Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Why join MGSF?
  • MGSF is officially the internet's largest MGS discussion board. So, you can enjoy your time with an active community of dedicated MGS fans.
  • Want more than just MGS talk? MGSF has a huge off-topic section for Opinions, Sport, Music, Movies, and other video games!
  • Organizations! Create your own or join an existing one. Organizations are sub-communities of the forum designed so you can gather with your closest friends on the board.
  • Blog! As a member, you have the ability to create your own blog on the forum for other users and/or guests to read.
  • Our forum also has an Arts sections for you to express your creative side, as well as a Digital Art forum in the computer corner.
  • We also have a Kojima Productions forum for members who wish to discuss KP-related issues outside of MGS.
Join our community today!

If you are already a member, please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Fuck Saudi Arabia
Topic Started: Aug 9 2018, 08:09:48 PM (854 Views)
Ranch DuBois Est. 2014
Member Avatar

Itís time the world is open and honest about this backwards ass global politics manipulating terror funding women hating child murdering police state.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-middle-east-45128367

Posted Image

Rest In Peace, Joe.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

A Big Crocodile
Member Avatar
Filthy casuals
I've always thought the middle east was pretty dismal but every time I say something like that I get called a bigot/racist, so I don't bother anymore. Even though those regions are objectively terrible in almost every way.

They make good food and carpets, though.
[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]
A Big Bad Croc's Big Bad Bragging Blog || My Soundcloud || My Mixcloud

Forever a boss

Bames Jond
Member Avatar
now this is pod racing

A Big Crocodile
Aug 9 2018, 08:41:16 PM
I've always thought the middle east was pretty dismal but every time I say something like that I get called a bigot/racist, so I don't bother anymore. Even though those regions are objectively terrible in almost every way.

They make good food and carpets, though.
because it's important to make the distinction between government and population. i can say i agree with hank's sentiment cuz i know he's a good dude but i personally would be careful about how i word shit like this. everyone with half a brain knows saudi arabia is governed by a bunch of cunts. when you say fuck a certain country or region though it can come off the wrong way, given current political contexts. the biggest victims of the saudi arabian regime are saudi arabians after all.

i dunno i've seen a lot of posts on places like reddit from gay ppl and atheists from the middle east. it's fucking sad. saudi arabia always gets a free pass on shit like this from the international community because oil. sad thing is all of us pretty much enable this shit in some form just by functioning in society.
Edited by Bames Jond, Aug 10 2018, 05:29:34 AM.

A Big Crocodile
Member Avatar
Filthy casuals
Well I think the people over there are a bit weird, but surely not as terrible as the governments. It's probably kinda like North Korea or China where the people are trapped in a certain mindset and way of life. Sucks though.
[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]Posted Image[rotate]

Forever a boss

The Baneposter
Member Avatar
Only me

I'm glad to see that even after all this time ABC still has no idea what he's talking about when he posts in this section.

SA is an anomaly of extremist politics and the reason they get away with it on such a global stage is because they have a strong western backbone behind their every move.
Posted Image
Spoiler: click to toggle
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

A Big Crocodile
Member Avatar
Filthy casuals
"An anomaly of extremist politics". Yup, the neighbouring countries are model regimes. Especially Syria. How I wish they were a member of the EU.

Forever a boss

The Baneposter
Member Avatar
Only me

The Baneposter
Aug 11 2018, 01:01:54 PM
I'm glad to see that even after all this time ABC still has no idea what he's talking about when he posts in this section.

Posted Image
Spoiler: click to toggle

Jassassino
Member Avatar
Avocados at law.

A Big Crocodile
Aug 11 2018, 02:32:53 PM
"An anomaly of extremist politics". Yup, the neighbouring countries are model regimes. Especially Syria. How I wish they were a member of the EU.
He wasn't saying their extremist politics are an anomaly, but they are an anomaly amongst themselves and others who maintain similar ideologies in their policies.
Edited by Jassassino, Aug 11 2018, 02:58:05 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Rest in Peace, OS.

