Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
E3 2018 (SEMI Gameplay) Trailer
Topic Started: Jun 12 2018, 03:08:36 AM (1,032 Views)
Doakes
Member Avatar

Because let's be honest, Kojima insists that every trailer he ever makes should be a music video at this point. :P

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

solidsnoop29
Member Avatar
Twitter: @SolidSnoop29, Skype: SolidSnoop29, Twitch: SolidSnoop101
That was Amazing!
Posted Image

"This world will become one - I have found the way. Race, Tribal affiliations, National borders. Even our faces will be irrelevant. The world that The Boss envisioned will finally become a reality. And it will make mankind whole again...".

V HAS COME TO

Meme x Gene X Scene

Psajdak
Light Infantry
I love these kind of trailers, that aren't showing everything, simply because I prefer discovering stuff while playing myself.

Setting looks creepy and disturbing in a good way.

And that spiky suit Lea wears is really so Kojima - Solidus's suit, Skull Suit, uniforms worn by Arsenal Tengu and FROGS.

I wonder is she will be a boss at some point...
Validated after 4 years.

The Baneposter
Member Avatar
Only me

Posted Image
Posted Image
Spoiler: click to toggle
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Agent
Member Avatar

Edgelord
Member Avatar
A nutjob without borders

The teaser trailers were just kojima teasing us with foreplay, this semi trailer is just us getting a semi from being teased so hopefully at psx this year we get the full on reverse cowgirl trailer
BEFORE THY BECOMES SALTY WITH THE TEARS OF BEING OFFENDED.
BEHOLD THE FIELD IN WHICH I GROW MY FUCKS TO GIVE.
LAY THINE EYES UPON IT AND SEE THAT IT IS BARREN

Zan Datsu
Member Avatar
Get up & Go

its awesome but i'm smelling a late 2019 or early 2020 release tbh.
Posted Image

The Departed
Quote:

Until that diamond nipple awesome game is ever created, all we can do is dream that one day, an MG1 remake happens

CIA
Member Avatar

Now starring Lea Seydoux and the paper chase lady.

I don't think they can announce any new cast member and capture the magic of the mads mikkelsen reveal.
Posted Image
Departed: I hate MGS 1 because I'm old.
Forum Bling

Doakes
Member Avatar

CIA - I was thoroughly disappointed that Mads didn't show up to 'shh' Norman Reedus and his Funky Fetus like the other two trailers.

I will say that I like the glimpses of what was shown; the gameplay feeling like a reminiscent blend of MGSV and Zelda's BotW. The world looks like it has some real atmosphere, the creature we've seen thus far looks like a unique kind of enemy, and it seems we can give Norman Reedus the haircut he so desperately needs. :D

But in spite of all of that, I'm not confused. I got everything I needed the second I opened the link and the first thing I see is a trip down someone's esophagus leading right to a baby's butt sticking proudly at the camera, before pulling out. So I think it's safe to assume that the internet can stop overthinking what is sure to be another 'Kojima' game. Count on someone pooing themselves in the first ten minutes.

I wish we got to actually see Reedus using that weird sniper rifle against enemies. It'd be good to see what the baser gameplay is like when you aren't avoiding Boo's scary cousin from Luigi's Manson, the uncut version.
Posted Image

Ishmael Snake
Member Avatar
call me Ishmael Snake

"Besieged by death's tide at every turn, Sam Bridges must brave a world utterly transformed by the Death Stranding. Carrying the stranded remnants of the future in his hands, Sam embarks on a journey to reunite the shattered world one step at a time. What is the mystery of the Death Stranding? What will Sam discover on the road ahead? A genre defining gameplay experience holds these answers and more."

Nice trailer it's exactly what i expected from this game to be.
Edited by Ishmael Snake, Jun 12 2018, 12:32:52 PM.
Good luck kiefersnake ! "Vic" Boss
Posted Image

tonic
Member Avatar
Heavily-Armed Trooper
You know how in MGS2 you slowly realize that the game is repeating the past, basically simulating MGS1. Iím starting to believe Death Stranding may be a game where you slowly identify and make connections from past history or even past movies. The scene where the woman says you still donít know who I am makes me wonder if we should be recognizing her from a past movie or something.

Kojima also had said players wonít play Reedus, they will be Reedus. Makes you wonder if some of these characters arenít themselves(real or movie selves) timefalled into another space and time. Infinity in second, eternity in the palm of your hand or whatever that poem said. Timefall canít wipe all the past away, maybe the character are remnant who managed to survive because of their level(e.g. extinction level). Lol Iím rambling. This wasnít enough Kojima, we need more.

