Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Vogt-Roberts says that the script is one of the best he has ever read
Topic Started: Jul 15 2018, 02:37:15 PM (637 Views)
Galactus123
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
Jordan Vogt-Roberts was interviewed by IGN:

He says that they just turned in the script and it is one of the best he has ever read. It is one of the most coolest, weirdest and the most Kojima things. Good to hear that the movie is still in development.

He also posted this on Twitter in April:
https://twitter.com/VogtRoberts/status/981010788235137025

Quote:

Scheming today with HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN.

Posted Image
Edited by Galactus123, Jul 15 2018, 02:41:04 PM.
#AHideoKojimaGame
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Departed
Member Avatar
Nigel Blartberry

It's by one of the guys who wrote Jurassic World...

...That's all I'm sayin'.
Posted Image
Dirty Duck

Duck as sake no bidibgeybfbfhailhydradrinkn:(

awards and such

r.i.p. to the coolest dude we'll ever know :gary:

Galactus123
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
Vogt-Roberts posted this on Twitter few days ago:
https://twitter.com/VogtRoberts/status/1017781063903535105

Someone uploaded the video on Youtube:

Great to hear Paul Eiding. He could actually play him in the movie.
Edited by Galactus123, Jul 16 2018, 02:03:48 PM.
#AHideoKojimaGame

Novitch
Member Avatar
Knight
Please let it be an original story. I want to new metal gear stuff not things I have already seen.

doubleo sigint
Member Avatar
I just wanna see you shine 'cause I know you are a Stargirl

the smartest thing they could do is turn MG 1 and 2 into a movie, they have a bit more free reign and it'll be something newish.

Never thought I'd say this but Kojima being involved is actually worrying, the creator involvement doesn't always guarantee a solid product, just look at the ready player one movie compared to the book, Cline wrote the script for the film but it still far pales in comparison to the book.
Edited by doubleo sigint, Jul 16 2018, 07:58:18 PM.
Waiting for Shenmue III like...
Posted Image

Jassassino
Member Avatar
Avocados at law.

With a concept like Ready Player One, it will be hard to ever make a film adaptation NOT cringey, awful, shit. Etc. They should have just made it a 2D beat-em-up game.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Rest in Peace, OS.

Welcome to the Gallery
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Departed
Member Avatar
Nigel Blartberry

Or do away with movie bullshit and just make it a season long on Netflix.
Posted Image
Dirty Duck

awards and such

doubleo sigint
Member Avatar

Jassassino
Jul 16 2018, 08:11:00 PM
With a concept like Ready Player One, it will be hard to ever make a film adaptation NOT cringey, awful, shit. Etc. They should have just made it a 2D beat-em-up game.
TBH I really, really liked Ready Player One the movie, then I read the book and it rendered the movie useless, so glad I watched the movie first, would've ruined the whole experience the other way around.

Also I feel Kojima has become the George Lucas of Metal Gear right now, I know we don't all agree but after the travesty of MGSV imo, even if Konami left Kojima to it and finish mission 31 or whatever I think he completely dropped the ball, in-fact I think Konami were probably the ones reigning Kojima back a bit from making MGSV even more crazy and stupid. I think Death Stranding will be great because Kojima gets to stretch his legs with it but with MGS he really doesn't give a fuck about lore, canon or presentation anymore and I feel like he'd pass it on to the movie and probably be happy with Gekko's fighting Gray Fox in the Rex hanger or The Boss being Solid Snake's mother.

The-Departed completely agree.
Edited by doubleo sigint, Jul 17 2018, 07:57:12 AM.
Posted Image

sadistic_greyfox
Member Avatar
Midnight Leader

I want to believe he'll do a good job so in this case I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I jusy hope to god he doesn't do like the "Ghost In The Shell" movie by tring to mix ALLLLL ythe stories into an hr and a half film.
Posted Image
Missing you more with each day, Joe (OS.)

Spoiler: click to toggle

Ishmael Snake
Member Avatar
call me Ishmael Snake

Why need to turn Metal Gear into a movie if the games with it's cutscenes already are like the movies. If they really want to do it better be a good one.
Good luck kiefersnake ! "Vic" Boss
Posted Image

The Departed
Member Avatar
Nigel Blartberry

Ishmael-Snake

In fairness, and I say this in the loosest sense, MGS' cutscenes arent really movie quality since so much of their cutscenes are pure exposition as opposed to genuine character shit. Like if you translated an MGS movie to the big screen as is, it would be critically slammed because no one wants to watch a protagonist get talked at by supporting characters explaining the plot.