Welcome to the Gallery

A Big Crocodile
Member Avatar
Filthy casuals
I still don't know what he means by that.
Edited by A Big Crocodile, Aug 11 2018, 03:05:02 PM.

Forever a boss

Mr. Tibbs
Member Avatar

He's saying most governments that are as ass backwards as SA aren't in such a prominent position. But since SA has been consistently back and protected by most Western nations and especially the US they're able to basically get away with all kinds of shit while still having a large amount of global political power. Or at least thats what I think he meant.

A Big Crocodile
Member Avatar
Filthy casuals
I don't think SA is being "protected" by western countries at all. I think it's the exact opposite, really. If the KSA decides to close the valve on the oil pipes, for whatever reason, they'd effectively destabilise the global economy which still relies heavily on the supply of oil. They already reduced supply for a while during the financial crisis post-2008, and in the seventies before that. I vividly remember having to pay 1.8 euro for a liter of gas at the pump in 2010.

Make no mistake, the KSA is in a position of power, globally. They only need to flex, and the countries that depend on their oil economy will buckle. That's why we are happy to supply them with weapons, and let them basically wipe their ass with the Geneva convention and the international bill of human rights.

Forever a boss

Supreme Leader Dante
Member Avatar
Supreme Leader

You donít think SA is being protected by western countries? Lol. What kind of grasp of geopolitics do you have? We (the UK) literally sell arms to them.
Posted Image

A Big Crocodile
Member Avatar
Filthy casuals
You didn't read what I posted, clearly. I said the KSA doesn't need protection.
Edited by A Big Crocodile, Aug 12 2018, 09:47:34 PM.

Forever a boss

Mr. Tibbs
Member Avatar

A Big Crocodile
Aug 12 2018, 03:49:38 PM
Make no mistake, the KSA is in a position of power, globally. They only need to flex, and the countries that depend on their oil economy will buckle. That's why we are happy to supply them with weapons, and let them basically wipe their ass with the Geneva convention and the international bill of human rights.
If being precariously placed as the most convenient current option is a position of power, then sure. But it's not. SA has no power other than their longstanding trade agreements and ability to sell their oil for dirt cheap comparatively. SA can only flex so hard before people say fuck it and walk away

They aren't sitting on some vast oil resource unavailable to the rest of the world. It's just a question of existing infrastructure. The US is already reactivating oil operations in the Permian basin with new drilling technologies. Canada and Alaska both have fuck loads of oil. Russia is balls deep in oil.

That is literally the opposite of global power. Unless you think the situation in Venezuela right now is indicative of strong political influence.

They're being protected by people who want their oil. That's all there is to it

http://www.blackmountainsand.com/will-the-largest-oilfield-in-the-world-soon-be-the-permian-basin/

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/energy/2018/03/26/texas-us-close-passing-saudi-arabia-russia-worlds-top-crude-oil-producer

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-24/permian-basin-seen-growing-to-largest-oil-patch-in-the-world

Here's some sources on the Permian basin by the way. There's no grounds at all for saying that countries will "buckle" economically without SA oil. And each year you're less able to say that a country even depends on it at all.

I know it's convenient to imagine them as evil brown tyrants shitting on the world but they wouldn't be doing jack shit without western support and protection
Edited by Mr. Tibbs, Aug 12 2018, 11:08:39 PM.

Ranch DuBois Est. 2014
Member Avatar

Saudi Arabia pretty much rules the world I really donít think thereís any country on earth as powerful

Posted Image

Rest In Peace, Joe.