Are you a MGS Guru?
Do you want to test your MGS IQ?
Well then check out my MGS Series Riddles:
http://mgsforums.com/topic/7725582/3/

Edgelord
Member Avatar
A nutjob without borders

Zan Datsu
Jun 12 2018, 10:47:30 AM
its awesome but i'm smelling a late 2019 or early 2020 release tbh.
That's actually pretty realistic man. I mean he only started kojipro in what? 2016,2017?
The first teaser was a cgi thing before development really started going ahead
tonic
Jun 12 2018, 02:10:25 PM
You know how in MGS2 you slowly realize that the game is repeating the past, basically simulating MGS1. Iím starting to believe Death Stranding may be a game where you slowly identify and make connections from past history or even past movies. The scene where the woman says you still donít know who I am makes me wonder if we should be recognizing her from a past movie or something.<br /><br />Kojima also had said players wonít play Reedus, they will be Reedus. Makes you wonder if some of these characters arenít themselves(real or movie selves) timefalled into another space and time. Infinity in second, eternity in the palm of your hand or whatever that poem said. Timefall canít wipe all the past away, maybe the character are remnant who managed to survive because of their level(e.g. extinction level). Lol Iím rambling. This wasnít enough Kojima, we need more.<br /><br />
Maybe you play raiden who's really just gray fox 😂
BEFORE THY BECOMES SALTY WITH THE TEARS OF BEING OFFENDED.
BEHOLD THE FIELD IN WHICH I GROW MY FUCKS TO GIVE.
LAY THINE EYES UPON IT AND SEE THAT IT IS BARREN

tonic
Member Avatar
Heavily-Armed Trooper
Not funny Edgelord. Just remember that we are both nut jobs. The only difference is you are Scottish.

In any case think of the fact that Kojima says 70 of his body is movies. I would say the other 30% if music, imagery etc. That is the way he CONNECTS with us. I have a strong feeling that is how this game will have players connecting. This reddit poster u/Alfique gave a good analysis but check out the image at the top of his post. The imagery is awfully similar to the imagery at the start of the new trailer. It a Mike Oldfield album cover. Connection through movies, music, imagery from the past.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DeathStranding/comments/8qgce2/things_i_learned_from_the_new_trailer/

These connections are not immediately obvious but I believe them to be clues.

One other quick observation. The spike on the ladyís suit extend when the beings are present. They retract when they are gone. That pic Sam was holding up is probably imagery from Bionic Woman
Edited by tonic, Jun 12 2018, 03:26:16 PM.
Are you a MGS Guru?

dg1995
Member Avatar
Jail Guard
From that moment that the game showed baby's ass, I couldn't take it seriously anymore.(So I just skipped every cutscenes since it was supposedly designed to confuse the players)

And gameplay , well they just showed some walking parts and even though that I won't bother playing games that have more emphasize on exploration than combat or stealth(Like Shenmue) , so far this game doesn't have any charm to it like Shenmue.

The Departed
Member Avatar
Your friendly neighborhood truck

CIA

Kojima's targeting directors and screenwriters now, since they got all the Oscars. So the next celebrity reveal's gonna be Jordan Peele playing his retired Commando role from Key & Peele.

He'll be the surprise final boss when Maddy Mads is crushed from an unforeseen Deus Ex Machina and then he'll be gutshot trying to stop a bullet with his bare hands.
Also Peele's growly man voice>>>>>>>>>Daryl's growly man voice.
Posted Image
Dirty Duck

Duck as sake no bidibgeybfbfhailhydradrinkn:(

awards and such

r.i.p. to the coolest dude we'll ever know :gary:

tonic
Member Avatar
Heavily-Armed Trooper
So the goal of the game is to reconnect the future. Apparently death stranding is an event maybe its one of the BANGS from the 3rd trailer. The final Bang that will be our last. The fact that Sam has extinction level is probably pointing to the fact that he can always come back from death. But even though he comes back the voiding events ( craters) leave the landscape changed. My guess is that Sam reconnects the future by collecting and delivering the things that are left behind in death. Thing like pictures, movies, music that canít be affected by timefall for example. Timefall only seems to affect living things.
Are you a MGS Guru?

Khun
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
ďReedusĒ (or whatever) might be a cyborg as well.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jptbay
Member Avatar
Jail Guard
I'm sure I will buy this game and like it, but I am somewhat concerned the "rope" idea of connections relies on pop culture references that are relevant to a 50 something Japanese man, and maybe not many others.

I am mid 40's and the bionic women means nothing to me.

It's just weird to see Kojima fanboy gushing over these actors, saying stuff like "Only >insert actor name< could play this part in death stranding."
Edited by jptbay, Jun 13 2018, 12:48:32 AM.

sadistic_greyfox
Member Avatar
Midnight Leader

I wasnt too hot on it tbh with all of you, sure it looked pretty but i thought it was a pretty boring trailer compared to what I'm used to from Kojima. He's been a king of trailers and teasers and this was kinda just a big fat MEH. I mean i know there's combat etc but man did it make it seem like the definition of a walking simulator.
Posted Image
Missing you more with each day, Joe

Brera
Member Avatar

sadistic_greyfox
Jun 13 2018, 07:44:35 AM
I wasnt too hot on it tbh with all of you, sure it looked pretty but i thought it was a pretty boring trailer compared to what I'm used to from Kojima. He's been a king of trailers and teasers and this was kinda just a big fat MEH. I mean i know there's combat etc but man did it make it seem like the definition of a walking simulator.
Agreed. It looks boring tbh.
Posted Image

Good old sig #epicmspaintskills

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Death Stranding · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin Global Moderator Forum Moderator Member Validating Banned