories have basically the same set of Vice city and GTA III (sometimes with LESS contents in some area of the city), but the game are awesome
10 - while this may be totally possible (i don't really trust konami), it has nothing to do with Survive quality

I agree on the online and "pay-to-win" stuff, tho.
My reasons to not buying the game are

1) always online. this is the most deal-breaking thing, since i live in a weird house that simply refuse to have wifi or cable working properly most of the time. I have enough stable connection to watch a movie or a youtube video, but not enough to play without lags/disconnection

2) no human enemy. I know, this is a zombie game, but we have the magnificent FOX engine, a basic melee weapon system and the ability to kill anyone without penalty (like that stupid blood-soaked demon snake)... and yet there are no smart human enemies to fight. It is irritating.

3) the creation system is the same from TPP. Yes, i'm a snake/big boss sucker, i like to recreate them and pretend to play another "proper" sequel. but the face creation system is very limited for a game that relies on a mute created protagonist
it is sad that i can do a better job in a "crappy" creation system like ghost recon wildlands than in an "official" mgs game... at least there's a Mullet in the hair options XD

Posted Image
Edited by Fogger, Mar 6 2018, 10:27:05 AM.
I'm a Moderate Fan

Moderate fans have strong opinions on some subjects concerning the Metal Gear series, but generally just want to have fun sneaking around and destroying Metal Gears while experiencing a storyline that is at least as comparable as the average B-flick. They do tend to be the least dedicated of all fans and are unlikely to be knowledgeable about the series' fictional universe and even developmental history.

Silent Assassin
Member Avatar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Wait. So you ended up canceling the pre-order, which means you didn't play it. How do you know it's trash? Go back to those youtube "jornalists" you sheepishly follow and circlejerk the idiotic "#fuckonami" crap there.

Bet you jumped on the MG bandwagon with 5.
Posted Image

Tricerius
Member Avatar

We shouldn't be holding Kojimballs in a pedestal tbh.

Posted Image
Zero people prosper, yet the nation dies out
The ignorants dance in their own world
Governance and rule to them are only dreams
Rise and Fall politics; merely a game of Go

The Departed
Member Avatar
Your friendly neighborhood truck

Why is it always 10?

Why not 12 or 17?
Posted Image
Dirty Duck

Duck as sake no bidibgeybfbfhailhydradrinkn:(

awards and such

r.i.p. to the coolest dude we'll ever know :gary:

Tricerius
Member Avatar

The Departed
Mar 6 2018, 03:47:16 PM
Why is it always 10?

Why not 12 or 17?
Are you implying that there are enough reasons to bash Survive to fill more than 10 bullet points? :P
Posted Image

The Departed
Member Avatar

lol I'd almost respect him more if reasons 19 to 11 were just "fuckonami."
Posted Image
Dirty Duck

awards and such

Edgelord
Member Avatar
A nutjob without borders

Fuck i bought the game and liked lots of aspects about the game.

It shouldn't matter who or who didn't make a game, what SHOULD matter is if you like the game.

Hate all this group mentality and bandwagon shit. Also reviews from people who havent played the game
BEFORE THY BECOMES SALTY WITH THE TEARS OF BEING OFFENDED.
BEHOLD THE FIELD IN WHICH I GROW MY FUCKS TO GIVE.
LAY THINE EYES UPON IT AND SEE THAT IT IS BARREN

sadistic_greyfox
Member Avatar
Midnight Leader

I get the anger tbh.I mean I like Kojima but he's always been crying about leaving mgs, he's like a bad father to us.
Posted Image
Missing you more with each day, Joe (OS.)

Spoiler: click to toggle

Tom Cruise
Member Avatar
Ultimate
Metal Gear has always been the most interesting when Loljima HASNT been involved. The last MGS game he made that was any good was Snake Eater. 4/PW/GZ/TPP gameplay aside are terrible
DEAD CELL 4 LIFE 4 EVER
R.I.P. GARY

Posted Image

The Departed
Member Avatar

Tom-Cruise

Lol what else is there besides gameplay tho?
Posted Image
Dirty Duck

awards and such

Tom Cruise
Member Avatar
Ultimate
Terrible story mostly
DEAD CELL 4 LIFE 4 EVER
R.I.P. GARY

Posted Image

Doakes
Member Avatar

So, I checked out your Twitter Page, and I'm very confused, but it seems more like this is sensationalism than actual criticism. I'm not even saying Survive was anything special, just that it was fun and while not always intuitive, never became a chore, at least not for me. To break into each specific point:

1. He also threw shade at every game not written or directed by him in the Deja Vu mission of Ground Zeroes. Does that mean we should stop liking MGA, MGR and Ghost Babel as well?

