Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Konami willing to make more remasters if fans want
Topic Started: Jun 19 2018, 03:31:06 PM (570 Views)
Galactus123
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
Brand Manager of Konami was interviewed about Zone of the Enders 2 remaster at E3 and he said that more remasters are possible if fans are loud enough. Here is the full video:

At 7:27 when asked if there are plans to remaster more games like this: "Like all game companies we listen to our fans right."

More at 9:00 when asked if ZoE1 remaster is possible: "Its about fan demand and fan reaction. You can always have hope." “Eventually if you’re loud enough and you speak with one voice, anything is possible.”

So they could make MGS Collection for the current consoles. Everyone should ask about remastering MGS games on Twitter and Facebook.
Edited by Galactus123, Jun 19 2018, 03:37:44 PM.
#AHideoKojimaGame
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Weedle_McHairybug
Hi-Tech Soldier
Galactus123
Jun 19 2018, 03:31:06 PM
Brand Manager of Konami was interviewed about Zone of the Enders 2 remaster at E3 and he said that more remasters are possible if fans are loud enough. Here is the full video:

At 7:27 when asked if there are plans to remaster more games like this: "Like all game companies we listen to our fans right."

More at 9:00 when asked if ZoE1 remaster is possible: "Its about fan demand and fan reaction. You can always have hope." “Eventually if you’re loud enough and you speak with one voice, anything is possible.”

So they could make MGS Collection for the current consoles. Everyone should ask about remastering MGS games on Twitter and Facebook.
Just give me the link for the appropriate channels, and I'll make sure to ask. I'm especially interested in a Portable Ops remaster.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Galactus123
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
Weedle_McHairybug
Jun 19 2018, 11:48:33 PM
Just give me the link for the appropriate channels, and I'll make sure to ask. I'm especially interested in a Portable Ops remaster.
Here are some of their social media profiles:

https://twitter.com/metalgear_en
https://twitter.com/metalgear_jp
https://twitter.com/Konami

https://www.facebook.com/MetalGearSurvive/

Edited by Galactus123, Jun 20 2018, 11:07:29 AM.
#AHideoKojimaGame

The Departed
Member Avatar
Your friendly neighborhood truck

It's good to have the MGS series remastered (not remastered) because last gen consoles aren't being manufactured anymore. Without remasters or ports to current gen, a day will come when no MGS game is accessible.
Posted Image
Dirty Duck

Duck as sake no bidibgeybfbfhailhydradrinkn:(

awards and such

r.i.p. to the coolest dude we'll ever know :gary:

Weedle_McHairybug
Hi-Tech Soldier
The Departed
Jun 20 2018, 03:02:32 AM
It's good to have the MGS series remastered (not remastered) because last gen consoles aren't being manufactured anymore. Without remasters or ports to current gen, a day will come when no MGS game is accessible.
Ah, what do you mean by "remastered (not remastered)"?

Quote:

Weedle_McHairybug
Jun 19 2018, 11:48:33 PM
Here are some of their sosial media profiles:

https://twitter.com/metalgear_en
https://twitter.com/metalgear_jp
https://twitter.com/Konami

https://www.facebook.com/MetalGearSurvive/

Thanks. Sent a tweet to the English twitter account, and will probably forward a tweet to Konami as well as a Facebook post to the official Facebook page shortly.

EDIT: BTW, does anyone know how to actually post on a page? Sometimes when I do so, the post gets lost for some reason.

EDIT 2: Never mind, found the post I made:

https://www.facebook.com/MetalGearSurvive/posts/818620568339315
Edited by Weedle_McHairybug, Jun 20 2018, 04:24:54 AM.

Silent Assassin
Member Avatar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Remake or go home.
Posted Image

CIA
Member Avatar

Has konami remastered anything well? I remember them changing voice actors and removing fog from silent hill 2. What are they going to do with snake eater? Remove David Hayter and change every other word in the script to "the boss' will?"
Posted Image
Departed: I hate MGS 1 because I'm old.
Forum Bling

Galactus123
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
CIA
Jun 20 2018, 10:56:01 AM
Has konami remastered anything well? I remember them changing voice actors and removing fog from silent hill 2. What are they going to do with snake eater? Remove David Hayter and change every other word in the script to "the boss' will?"
They did release MGS HD Collection in 2011 and it was well received. There were some framerate drops but it ran 60fps most of the time if I remember right. It was only 720p so a new version would be great. It could be 1080p and even 4K on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X.
Edited by Galactus123, Jun 20 2018, 11:16:42 AM.
#AHideoKojimaGame

sadistic_greyfox
Member Avatar
Midnight Leader

Silent Hill 2's remaster broke my heart, fucking Classic basically fucked in the ass. I really would like a remaster or remake, either or, and I bet my ass we'll see the 4k treatment for these games soon enough. Konami loves their little collections. We've been loud for long enough they Fucking KNOW we want it.
Posted Image
Missing you more with each day, Joe (OS.)

Spoiler: click to toggle

The Departed
Member Avatar

Only game that should be remade is the MSX game or Ghost Babies. The rest, just remaster for current-gen and PC then go back to making zombie pachislots.
Posted Image
Dirty Duck

awards and such

Khun
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
Technically, the MSX games have already been remastered (MGS 3: Subsistence). Apart from that, it would be great (and wise) to have Ghost Babel finally available on the Nintendo eShop.

I would also like to see the underrated and relatively unknown Metal Gear Solid Portable (even though it was made by another developer).
Edited by Khun, Jun 21 2018, 11:55:31 AM.

Galactus123
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
I hope they consider remastering The Twin Snakes. Would be awesome to play that on PS4.
#AHideoKojimaGame

Weedle_McHairybug
Hi-Tech Soldier
Khun
Jun 21 2018, 11:22:58 AM
Technically, the MSX games have already been remastered (MGS 3: Subsistence). Apart from that, it would be great (and wise) to have Ghost Babel finally available on the Nintendo eShop.