A Big Crocodile
Member Avatar
Filthy casuals
Mr. Tibbs
Aug 12 2018, 11:01:18 PM
A Big Crocodile
Aug 12 2018, 03:49:38 PM
If being precariously placed as the most convenient current option is a position of power, then sure. But it's not. SA has no power other than their longstanding trade agreements and ability to sell their oil for dirt cheap comparatively. SA can only flex so hard before people say fuck it and walk away

They aren't sitting on some vast oil resource unavailable to the rest of the world. It's just a question of existing infrastructure. The US is already reactivating oil operations in the Permian basin with new drilling technologies. Canada and Alaska both have fuck loads of oil. Russia is balls deep in oil.

That is literally the opposite of global power. Unless you think the situation in Venezuela right now is indicative of strong political influence.

They're being protected by people who want their oil. That's all there is to it

http://www.blackmountainsand.com/will-the-largest-oilfield-in-the-world-soon-be-the-permian-basin/

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/energy/2018/03/26/texas-us-close-passing-saudi-arabia-russia-worlds-top-crude-oil-producer

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-24/permian-basin-seen-growing-to-largest-oil-patch-in-the-world

Here's some sources on the Permian basin by the way. There's no grounds at all for saying that countries will "buckle" economically without SA oil. And each year you're less able to say that a country even depends on it at all.

I know it's convenient to imagine them as evil brown tyrants shitting on the world but they wouldn't be doing jack shit without western support and protection
If nobody buys the oil of the Middle East, then why is Dubai so fucking opulent? Your equation makes zero sense and your logic is backwards.

Forever a boss

Mr. Tibbs
Member Avatar

I didn't say nobody buys their oil genius. Read my post. People buy it because it's convenient, not because Saudi Arabia is forcing them too. Their "power" ends the second people decide the cheap oil isn't worth the trouble. They're propped up by Western interests.
Seriously I'm baffled how you got that at all from my post

A Big Crocodile
Member Avatar
Filthy casuals
I reckon it would be almost as cheap to buy oil from Russia because the logistics are easier, yet we don't. However, we do buy their gas. I wonder why that is, really. But I'm sure geopolitics have nothing to do with it.

Forever a boss

Mr. Tibbs
Member Avatar

No. It wouldn't even be close cost wise. OPEC has been purpose crafted to supply cheap oil to the west.

But yes theoretically Russia could supply everyone's oil needs. Which is my whole fucking point. If two people can supply the same good and NATO has decided to buy from one and not the other, who is in power? NATO or the people they're buying oil from? Saudi Arabia's only power is their willingness to sell oil for dirt cheap. The rampant human rights violations help make this possible and thus the West looks the other way. If something comes up, supply weapons and a coup and install a new friendly government to keep selling oil as Britain and the US have been doing over there for a hundred years now.

Is that your point? You think this is any indication of Saudi Arabia being politically powerful? What is the point of.your last post because it's essentially agreeing with me.

Russia could supply oil. North America could supply oil. SA could cease to exist and the rest of OPEC could supply oil. SA has no monopoly yet they have influence. Fill in the blanks. It's because they're supported, not because they can force any hands
My grandfather was a mechanical engineer who worked on drilling technologies for nearly fourty years. He spent time in South America, Russia, Africa, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Lebanon, and Kuwait. This was his understanding of the situation with Saudi Arabia.

My father has worked in the oil and gas industry in the US since he was 20 and he hasn't retired yet. Currently bidding on a job for oil infrastructure in West Texas. This is also his understanding of the situation.

My father in law worked for Exxon Mobil for 28 years, again his understanding of the situation.

Oh and Aragorn actually fucking lives in Kuwait.

Yet you're arguing against all of this, and also simple history that it easily studied if you have even the slightest inclination to not be ignorant, with only a vague notion of what you think why exactly? Just to be contrary? You aren't even reading the fucking posts
https://patents.google.com/?inventor=Daniel+R+Reardon

This is my grandfather by the way in case you're wondering

WhiteThinDuke
Member Avatar

my grandfather could beat urs up

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Opinions/Confessions · Next Topic »
Add Reply

User Color Code
Admin Global Moderator Forum Moderator Member Validating Banned