2. FOB Insurance was a joke as well, yet that sort of thing hasn't picked up either. The implications of Save Files being hidden behind a paywall is scummy, but in practice, it did nothing to lessen Survive. Besides which, a lot of games like Survive don't always have save files anyway. It's usually one save and New Game Plus, with more extensive RPG's like The Witcher 3 still possessing immediate saves.

3. Better games are always on the horizon. What people choose to spend or not spend their money on is on them.

4. So was Ground Zeroes. It still sold more than any Deus Ex game, any of the Metal Gear spinoffs, and is mostly regarded with praise despite being a single mission stuffed with six filler missions that all MOSTLY play the same as the main mission, just not as extensively.

5. Why?

6. It's at this point that I debate if I should even bother responding anymore.

7. Always Online is scummy, but all things considered, the REAL main draw to Survive is ultimately its' Co-Op. And not everyone suffered the same network issues that you did. I certainly haven't.

8. See above. Also, none of the microtransactions have been forced onto any of the players, and I've beaten the game in its' entirety.

9. It's not the size of the map, it's what you do with it. Afghanistan of Survive doesn't FEEL like the Afghanistan of MGSV. And while MGSV is a VASTLY better game, its' open world was one of its' weakest elements, besides its' Mother Base Management, two things Survive did vastly better than MGSV. Survive's open world is structured quite differently, has a far more haunting atmosphere, and more importantly, offers real incentive to actually explore and unlock things by seeking them out in the open world, which comes with actual risk.

10. Survive isn't the next BIG step of Metal Gear. MGSV was the last MGS game. And that's fine. It doesn't mean other games can't come along and actually be great or amazing. Ghost Babel was neither written nor directed by Hideo Kojima, and it remains one of the best Metal Gear titles period.

Based on what I saw from your perplexing 'market,' this just sounds like more sensationalist nonsense, and not actual criticism with genuine intent behind it. So I can't take much of anything you say seriously.

Also, I will forever maintain that both MGSV and PW are the finest MGS games to date in spite of their MANY flaws. I know many disagree, but PW gave me what I've always wanted; a Metal Gear game that consistently offers solid level design with a human enemy presence, and not set pieces. And MGSV is just a joy to play! I think MGS3 was the last CONVENTIONAL MGS game, since it was the final MGS game written by both Kojima and Fukushima before Fukushima left and all MGS had left was Kojima. At the same time, I also don't think Fukushima did enough in the first couple of MGS games to offset Kojima's flawed writing style.

I know that's off topic, but it seemed more relevant than actually responding to the main post. :P
Posted Image

Snake Eater
Member Avatar
Take Your Heart

lol at mgs fans calling this a cash grab. Survive is not a full-priced game, the single player is 15+ hours long AND it has multiplayer. But those same fans forget that they paid for an even worse "cash grab". Flashback 4 years ago when GZ came out. It was just ONE mission that could be finished in about 2 hours (or a few minutes if you rush it) and it had some side missions that added another 3 hours of game length and that's it. Why do you see more people defending GZ than Survive? Mainly because of Kojima being involved in GZ and now it's cool to hate on Konami.

Disclaimer: I like both GZ AND Survive. I'm just pointing out the double standards.
Edited by Snake Eater, Mar 8 2018, 05:38:17 PM.
Suede

lol well yeah if there aint no doritos then whats the point in living?
Posted Image

WAKE UP! GET UP! GET OUT THERE!!

rei_hunter
Jail Guard
nezzyknowzzz666
Mar 6 2018, 04:43:18 AM

1. Hideo Konami wanted to make zombie games.

2. Its a character slot, not a save slot. The entire 4 players are INSIDE a save slot. Since all characters share Inventory, Kuban Energy and Equipment. What it doesnt share however, are FOB-like things. A Secondary Base, a secondary exploration team, a secondary chance to fight postgame bosses and whatnot. If you delete any character, your save will retain all the equipment and recipe.

4. Its a low budget title, and the devs really put the effort here.

5. They're adding a co-op rescue mode. Omega Camp :)

6. Play co-op with a few people, and you get a lot of resources. Postgame has me with so much food, i dont have to hunt for animals 90% of the time.

7. They fixed it during launch, but its a bit buggy atm, so i understand where you are coming from.

8. Prevents hackers. And also sends your save file to steamcloud servers.

9. No its not.
link in tag

>_> wew small complaints. now come play the game.
Edited by The Departed, Mar 11 2018, 10:55:49 PM.

Tricerius
Member Avatar

Snake Eater
Mar 8 2018, 05:37:49 PM
lol at mgs fans calling this a cash grab. Survive is not a full-priced game, the single player is 15+ hours long AND it has multiplayer. But those same fans forget that they paid for an even worse "cash grab". Flashback 4 years ago when GZ came out. It was just ONE mission that could be finished in about 2 hours (or a few minutes if you rush it) and it had some side missions that added another 3 hours of game length and that's it. Why do you see more people defending GZ than Survive? Mainly because of Kojima being involved in GZ and now it's cool to hate on Konami.