I would also like to see the underrated and relatively unknown Metal Gear Solid Portable (even though it was made by another developer).
To be fair, technically, Peace Walker was also made by that same other developer, yet that won't stop them from making remasters as well. And let's not forget that the other developer's first game was Subsistence, and since they have no problems doing remasters on that, I'm pretty sure that they can pull off Portable Ops easily. Heck, they've rereleased MGS4 on the PS4 right now.

In any case, I asked on their twitter and Facebook pages (both Twitter accounts, at least the English speaking ones).

As far as Ghost Babel, we probably should at least get that released even if it isn't canon. Not like Kojima can do anything to stop it anyway. Even though I'm not fond of the overt anti-American messaging of Ghost Babel, or the anti-colonial aspects [look, I may not be too fond of colonialism myself, but I also recognize that it did ultimately have its benefits for even third worlders that really shouldn't be overlooked], I at the same time have a bit of a soft spot for that game because I felt it did the character of Solid Snake justice, actually showed Snake having remorse for past misdeeds, something that quite frankly MGS1 failed to actually capture (especially when for some reason that game opted to just treat Snake as some run-of-the-mill psychopath by having both friends and enemies basically tear Snake down as some sort of murder-loving monster, and barring the instance with Liquid, not only does Snake not make any effort to disagree with them at all, even to people he really should disagree with like his friends, but in the case of Naomi, he if anything said she was right about him being heartless. Yeah, wasn't too happy with that bit at all, seemed like outright character assassination especially going by Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake's rendition of Solid Snake, now that canonical Snake actually IS someone I could get behind.).

On that note, they probably could do a Virtual Console rerelease of the NES Metal Gear and even Snake's Revenge. Hey, it's a bit of Metal Gear history, and whatever you have to say about Snake's Revenge, you have to admit, if it weren't for either of those two games, we wouldn't even have a Metal Gear franchise (since Snake's Revenge was part of the reason why Kojima was talked into making Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, and ultimately into creating the other Metal Gear games we all know and love), so they deserve some recognition if for no other reason than that (even if Kojima doesn't, at least in the case of the NES Metal Gear). And I mean it in all seriousness, no sarcasm. Of course, since they technically only requested for remasters and not rereleases, I'm afraid the NES Metal Gear, Snake's Revenge, and Ghost Babel stuff will have to wait.

Psajdak
Light Infantry
Most of all, I wish for MGS1 remake.

Remasters don't interest me, beside maybe having MGS4 at 60fps on PS4 Pro.
Validated after 4 years.

Weedle_McHairybug
Hi-Tech Soldier
Psajdak
Jun 22 2018, 10:12:44 AM
Most of all, I wish for MGS1 remake.

Remasters don't interest me, beside maybe having MGS4 at 60fps on PS4 Pro.
Just so we're clear, by MGS1 remake, you mean besides The Twin Snakes, right?

A Big Crocodile
Member Avatar
Filthy casuals

For all I care, Konami can shove any of their old crap up their arse.
[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]
A Big Bad Croc's Big Bad Bragging Blog || My Soundcloud || My Mixcloud

Forever a boss

The Departed
Member Avatar

Only games that should be remade are the MSX games. All the rest don't really benefit quite as much from one and still mostly hold up just fine.

Remaking the first two makes sense because they're the games a writer can get the most liberal with changes on so the story isn't "same shit, shinier wrapper."
Posted Image
Dirty Duck

awards and such

Weedle_McHairybug
Hi-Tech Soldier
The Departed
Jun 22 2018, 09:28:49 PM
Only games that should be remade are the MSX games. All the rest don't really benefit quite as much from one and still mostly hold up just fine.

Remaking the first two makes sense because they're the games a writer can get the most liberal with changes on so the story isn't "same shit, shinier wrapper."
Probably also Portable Ops regarding remakes, although only because if it's released on consoles, it technically shouldn't be called "Portable Ops." It probably should also get actual full-fledged cutscenes and full voice acting as well. Other than that, treat it pretty much like The Twin Snakes in terms of overall story treatment.

And yeah, if anything needs remakes, its the MSX2 games, especially after how Kojima pretty much did a hatchet job on them continuity wise since MGS1 due to viewing himself as an artiste who shouldn't be held back by lore.

Psajdak
Light Infantry
Weedle_McHairybug
Jun 22 2018, 12:18:13 PM
[Just so we're clear, by MGS1 remake, you mean besides The Twin Snakes, right?

Yeah, besides TTS, because TTS, while, IMO, is a really good game, it still felt too much like MGS2 with MGS1 skin.

When it comes to remake, I expect it to be more than just graphical update - rather to have new areas, items, bosses, even story elements.

Entire Shadow Moses open world, dunno.

And fucking Decoy Octopus boss fight.
Edited by Psajdak, Jun 24 2018, 03:55:58 PM.
Validated after 4 years.

Doakes
Member Avatar

Similarly, I don't think the MGS games should be remade as much as I do the MGX games should. But if any of them were ever remade, then they should definitely be given immense overhauls to where they feel like brand new games even if the story still follows the same essence. For example, an MGS1 game wouldn't need to redo the PAL card, or even the Miller fakeout. The finite details can always be changed. And adding more smaller tier bosses or repeating showdowns wouldn't hurt, such as having Octopus as a boss, or MULTIPLE encounters with Gray Fox to gradually help him remember who and what he is. Or even more set pieces that feature Meryl by our side, so when she's eventually captured, there could be a more real weight to the scenario.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Metal Gear General · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin · Global Moderator · Forum Moderator · Member · Validating · Banned