The problem is, video game movies suck ass and just because Roberts is a huge MGS fanboy and is actually collaborating with Kojima doesn't mean what they come with can translate for the big screen.

...And again, this script Roberts is so proud is by Jurassic World guy.
Posted Image
Dirty Duck

awards and such

Psajdak
Light Infantry
Just copy everything from first Die Hard movie, and at the end make someone drive big robot.
Validated after 4 years.

doubleo sigint
Member Avatar

All I know is they better cast Scott Eastwood as Snake and Hugh Jackman as Big Boss, Jackman has reached that sweet age now where they can age him up or age him down and both will be believable.
But then Clint Eastwood as old Big Boss to Scott Eastwood's Solid Snake would all kinds of meta epicness.
Edited by doubleo sigint, Jul 19 2018, 09:09:13 AM.
Posted Image

Edgelord
Member Avatar
A nutjob without borders

Only problem is, Scott Eastwood can't fo any kind of acting. He is absolute garbage in everything he has been in. But he could surprise.

Let's be honest, all video game adaptations are just montages of the best scenes from the games merged together

Also "One" of the writers who helped write jurrassic world 1 and 2 isn't an issue. The guy is obviously good enough to get work. Plus unless you've read his screenplays (which will differ from the films) you can't really complain as he'd put all the "Professional writers/filmmakers" on mgsf to shame lol
Edited by Edgelord, Jul 30 2018, 08:14:26 AM.
BEFORE THY BECOMES SALTY WITH THE TEARS OF BEING OFFENDED.
BEHOLD THE FIELD IN WHICH I GROW MY FUCKS TO GIVE.
LAY THINE EYES UPON IT AND SEE THAT IT IS BARREN

solidsnoop29
Member Avatar
Twitter: @SolidSnoop29, Skype: SolidSnoop29, Twitch: SolidSnoop101
I bet you it's going to be from some unknown person's perspective who gets to witness the story and experience of Snake perhaps. Someone playing a video game and gets sucked in to he world of metal gear just like Jumanji.
Posted Image

"This world will become one - I have found the way. Race, Tribal affiliations, National borders. Even our faces will be irrelevant. The world that The Boss envisioned will finally become a reality. And it will make mankind whole again...".

V HAS COME TO

Meme x Gene X Scene

The Departed
Member Avatar
Nigel Blartberry

Nah, the general gist is it's gonna span multiple timelines. So we'll see Biggie and Snack and the journey itself will interconnect. Whether or not it actually works is anyone's guess.
Posted Image
Dirty Duck

awards and such

sadistic_greyfox
Member Avatar
Midnight Leader

Multiple timelines? already sounds like a train wreck then. amkes sense if it spans multiple movies but how the fuck are you suppose to appreciate the characters if so much is being thrown at you AND in another timeline. chances are certain characters wont get their time to shine. If that's true it's gonna be convoluted as fuck.
Posted Image
Missing you more with each day, Joe (OS.)

Spoiler: click to toggle

Galactus123
Member Avatar
Light Infantry
New interview:
#AHideoKojimaGame

CIA
Member Avatar

Isn't the vogt-roberts that test to see if someone is a replicant?

I wonder if Miller's casting will be considered white washing if he was Japanese in MG2:SS and then became Johnny Bravo on the ps vita.
Posted Image
Departed: I hate MGS 1 because I'm old.
Forum Bling

Doakes
Member Avatar

Nothing I've read has filled me with confidence that this will be a structurally sound film. It isn't a very difficult thing to make a great Metal Gear film. All it requires is knowing what works, what to leave at the cutting room floor, and a tight, focused script. Nothing I've read or seen in interviews seems to indicate that's where we're headed, ESPECIALLY if they're seriously trying to implement both timelines in a single film.

Ghost Babel is an example of a good adaptation. It wasn't trying to be "BALLS TO THE WALLS CRAZY" as Roberts said in his latest interview. And it wasn't trying to be a complete love letter to all things Metal Gear. It was just interested in telling a focused, tight story with a small cast of memorable characters, and for the most part, it succeeded. I'm keeping an open mind, if only because, of all the video game movies to ever come out, this is the only one from a series I actually care about. But I have next to no hope for this film beyond it HOPEFULLY being entertaining, if nothing else.

Kong: Skull Island was a thoroughly average film, but it was at least entertaining. And if Roberts is working with any previous cast members, Andy Serkis would make a PERFECT Metal Gear REX. :P
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Metal Gear Solid Movie · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin Global Moderator Forum Moderator Member Validating Banned