Disclaimer: I like both GZ AND Survive. I'm just pointing out the double standards.
Both were, and are, cash grabs.

Wall of Text

TL;DR: GZ is imo a better game than Survive because it's better realized gameplay (and it being far more impressive than Survive was, for it's time), which beats out the mere amount of hours you can get from Survive, people have more motives for bashing the game other than a feud between Kojima and Konami, such as it not being that good of a game in on itself, and those who do bash it because of said feud should cut it out and realize that Kojima's not clean on all of this, and that there are plenty of legitimate reasons to bash this game without needing to beat a dead horse that is mostly unrelated to this game.
Edited by Tricerius, Mar 11 2018, 01:03:41 AM.
Posted Image

Doakes
Member Avatar

Here's my ultimate beef with GZ personally, because I do agree with a lot of what was just said.

Also lengthy, and I know people here get bored of posts longer than a paragraph, so I'll just keep it spoiler tagged.

All of that said, I think the argument of one just being better can still boil down to subjectivity. One could make the argument that, despite Survive being paired with zombies that possess brain dead AI, the steadily growing amount of options you have to combat or eliminate them gives Survive that degree of dynamic and replay value that GZ possessed. For example, a big part of why Co-Op has its hooks in me is because the sheer amount of options one has for defending the Drill Site, structurally, creates consistently new experience, as do the weapons and sub-classes. It's different from the level itself offering that dynamic the way GZ and MGSV do, but it's still a dynamic which creates new and, for many, enjoyable experiences.

How much worth one puts in one kind of enjoyment over another is still going to depend entirely on the person, however. And I maintain that asset flipping is only deplorable if nothing new is being done with the assets. I think there's a strong argument to be made that Survive is doing more with its' reused assets than most things people condemn from Steam's asset flips. Realistically, I also don't believe for a second that if Survive DID use completely new assets, that people would suddenly like it.

Now, I don't think anyone's wrong for disliking Survive. Zombies don't appeal to everyone, and MGS gameplay is at its best when you're using your environment to bypass enemies. And it's pretty obvious a lot of corners were cut, given how little the Development Team had to work with compared to most games they've worked on, MGS or spinoff alike. And Konami isn't doing itself any favors by handling things the way they have. I just feel like Survive is just one of those games where you either have fun with it, or you don't. Either way is perfectly reasonable. It's just a shame so many aren't approaching it like that, but are coming in actively WANTING to hate it, and in most cases, just blasting it without even touching it.

That I'm STILL getting messages on YouTube from kids half my age basically calling me a shill should say plenty, even if it is pretty hilarious. :D
Posted Image

El Psy Kongroo
Member Avatar
We never lost control.
Top 10 reasons why I won't buy MG:S!

1. I played the beta and I didn't really like it.
2-10: See #1.

"Is dying really that scary to you?"

The Baneposter
Member Avatar
Only me

you're like totally the only person to think this my dude. you are so brave and strong for sharing this unpopular opinion, have a pat on the back.
Posted Image

Danne Smeed
Member Avatar
Light Infant
Silent Assassin
Mar 6 2018, 01:20:33 PM
Wait. So you ended up canceling the pre-order, which means you didn't play it. How do you know it's trash? Go back to those youtube "jornalists" you sheepishly follow and circlejerk the idiotic "#fuckonami" crap there.

Bet you jumped on the MG bandwagon with 5.
The irony... You call people sheep for following YouTubers, still you probably bought Survive.
What's worse, following a YouTuber who's an outside observer or following a company which is only after your money?
Not to say all YouTubers are trustworthy. Many of them most likely go with the popular opinion for ad revenue. But at least that's up for debate, while it's 100% guaranteed that Konami is after our money and nothing else.

Or do you actually think that Konami cares about creating great games nowadays?
Konami hasn't done much else than screwing over their MG fanbase since they closed down the servers for MGO1.
You're obviously the kind of hipster who simply can't go along with the popular opinion. In this case, there are good reasons why the popular opinion is what it is. Survive is a lazy cash grabbing asset flip and the real sheep are the ones buying into Konami's scheme. I might actually get it myself, but only if I find it used and cheap some time. No way I'll add even one figure to Konami's sales. Then I might give it 15-30 hours and then sell it, only because I really enjoy MGSV and Survive is more where that came from.

And before you use the same "You're a noob who started with TPP" argument with me. I've been following the franchise since back in the good ol' MGS1 days. Perhaps that's why I demand a certain quality.
Edited by Danne Smeed, Mar 13 2018, 04:34:45 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Metal Gear Survive · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin Global Moderator Forum Moderator Member Validating Banned