Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Fallout 76
Topic Started: May 30 2018, 03:07:32 PM (455 Views)
Dirty Duck
Member Avatar
super𝖛𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖆𝖎𝖓

So there you have it. It might be set earlier than all the other Fallouts? But I'm basing that solely on the date displayed on the pip boy.
Posted Image
the beast ii

R.I.P G.J.V | R.I.P OS.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mr. Tibbs
Member Avatar

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Vault_76

Apparently this vault opened up only 20 years after the war. Should be pretty intense
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Agent
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Yes in my personal opinion as an independent video game consumer I am very excited for Fallout 76, I certainly hope they stick with the rumoured online only crafting survival battle royale game that we fallout fans want. I will be sure to preorder the limited edition with season pass along with skyrim pip boy edition at my retailer of choice at my earliest convenience!

Mr. Tibbs
Member Avatar

Hahahaha seriously though I can already smell the gimmick on this game. It's too soon. Gonna be the same shitty, dying engine straining to run a game that's not really Fallout any more. FO4 killed all my hope of enjoying another Bethesda game. Kind of glad they're staying away from Elder Scrolls at least

Dirty Duck
Member Avatar
super𝖛𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖆𝖎𝖓

See the game being sooner after the war SHOULD sound interesting. But every Bethesda Fallout seems to act as if the war only happened a month ago. Shit is always still in absolute ruins and the societies are few and far between, and are always just people who are still sort of aware of America and American culture. In a good Fallout game it being so soon after the war would see people struggling with identity since they had one and it has been utterly demolished, but if people can still identify as Americans and just act like Americans like hundreds of years after, it sort of means theres no way it being sooner after the war could actually make for that grandiose of a change in story or theming. but maybe they'll surprise me somehow, who knows.
Posted Image
the beast ii

R.I.P G.J.V | R.I.P OS.

WhiteThinDuke
Member Avatar

i'll be pissed if this is online

Jassassino
Member Avatar
Avocados at law.

Supposed leak about the game:
Spoiler: click to toggle

Takeaway points, yet to see if true or not:

1. Chris Avellone is supposedly lead writer.
2. Voiced protagonist is optional. Will have much heavier and more in depth dialogue options which you'll be able to choose from.
2. Online is OPTIONAL. You can build your base with friends or you can completely ignore both components of the game.
3. Supposed factions which are paramilitary. Resemble old world professions such as police, infantry etc.
3.5 Supposed faction which is based heavily of Hannibal of Carthage with mutated elephants (Cool if true tbh).
4. Pre-cursor faction to BOS (?) Is present... somehow.
5. Harold is present... somehow.
Personally I want part of these leaks to be true. Would interesting if so. Not necessarily good though, like the soft retcons I'm not liking the idea of. Don't personally believe the leaks will be true, but the FO4 ones were. We'll see when the time comes.
Edited by Dirty Duck, Jun 1 2018, 10:57:01 AM.
Posted Image
Piss off, ghost!
Posted Image
Rest in Peace, OS.

Welcome to the Gallery

Agent
Member Avatar

Yeah I saw the leaks on /v/ and hoped they were fake. But I honestly wouldn't put it past Todd. Fortnite is what the kids are into these days and its just too soon for a real new fallout game.

Slipstream
Member Avatar
"Super Saiyan Jealous"
All comes down to gameplay in the end. Some of it sounds neat but if the focus of it is to build a base I am just going to be let down in the long run. Building was the one thing I hated in Fallout 4
Posted Image

DiamondDougs
Jail Guard
Should be fine as long as they don't waste half their budget marketing it as the second coming of Christ as they did Fallout 4
Snake turned the polished brass knob and slid the door open with a loud creak. He was hit with a revolting stench of alcohol, ash and sweat and the site of a destroyed office, with smashed decorations, upturned furniture and torn papers. Emerging from the desk was an absolute wreck of a man, with a shimmer of liquid dripping from his crusted lips. His eyes were red and out of focus, his hair in random, whispy knots. His three piece suit was stained with streaks of water and his vest buttoned in the wrong places. His tie was undone, thrown over his neck like a noose in the gallows.

Did you know I'm novelising Snake Eater? Check out my progress here.

WhiteThinDuke
Member Avatar

base building was the absolute worst aspect of Fallout 4, that and radiant quests

Jassassino
Member Avatar
Avocados at law.

How underlying forced it was was the worst, but IMO, it was better than the writing, quests, characters, environments, enemies, dungeons, companions, new weapon crafting system and skimping out on uniques, lack of visible holstered weapons... it was an awful game and base building is the only thing that keeps me revisiting ocassionally. Even if it is broken as shit and awful too.
Posted Image
Piss off, ghost!
Posted Image
Rest in Peace, OS.

Welcome to the Gallery

Edgelord
Member Avatar
A nutjob without borders

Wasn't a big fan of fallout 4 at all but hoping they do something original with this one.
BEFORE THY BECOMES SALTY WITH THE TEARS OF BEING OFFENDED.
BEHOLD THE FIELD IN WHICH I GROW MY FUCKS TO GIVE.
LAY THINE EYES UPON IT AND SEE THAT IT IS BARREN

The Baneposter
Member Avatar
Only me

Who even wants this
Posted Image
Spoiler: click to toggle

Dirty Duck
Member Avatar
super𝖛𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖆𝖎𝖓

The Baneposter
Jun 9 2018, 12:18:14 AM
Who even wants this
Agent

Posted Image

So everyone..
Posted Image
the beast ii

R.I.P G.J.V | R.I.P OS.

Jassassino
Member Avatar
Avocados at law.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Piss off, ghost!
Posted Image
Rest in Peace, OS.

Welcome to the Gallery

CIA
Member Avatar

I was wondering how they kicked this out so quick, but it looks like a relatively empty open world without npcs. RIP dialogue system.
Posted Image
Departed: I hate MGS 1 because I'm old.
Forum Bling

Dirty Duck
Member Avatar
super𝖛𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖆𝖎𝖓

interesting if nothing else
Posted Image
the beast ii

R.I.P G.J.V | R.I.P OS.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · Gaming Chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin Global Moderator Forum Moderator Member Validating Banned