Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Konami going through a restructure; Creates new gaming division
Topic Started: Jun 27 2018, 04:15:09 PM (509 Views)
Silent Assassin
Member Avatar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

https://www.dualshockers.com/konami-restructuring-executives/

Quote:

Today Konami announced via press release some new executive appointments and the formation of a new Production Division within its game development structure.

Under Chief Operating Officer Hideki Hayakawa, Production Division 1 Director Sadaaki Kaneyoshi will cover the role of Chief Creative Officer supervising games for mobile, console and PC. Production Division 2 Director Shoji Dewa will be CCO supervising card games.

Yoshihiko Ota will be Corporate Officer as Production Support Division Director and Masato Kubota will have the same rank as Human Resource Department General Manager.

On top of this, a Production Division 3 has been established under the leadership of Koji Kobayashi, who used to be General Manager of Production Department 4 within Production Division 1. Tatsuhiko Yamamoto will be General Manager of Production Department 3 within Production Division 3. Kenji Nakamura will become General Manager of Production Department 4 within Production Division 1, which was the role previously held by Kobayashi-san.

This restructuring and executive changes were prompted to “respond to the rapid market changes that surround Konami, and to achieve further growth of our digital entertainment business.” For those unfamiliar with Konami, the digital entertainment business is the segment of the company working on games.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

sadistic_greyfox
Member Avatar
Midnight Leader

Lets hope theyre gonna take video games seriously again.
Posted Image
Missing you more with each day, Joe (OS.)

Spoiler: click to toggle

Jassassino
Member Avatar
Avocados at law.

I'd put money down on this being a studio centred around the remake/remastering of older titles in their library.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Rest in Peace, OS.

Welcome to the Gallery

Dirty Duck
Member Avatar
super𝖛𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖆𝖎𝖓

This division will redefine the pachinko experience forevermore
Posted Image
the beast ii

R.I.P G.J.V | R.I.P OS.

The Departed
Member Avatar
Your friendly neighborhood truck

Intredasting timing, considering David Hayter just came back as Snack in Smash and Biggie / Snack in Bomberman R's new update.

...Y'all know what that means...

English MGS3 Pachislots confirmed. :roy:

I'm intredasted to see if this means Konami's higher ups have pulled their heads just slightly out of their anuses.

Just waiting on Yong to make the "fuckonamianyway" vidya.
Posted Image
Dirty Duck

Duck as sake no bidibgeybfbfhailhydradrinkn:(

awards and such

r.i.p. to the coolest dude we'll ever know :gary:

Dirty Duck
Member Avatar
super𝖛𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖆𝖎𝖓

OMG Snake is in Bomberman?! Is he in the Switch version too? Super Bomberman R is the best supported Konami game in a long time lmao
Posted Image
the beast ii

R.I.P G.J.V | R.I.P OS.

Silent Assassin
Member Avatar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

They already have mobile and card games covered in the 2 divisions. The third one's something else, so it's probably AAA development. Youtube/forum comments are going crazy over "lololo pachinko". Truth is, Pachinko is a completely different division at Konami and has nothing to do with gaming divisions.

What I was hoping for is that some higherups got the boot. But at least things are changing there so we might hear good news soon.
Posted Image

NateDog
Member Avatar
We have arrived.
Dirty Duck
Jun 28 2018, 10:43:56 AM
OMG Snake is in Bomberman?! Is he in the Switch version too? Super Bomberman R is the best supported Konami game in a long time lmao
The trailer for him didn't show the Switch logo at the end incredibly.

This probably makes sense. Apparently they showed a remastered game / games behind closed doors at E3.
Watch this space.

Silent Assassin
Member Avatar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

What the actual frick? Remaster or remake? Remasters I don't care about as we had plenty of those. A remake is something I'm looking forward to, as long as it's not MGS3. (For now. More important games need to be remade first)
Edited by Silent Assassin, Jun 28 2018, 03:11:06 PM.
Posted Image

Dirty Duck
Member Avatar
super𝖛𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖆𝖎𝖓

NateDog
Jun 28 2018, 01:38:06 PM
Dirty Duck
Jun 28 2018, 10:43:56 AM
The trailer for him didn't show the Switch logo at the end incredibly.

This probably makes sense. Apparently they showed a remastered game / games behind closed doors at E3.
Hes on it! I went on and bought him and Nakey Snakey lol. I'm now working up the coins to buy Raiden too.
Posted Image
the beast ii

R.I.P G.J.V | R.I.P OS.

Novitch
Member Avatar
Knight
At least remaster MGS3 and maybe you can get some interest back Konami

Dirty Duck
Member Avatar
super𝖛𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖆𝖎𝖓

lol there is no need to remaster MGS3 again
Posted Image
the beast ii

R.I.P G.J.V | R.I.P OS.

Doakes
Member Avatar

There REALLY isn't. In fact, there isn't even a need to remake the MSX games. But if ANY Metal Gear game can genuinely BENEFIT from being remade, it's the MSX titles. You can take the most creative liberties with the stories given the context behind them now that V changes things. And above all else, they're incredibly flawed games that can benefit greatly from a complete overhaul in design. In contrast, every other MGS game, flawed as they are, can be played and enjoyed just fine today.

In truth, I have no real opinions about this. I do hope this means we get actual GAMES from Konami, more notably, games with a real BUDGET, but time will tell.
Posted Image

Edgelord
Member Avatar
A nutjob without borders

Best thing they can do is sell their game rights to other companies and focus on their other enterprises as their pathinko business has suffered in Japan. The japenese public don't like Konami that much due to all the Japanese news media and articles constantly exposing their treatment of their workers and stuff over the last decade.
BEFORE THY BECOMES SALTY WITH THE TEARS OF BEING OFFENDED.
BEHOLD THE FIELD IN WHICH I GROW MY FUCKS TO GIVE.
LAY THINE EYES UPON IT AND SEE THAT IT IS BARREN

Novitch
Member Avatar
Knight
Dirty Duck
Jul 9 2018, 10:34:02 PM
Dont be silly, I meant they giving it the pachinko visuals

big_boss1988
Member Avatar
I Am The Hype

Novitch
Jul 12 2018, 12:36:59 AM
Dirty Duck
Jul 9 2018, 10:34:02 PM
Dont be silly, I meant they giving it the pachinko visuals
That way, it will be a full remake.
Posted Image

MGSF PEACE

Novitch
Member Avatar
Knight
A full remake would be indeed appreciated, but a graphics update is not a remake is a lets say... remaster.

With a remake you are making it up from scratch

big_boss1988
Member Avatar
I Am The Hype

Novitch
Jul 12 2018, 05:05:52 PM
A full remake would be indeed appreciated, but a graphics update is not a remake is a lets say... remaster.

With a remake you are making it up from scratch
Well, I can’t say I would call those pachinko visual a graphics update. 🤔
Posted Image

MGSF PEACE

Dirty Duck
Member Avatar
super𝖛𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖆𝖎𝖓

Yes...and there’s no need for that
Posted Image
the beast ii

R.I.P G.J.V | R.I.P OS.

The Departed
Member Avatar
Your friendly neighborhood truck

Only MG game that should be remade are the MSX ones, and even those don't need to be remade.

Anything else is "same shit, shinier wrapper," and I figured we would be above that, wouldn't we?

...What Crash Bandicoot remaster...
Posted Image
Dirty Duck

Duck as sake no bidibgeybfbfhailhydradrinkn:(

awards and such

r.i.p. to the coolest dude we'll ever know :gary:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Gaming Chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin · Global Moderator · Forum Moderator · Member · Validating · Banned